Sign in to follow this  
devilswings5

Server Wipe Global

Well if you here you probably wont like this idea but with all the complaints of people exploting the game via barb wire server hoping ect, i personaly would like to see a global server wipe of everything tents, vechicles, barbwire, ect. i think a fresh start is somthing this game could use. With that said i already know some of you are instanly going to respond by saying that is the most idiotic idea anyone has ever had and you are probably someone who has alot, im with you there i have just about everything anyone would ever want in this game you name it. A global wipe would increase how people would play the game more players would be prone to being more careful when around the citys and other players, items would be more scarce because of the high demand for weapons and other essential items if you dont like the idea please dont bash me for it i just want to know what the community thinks

oh and this is what i currently have on me

m107.+5 mags

ghullie suit

relover

NVGs

Range finder

Coyote backpack with:

M4cco +3 mags

the rest is food and medical supplies

i will be losing alot but its worth the cost, and i do have a tent with much more

• Like 1

alot of people have nothing to lose but someone such as me has alot to loose i think it would keep the game more interesting if they wiped every 6 months or so just to keep eveyone on their toes

I'm kind of expecting a complete DB purge with 1.8.0 or thereabouts.

i havent read anything about a purge or a wipe if you have please link it for me :D

IF the DBs will be fixed* it would make sense. This way there will be just a lot of people running around to get supplies and weapons and the first one in Cherno/Elektro to get a weapon will have a lot of fun with the other ones running around there. But you're right: there is barbwire and tanktraps everywhere you look, which is kind of annoying.

*otherwise I can't explain to myself how it is possible that tents and cars simply disappear, I respawn with a player ID that is not mine (different place with totally different equip - a relog helped though) or equip transforms into other equip (M107 -> CZ550, food -> bandages etc.)

I think it is alright as it is for Alpha.

It shows you how the game develops in the late stages and where the bugs and possible exploits are. As long as it is alpha or beta, I don't mind it at all. Of course I want to see a complete wipe later on!

I've got a lot to loose but I don't mind. A wipe would be unnecessary unless rocket fixes the dupe issues going on beforehand. If we do a server-wipe right now, we'd end up in the same position we're currently in after a while due to dupers.

Don't worry though, server-wipes will be made when game goes into beta and then when it goes into full release.

That would just be like killing a fly in your house by burning down the entire house. You would hurt more people than you would serverhoppers, and it still wouldn't fix the core problem. More flies will just come back to the houses ashes...

For the final release of the game I would be supportive of this, but not during testing, unless specific data needed to be gathered on spawn rates of specific items. (something similar to when food wasn't spawning but either weapon or ammo related) For an Alpha version of the mod, I would have to say no. There are a lot of benefits of having all the items in the game in various players inventories. You could go for a couple days before finding out something like non silenced weapons work like their silenced counterparts when used with SD ammo. I would rather bugs like this get reported right away so they have a higher chance of being fixed with the next update. The longer they get delayed, the longer those bugs stick around through the following patches.

I think it will happen (if not during testing then most certainly either between alpha -> beta or beta -> "release"), and I think it's pretty much necessary at this point, with how so many players have been able to take advantage of duping and/or have survived for MUCH longer than they should have by disconnecting to avoid dying and losing all of their equipment.

I'm hoping an equipment/stat wipe occurs around the time when the disconnect exploit in particular gets fixed, but I'm sure that's unlikely.

I agree.

With a amount of cheated or cloned weapons and other stuff I am for complete purge.

Now I have

SVD with 8 mags

M1911(because I like it)

Coyote military backpack

Full set of tools

Foods/water/medical supplies

Ghuile suit(now bugged)

It will be more fun. I am also for change of loot system.

