Shellamala

Make it harder, less loot

Something that has been bugging me since the start. These superweapons are ruining the game for me, anyone feel the same? Wouldnt a remove of the nightvision bring the night gameplay even for everyone? Then people would start to use flares, flashlights etc, nobody wants to play at night if they dont have the nvg.

Bring more crude weapons into the game, more bolt action rifles for example. I can accept some AK's here and there and some M16's but they should be harder to find. The superweapons like the M107 and AS 50 look really out of place.

Wouldt a more crude apocalypse be more challangeing and fun? I would love to see bands of survivors armed with bolt action rifles, sawed off shotguns etc and not just automatic assult rifles everyware.

With this groups may need to assign a player with the hatchet to have someone to take out the zeds quietly.

Not just run up to a building with a m249 Saw and just mow down the entire town.

And the night gameplay would be so much fun, more people would play night since everyone faces the same challange, people will use flares, chemlights and flashlights.

Summary: Remove nightvision, more people will play night and not flock to the dayservers.

Bring more crude weapons to the game, skip the superweapons and make the AK's and m16/m4's much harder to find.

Actually make everything scarce.

I want a more challangeing game on every front, food, weapons, medical aid and equipment is scarce.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Edit: Removing or making the superweapons very VERY hard to get is another option by my oppinion.

Edit: Some of us agrees that they should bring in batteries to the game, for nvg's etc. A nice Idea!

Edit: I want a Chernarus where people are avoiding shooting zeds and humans becouse ammo is hard to find, the players are constantly searching for food and water. The most common weapons are bolt action rifles, axes, pistols and shotguns, Assult rifles are very hard to find.

Make it a constant strive for survival instead of a Deathmatch (No im not a recent bandit victim, infact im a former bandit who was a complete asshole), reward players who has been alive with something!

Edited by Shellamala
  • Like 5

I agree. It seems like everyone is a seasoned soldier when they got their hands on M4A1, Heavy Machine Guns, 50 Cal., snipers in bunches. It doesn't fit the atmosphere and it kind of ruins the whole "surival horror zombie apocalypse" theme setting rocket intentionally designed this game for.

Night-vision goggles are just annoying. They're in mass quantities due to stupid dupers, which also ruins the atmosphere for me seeing how everyone is so incredibly stashed up with high-tier weapons. More use of flashlights, flares, chem-lights etcetera.

No one plays on night time servers anyway and what other guns could you add to it, they already took the l85 thermal/night scope out of it.... and added nothing else in replace

Thanks for the replies! Well the nightgameplay would be a great time to loot towns in the cover of darkness for example! Add some crude weapons, hunting rifles without scopes, hunting shotguns, semi auto rilfes, like the SVT 40 if you know what that is.

Cannot agree more. I have M107 and L85A2 and i think they should not be present in this game. I would really LOVE this game if top-tier guns was AKs and M16s/M4s, M14, etc. It will force people to use proper guerrilla tactics to engage someone.

NVGs are ok, just have to be more common.

I agree that the anti-material snipers should go, but there is no need to remove the military grade weapons, just make them rarer so that it is more rewarding when you get one. As for more civilian weapons? Sure, variety is always good, but their spawns should be less than they are right now, finding a Winchester or whatever should feel rewarding, nerfing ammo spawns would help with this. As for removing NVGs to make night time fair for everyone....you would still be a target to everyone else if you turn on your flashlight, NVGs in the game or not. Besides, people don't really wander south with NVGs since they are afraid of losing them, so I don't see a problem there. If you are willing to risk your neck at Stary or NW airfield during night....well, there is always the risk of someone watching you through NVGs. That is the point, you are not safe.

my brother loves sniperrifle but i am all for it.

+1 OP

Don't agree at all. Night vision is far from common and it adds an extra dimension and player type to the game. If you think there wouldn't be merc types in an actual zombie apocalypse you're a bit special.Worst "I got killed by someone with a rifle and night vision" thread ever.

I do agree that there should be more melee and conventional weapons. Possibly factor in a power usage on night vision equipment so that it can only be used for a certain period of time before either becoming extinguished or needing recharging.

