Shellamala

Make it harder, less loot

Face palm.

So you're moaning about the 'mini canons' yet you're apparently doing all the killing? So if you could get away with shooting folk in real life in that way, you'd do it? Then what, ask for it to be made illegal? LOL

Can you see what I'm saying. It's just daft. The game needs people like you to add to the tension, if you don't want to be a bushwhacker then don't be!

Like I said, im sick of killing people since our group has nothing better to do, what should we do? Stack up on already full food supplies? I want dwindling food supplies, and the constant strive to survive!

So much whine in this topic.

To be efficient with a sniper rifle you need another guy playing with you (a runner) equiped with a rangefinder (otherwise you won't be able to zero your gun efficiently). It takes time to find the rangefinder (me and my team were lucky, we found a huge camp, 11 tents, filled with hi-end gear, and looted the shit out of it)

I am currently playing with an AS-50, the .50 cal gun that has a 1600m zeroing ability. So far i've killed 3 people with that gun:

1 was a team mate who was between me & a zed

1 was a guy that decided to loot a deer stand. Too bad me & my mate were going for that deer stand as well & he stood up in the stand, not proning.

The last one was when me & my group raided NWAF. 7 people with me, I spotted a guy in the firestation, he was 800m away. Camping in the last floor of the tower.If me & my .50 weren't here we'd have lost a few mens.

So no, hi-end weapons do not disbalance the game. I can understand that you hate it when you're freshly spawned & some guy hunts you down in cherno or elek with his .50 / DMR / M24, but it's the game.

I don't think Hi-end gear should disappear just because you got sniped by bandits from time to time. You don't want to get sniped? Stay the fuck away from stary / NWAF / Cherno / elektro / berezino. find a team, play tactically, do not rush in open fields like a complete fucktard, cause if you do you deserve to be sniped down 1200m away.

To be efficient with a sniper rifle you need another guy playing with you (a runner) equiped with a rangefinder (otherwise you won't be able to zero your gun efficiently). It takes time to find the rangefinder (me and my team were lucky, we found a huge camp, 11 tents, filled with hi-end gear, and looted the shit out of it)

I am currently playing with an AS-50, the .50 cal gun that has a 1600m zeroing ability. So far i've killed 3 people with that gun:

1 was a guy that decided to loot a deer stand. Too bad me & my mate were going for that deer stand as well & he stood up in the stand, not proning.

The last one was when me & my group raided NWAF. 7 people with me, I spotted a guy in the firestation, he was 800m away. Camping in the last floor of the tower.If me & my .50 weren't here we'd have lost a few mens.

So no, hi-end weapons do not disbalance the game. I can understand that you hate it when you're freshly spawned & some guy hunts you down in cherno or elek with his .50 / DMR / M24, but it's the game.

I don't think Hi-end gear should disappear just because you got sniped by bandits from time to time. You don't want to get sniped? Stay the fuck away from stary / NWAF / Cherno / elektro / berezino. find a team, play tactically, do not rush in open fields like a complete fucktard, cause if you do you deserve to be sniped down 1200m away.

Snipe away! Im not angry at people shoting others, im a bit bugged with the easy way to find good loot. I just want a challange, more shitty gear etc.

I don't want superloot to be removed, but i'd like to see a bigger loot table (I suggested more loot location but lower the loot chances, had a few suggestion about weapons including a .22 civilian scoped rifle, and change the slugs ammo for shotgun to beanbag ammos, causing players to faint but not to die).

If you play with a group, it is indeed easy to find some swit lootz (we run around heli crashes, raid stary, NWAF, yet it takes time to scan the area for snipers & other players.)

The infra-red of the L85 serves for two things: hunting snipers (very efficient, since they don't move) & spotting players in large fields. The L85 stopping power & damages are really low, don't complain about it people...

I don't think they should get rid of stuff, but if in reality something needs batteries then it should need batteries in the game. Batteries will need replacing or re-charging. In the post apocalyptic world I would imagine that electricity would almost be as precious as water. If Dean and the team explore this side of things further then they will be on to a winner.