1. apartment/office/residential brick houses should have common find and more variety of pistols (including M9 and G17 plus more ) (they are main selfdefence citizen weapon) and rare find shotguns(with greater variety)

- pistols are just more common weapon for citizen than a shotguns or rifles(especially in city)

2. wooden houses should have better chance for shotguns and low chance for hunting rifles(scoped and unscoped) low chance for pistols

- longer firearms are more common in countryside

3. deer stand should have more variety of shotguns and hunting rifles(scoped and unsoped) but there shouldn't be pistols and military grade weapons

-this is eastern Europe guys

4. Town hall fire(police) stations, train stations, air towers and some industrial buildings(these with low chance) should spawn pistols submachine guns and shotguns

-fire(police) stations should have better spawn rates and some(very low) chance for sniper weapons

-to simulate police/paramilitary industry/train guards/private security weaponry and equipment

5. military tents should spawn eastern(soviet/Russian) weapons and ammunitions

6. military barracks should spawn western weapons and ammunitions

7. crashed choppers should spawn mostly silenced weapons and ammo and some snipers

8. add some other random events like destroyed checkpoint/abandoned military tents/crashed military/police vehicle with chances for spawn some military weapons and ammo

9.remove anti material rifle

10. Add more zombies in big cities military camps and airfields(bigger density of population and evacuation points)

11. make military zombies more resistant to damage

With this (and with ammo fix) people will be forced to get their ammo and military weapons from heavy infested military camps/airfields. it will promote teamwork and make resupply harder. Military grade weapons become less common(if they fix cloning items).

Now its to easy to get end game weapons. Make supplies and ammo scarce. It will make experience game more fun.

• Like 3

I agree.

With a amount of cheated or cloned weapons and other stuff I am for complete purge.

Now I have

SVD with 8 mags

M1911(because I like it)

Coyote military backpack

Full set of tools

Foods/water/medical supplies

Ghuile suit(now bugged)

It will be more fun. I am also for change of loot system.

1. apartment/office/residential brick houses should have common find and more variety of pistols (including M9 and G17 plus more ) (they are main selfdefence citizen weapon) and rare find shotguns(with greater variety)

- pistols are just more common weapon for citizen than a shotguns or rifles(especially in city)

2. wooden houses should have better chance for shotguns and low chance for hunting rifles(scoped and unscoped) low chance for pistols

- longer firearms are more common in countryside

3. deer stand should have more variety of shotguns and hunting rifles(scoped and unsoped) but there shouldn't be pistols and military grade weapons

-this is eastern Europe guys

4. Town hall fire(police) stations, train stations, air towers and some industrial buildings(these with low chance) should spawn pistols submachine guns and shotguns

-fire(police) stations should have better spawn rates and some(very low) chance for sniper weapons

-to simulate police/paramilitary industry/train guards/private security weaponry and equipment

5. military tents should spawn eastern(soviet/Russian) weapons and ammunitions

6. military barracks should spawn western weapons and ammunitions

7. crashed choppers should spawn mostly silenced weapons and ammo and some snipers

8. add some other random events like destroyed checkpoint/abandoned military tents/crashed military/police vehicle with chances for spawn some military weapons and ammo

9.remove anti material rifle

10. Add more zombies in big cities military camps and airfields(bigger density of population and evacuation points)

11. make military zombies more resistant to damage

With this (and with ammo fix) people will be forced to get their ammo and military weapons from heavy infested military camps/airfields. it will promote teamwork and make resupply harder. Military grade weapons become less common(if they fix cloning items).

Now its to easy to get end game weapons. Make supplies and ammo scarce. It will make experience game more fun.

thank you for supporting my idea and suggestions ive heard some rumors that 1.8 patch is supposed to wipe everything but its not confirmed

It would not help much unless they start monintoring the servers better. It's very easy to get stuff if you are a dishonest admin. And thats not just for the admin himself but for anyone who he lets in on it. NOT being able to run a server without battle eye enabled would go a very, very long way.

I think every major update needs a global wipe. Get players testing again.

That would just be like killing a fly in your house by burning down the entire house. You would hurt more people than you would serverhoppers, and it still wouldn't fix the core problem. More flies will just come back to the houses ashes...

Any time duping is found in any game it usually results in a complete wipe. Bitching about losing your stuff won't help, you shouldn't be playing alpha then.

I still support this, after all the other threads I've supported this in.

In a subtle way, I'm saying use the search function.

Anyhow, I wouldn't be losing much. So you can see this however you like, I'd just like to see how everyone reacts with a complete wipe, clans and newbies alike. As it is now, some people seem to think that since some clans have a few NVGs, that ALL nighttime servers are filled with NVG users, as an example.

At one side I agree, this would do 'some' good, but if this is done it has to coinside with a NEW MAP! because a lot of players pretty much know where they have to go, and are back up to normal levels in 1h or so... put them on a new map, and it's likely they are as newb as everybody else!