Also weapon jams, even on higher class weapons.

Edited by Silent_Scone
  • Like 1

I dont agree, however i would increase military equip rarity and add some more common guns (maybe even percussion) at lower level loot.

NVGs are so hard to find they simply cannot ruin the night game. The chances of you finding someone with NVGs not outside of stary/NW is so low it isn't even worth considering. If you are in stary or the NW airfield, you are going to die, more likely than not, regardless if they posses NVGs. And like ^ said, the motivation to get these things adds something to do once you get stabilized. Also, I don't play night because I like to be able to see without using a light, not because of a fear of NVGs. If i got NVGS, I would definitely play night since I can actually see. If you want more ppl to play night, add more NVGs.

I agree with the concept, but the logic, I feel, is flawed. Night will remain a nearly empty place, as I don't think NVG are the key to why people log out. Night is, in general, more deadly from both zombies and players with or without NVG... In fact, I imagine LESS people will play at night without the benifit of NVG, not more.

somone give this guy a cyote pack, m107, nvgs, gps, a nice silenced sidearm or a bizon in the pack and see if he still wants to remove them

• Like 1

somone give this guy a cyote pack, m107, nvgs, gps, a nice silenced sidearm or a bizon in the pack and see if he still wants to remove them

I have all of those and I want sniper rifles gone.

Don't understand the logic from wanting sniper rifles gone. In the event of an actual-RL-outbreak. What are you going to do? Fetch a megaphone and ask everyone to take their scopes off because you're scared of getting shot?

I'm not scared of getting shot. In fact, I'm waiting to get shot.

I just don't like how distant, easy and blunt a warfare becomes once you have sniper rifle. I want to be forced to get up close and personal to engage someone. This will also improve communication, - more standoffs, more epicness.

They are kinda rare, but people who own them will survive longer, which in the end makes sniper rifles quite common, which is not realistic. Even real military recon regiments do not have so much sniper rifles as average clan group has in-game now.

Gear is the fun part of this game. Spawn more zombies on the servers, make Super Loot spots Almost impossible to go solo.

ok we take the sniper rifles out, then what are you going to do with your nine inch bullets eh? all jokes aside they are so game changing to the player lucky enough to find them. you might be a blood thirsty madman who just cant wait to carry on killing with thier new tool, but have you stopped to think about the implications of a normal Norman picking up a sweet sniper with a barrel taller than he is?

what does normal Norm choose to do ? leave it on the ground and go about his normal life, shoot some zombies and try for another different but better gun? No, I'm gonna place a wager that norm picks up this large, shiney, piece of kit and im gonna say 2-1 odds that he gets a little blood thirst out of it and decides to sit on a hill for the rest of the night... just waiting for beans, I mean a person to come into the view finder

if you take all the endgame loot out, where's the end game

I agree with removing all thermal and night vision...and uber weapons.

I've yet to find anything better than a basic M16/MP5.. but these groups that run around with numerous sniper rifles / silenced sub machine guns / thermal assault rifles imbalance the game horribly... god knowns how they get them without exploiting i just assume they use server hopping type exploits.

I like playing at night.. but with these uber armed bandits its demoralising.

Edited by MadTommy

I agree with removing all thermal and night vision...and uber weapons.

I've yet to find anything better than a basic M16/MP5.. but these groups that run around with numerous sniper rifles / silenced sub machine guns / thermal assault rifles imbalance the game horribly... god knowns how they get them without exploiting i just assume they use server hopping type exploits.

I like playing at night.. but with these uber armed bandits its demoralising.

They're found at helicopter crash sights and decent loot spots e.g. NW Airfield. They are around, you just have to stick your neck out in order to find and retrieve them.

Honestly I think some of the suggestions would turn the game into Disney Land.

Edited by Silent_Scone

They're found at helicopter crash sights and decent loot spots e.g. NW Airfield. They are around, you just have to stick your neck out in order to find and retrieve them.

Honestly I think some of the suggestions would turn the game into Disney Land.

I agree,

Farm the right spots.

Uber items have to have their respawn balanced. I mean, nerfed alot, ultra rare. If a guy find a as50 and nvg he deserves his advantage.