• Like 1

I don't want superloot to be removed, but i'd like to see a bigger loot table (I suggested more loot location but lower the loot chances, had a few suggestion about weapons including a .22 civilian scoped rifle, and change the slugs ammo for shotgun to beanbag ammos, causing players to faint but not to die).

If you play with a group, it is indeed easy to find some swit lootz (we run around heli crashes, raid stary, NWAF, yet it takes time to scan the area for snipers & other players.)

The infra-red of the L85 serves for two things: hunting snipers (very efficient, since they don't move) & spotting players in large fields. The L85 stopping power & damages are really low, don't complain about it people...

Alright, im happy we can discuss civiliced and not starting to call eachother "Coddie, Carebare" etc, I appriciate that. I agree, but I would like more rarity to the good stuff!

I don't think they should get rid of stuff, but if in reality something needs batteries then it should need batteries in the game. Batteries will need replacing or re-charging. In the post apocalyptic world I would imagine that electricity would almost be as precious as water. If Dean and the team explore this side of things further then they will be on to a winner.

Agreed on the battery part, but the loot needs to be more rare in my oppinion!

Yeah, sorry Shellmala for my tone :)

The battery thing would be interesting for things like flashlights (don't know about NVG but they are battery-efficient I think).

For one example, I have a red-dot for my airsoft rifles, with one battery I can use it around 1200hours straight. That's 50 days

Batteries would be needed for other stuff. What about remotes for pipebombs?.

Yeah I don't think sniper rifles should be removed, it's an important dynamic for both assault and defense. I totally agree with the rarity of the military grade weapons, but then I feel like all the weapons (or at least ammo for them) should be harder to come by.

• Like 1

Yeah, sorry Shellmala for my tone :)

The battery thing would be interesting for things like flashlights (don't know about NVG but they are battery-efficient I think).

For one example, I have a red-dot for my airsoft rifles, with one battery I can use it around 1200hours straight. That's 50 days

Batteries would be needed for other stuff. What about remotes for pipebombs?.

I like your thinking, batteries would be a neat feture, I dont know if this has already been mentioned.

Im all for making the game more challenging!

Anything that requires electricity needs batteries, so remote controls would need them. Also...

1. When you pick up a device with a battery, it may have already had quite a lot of use - who knows how much battery life is left.

2. Batteries leak charge even when not used.

3. Batteries corrode and may even damage the device they are in.

I would like to see this modelled more accurately in game, this way, having the whizzy kit means you also have to make sure you have the means to power it.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think sniper rifles should be removed, it's an important dynamic for both assault and defense. I totally agree with the rarity of the military grade weapons, but then I feel like all the weapons (or at least ammo for them) should be harder to come by.

Alright, I would be fine with this change if it happend, though I dont really see those snipers beeing in a post soviet state.

Man you are so bad.

One of my friend take this As50 and get 11 in one day. And he isn't great sniper. I get like 5 in half hour against hight tech armed group and I am a baaad shooter.

Its just to easy.

I really miss my noob days when all I want was a Enfield and Alice pack and AKM was a epic gear. I really miss that.

Now i can get decent equipment in half hour if i have some luck or in 1-2 hour if not. So yeah its easy. With cloning and dumping its even easier to get high tech weapons. Just look for some tents.

Man you are so bad.

One of my friend take this As50 and get 11 in one day. And he isn't great sniper. I get like 5 in half hour against hight tech armed group and I am a baaad shooter.

Its just to easy.

Meh, I can say that my gameplay is bandit, but I don't camp people in stary or the main cities. I am roaming in the wilderness!

I agree with Op.

My solution would be to:

- reduce a military/weapon loot rate in buildings like barracks, military tents, deer stands, etc by 75%

- remove completely military/weapon loot from firestation buildings (why fireman would have AK or M16 there?).

- reduce by 50% heli crash site spawn rate, but leave actual loot rate there.

This would also make a server hopping less efficient.

Now, to improve gameplay I'd like to see more random events with small chance to spawn on server like destroyed military convoys, crashes ambulances and supply trucks:

- Russian, American and British military convoys with proper loot, so British convoy would have 2-3 destroyed Jackals and British Army loot (i.e. L85A2 w/ ACOG, not AWS version)

- crashed ambulance with medical loot

- supply trucks with food, tools etc.

It'd reward players whom explore entire map, not only loot NW Airfield and Stary Sobor military tents.

• Like 1

I agree with Op.

My solution would be to:

- reduce a military/weapon loot rate in buildings like barracks, military tents, deer stands, etc by 75%

- remove completely military/weapon loot from firestation buildings (why fireman would have AK or M16 there?).

Now, to improve gameplay I'd like to see more random events with small chance to spawn on server like destroyed military convoys, crashes ambulances and supply trucks:

- Russian, American and British military convoys with proper loot, so British convoy would have 2-3 destroyed Jackals and British Army loot (i.e. L85A2 w/ ACOG, not AWS version)

It'd reward players whom explore entire map, not only loot NW Airfield and Stary Sobor military tents.

Ah very interesting, will make NW and Stary less hot and even things out!

Finding these weapons, losing them, and then going on the hunt for them again is sort of the pull that makes this game fun. The different between an enfield and a 50 cal and the reward of robbing someone of it, or actually finding one in a spawn is hard to replace.

im up for that, i found a chopper site today which had 1 m14, 1 m249 and 2 fal riffles... :o

ersonally i dont think there is mch wrong, if anything with the current weapon loot system.

Higher power guns arent that easy to find(unless you have got a vehicle to travel faster around for crash sites etc or you are in a large group) but yes, as for night time play i think it is abit unfair at the moment for people with NV as opposed to those who dont considering how hard NV's are to get ahold of.

Making NV's alot more obtainable (supermarket/firestations) might make people play at night more...but dont take away the high end military weapons etc as like everything in life you have to work hardest to get the best! or steal it from someone else which also counts for RL and DayZ heh :/

I agree with Op.

My solution would be to:

I like what your saying but this is after/during an apocolypse and the military have been wide spread and run down by infected so there would be military loot in unusual places (for instance a platoon held out in the tower of the firestation before being overun by Z's hence there weapons/equipment was lesft there....maybe some backstory for ya hehe: P

but yea the rest may come in the future....just need to remind ourselves its very early developement and being a mod (atm) there is only so much you can do.

but i do see what you mean

Finding these weapons, losing them, and then going on the hunt for them again is sort of the pull that makes this game fun. The different between an enfield and a 50 cal and the reward of robbing someone of it, or actually finding one in a spawn is hard to replace.

But I think the pull should be surviving instead! Finding food etc

But I think the pull should be surviving instead! Finding food etc

I agree, and I think this would be great. I feel that once your character has the bare necessities (1 weapon for self defense, means to hunt+cook meat, water bottle, maybe map+compass+watch), you can either just survive indefinitely away from cities, or decide to gear upwards and better prepare for PVP.

That's all fine and good, but I would like it if survival remained a concern even in endgame- I think it would be awesome if they could make survival something that scaled upwards with progress, rather than something that becomes an afterthought once you find yourself the better gear. Maybe they can make heavier equipment (most primary weapons + larger backpacks/inventories) drain your hunger/thirst more quickly and reduce your mobility or whatnot.

anybody who complains about overpowered super weapons has obviously never had one. This is part of the game, wether you like it or not. The problem is not with the availibilty of these super weapons, it is the ability of clans to duplicate them via exploits in the game. In reality, finding the superweapons is hard AF even when you have four guys on ATVs scouring the countryside for helicopter sights (i speak from experience).

Theres also an RP reason for these to be in the game. Given the international paranoia that a zombie outbreak would cause, All militaries from all over the world would be involved in halting said outbreak (for example, in 28 weeks later, the U.S. sends the army to London). These militaries would put thier best foot forward to stop things like this and therefore employ the latest technology and the most destructive weapons.

"Superloot" is already hard enough to find if you know where you're looking. My clan of 6 split up and searched 9 crashed sights, before we ever even saw an m107, and when we found it, it didnt even have ammo. Fix the exploits, not the loot.

that is all