khmerbadass

Progress NOT saved

Date/Time: 10 July 6am EST

What happened: Upon logging back in, my previous 2 -2 1/2 hours of game play was not saved

Where you were: Zelenogorsk

What you were doing: Sitting under a tree, logging out

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: AU 5

*Your system specs: Intel Q6600, ATi HD 5770, 4GB DDR2 800, 1TB F3, 320GB WD, Antec 650w TP

*Timeline of events before/after error: Just respawned, found my old body, took my loot. Ran to zelenogorsk from Komarovo. Logged out at back of zelenogorsk because it was 4AM. Logged in today, spawned with nothing at the beach near kamenka. Tried multiple different servers and have had no luck.

Lost everything ;/

Date/Time: 12th July 17:30 GMT(+2)

What happened: I rolled back to the coast without anything.

What you were doing: Near Balota, on the way back to my first vehicel, a quad.

Current Version Installed: 1.7.2

Server you were on: DayZ - RU71 ...

Timeline of events before error: I was running into cherno, looting the apartments and the hospital, finding a quad, drive away, hide, dive far away, hide again, drive back to the balota-airfield to save a friend, killed a guy with AKM, tooked the AKM, ran back to my quad, and then the server restarts!

Timeline of events after error: Logged into the same server, startet at the coast with nothing near quarry...

But it was not the first time, yesterday, on the same server, it restarted after finding a AK74-cobra and a M4A1 at stary sobor!

Date/Time: 12.07.2012 00:00 GMT+2 - 06:00 GMT+2

What happened:

The server crashed a couple of times, resetting my progress to the state where I first connected to the server (nothing I did on that server was saved). The others I played with experienced the same thing, but one of them had lost connection before the crash and had the progress from when he lost the connection (progress only saved after disconnect?).

Where you were:

Spawned in Orlovets after each server crash (about three), server crashed while near the Staroye castle ruins, another time near Guglovo. Had looted Berezino after spawning each time.

What you were doing: Looting, meeting up with my crew and killing zombies.

Current installed version: 1.7.2

Server(s) you were on: DE #00 * Hosted by Warsector.ru

There is no point in counting all the servers... the problem came with 1.7.2 and is almost unfixable. All servers are affected. The only solution is to try out a server and log off and log in again. If you are back to your old spot... the server is broken... try another one.

Edited by Gallagher
  • Like 1

Date/Time: 12 July 18:00 GMT

What happened: Upon logging back in, my previous playtime was not saved at all and reverted to the initial login

Where you were: Chernogorsk

What you were doing: Resuming play with a character that began her life after the 1.7.2 update.

Current installed version: 1.7.2

Server(s) you were on: UK117

Your system specs: ATI 4870x2, Q9550, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit, Arma II + OA (Steam)

Timeline of events before/after error: I logged in last night at the deer tent North of Kamenka, resuming my game I played for 3 or so hours, making it up to Kabanino before calling it a night. The log in this evening reverted to being North of Kamenka again, same place and the same inventory as the first login. Nothing of the previous login was saved. No bicycle, no inventory, no health status, no debug.

Edited by Bribase

I logged in twice today after taking a break from playing. Both times my character was reset.

Sorry for not posting details, I'm a bit tight on time right now.

Yup. every server seems to be affected. Had it happen again after a server restart.

That didn't work for me. I logged in, ran a little way and reconnected. Everything seemed to update but half an hours play later the server restarted and I reverted to my last d/c. I can't play with the fear of a server restart wiping hours of progression.

same happened just now to me. everythings gone, spawned where i started yesterday. i was fully equipped for the first time, ready for action. :(

edit: maybe it has something to do with this problem? http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30610-latest-beta-patch-94876-not-backwards-compatible/

i installed the new beta patch before playing today, coincidence?

Edited by insaneinthebrain

Same thing happened twice to me today. Too tired to post details.

Same has been happening to me regularly last couple of days. I find if I abort tho then try again or even another server suddenly my gears back. Weird.

Happened to me twice now....

Lost over 45 minutes gameplay when the server crashed and then probably 30 minutes the second time.

It's pretty frustrating with lack of dev response.

I have a theory about these random server disconnects (which I've been experiencing a lot of lately).

I recently discovered, because of all the disconnects, that your information (location, gear, health, etc) is not saved to the hive until you've successfully logged out of the server. This is ripe for exploit. If a user get's hurt, has a run-in that didn't go well, or maybe even dies (not sure if it saves to the hive instantly upon death), someone with the know-how could cause an issue with the server they're connected to (DDOS attack for example) which would not allow their updated status to be sent to the hive. They could then log into a different server and not have lost anything and were right back where they started before dying, or losing health, or whatever. I suspect this mostly because of the fact that all the servers are hosted by other users, and are possibly easily susceptible to an attack.

I'm in NO WAY saying that is for sure what's happening, it's just something that I had thought about after having so many server disconnects recently.

Date/Time: 07.13.2012 (5pm)

What happened: Deco/reco and back to an old position with old stuff (news not saved)

Where you were: Upon a hill near starysobor

What you were doing: just before deco: a simple recon with google

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: Fr 21 (beta 94700)

*Your system specs: 2.4 Ghz dualcore 4gb Ram Win7 Nvidea Gtx 260 (896mo)

*Timeline of events before/after error: just run in the forest, some loot in nadezhdino and direct run to Starysobor.. almost playing 2-3h before deco/reco.

I drop some item near Nadezhdino for pickup other items.. when i reco, i popup very faraway from stabir (near the church of Kumyrna), i have my old stuff and lost : knife, steak, some soda can and food can, bandage, amo for pistol 1911.. and maybe other stuff i don't remember...

really frustrating indeed :(

Edited by Dunhkan

i am having the same problems. it almost seems as if there are 3 states that i am currently saved as.

states:

1. relatively fresh spawn. prob 15 minutes. a few items nothing of worth.

2. in the church in elektro without backpack (i had accidentally dropped it and made it disappear) but with nice shotgun and makarov approx 2 hours played

3. unconcious at the top of elektro hospital after having been shot AND killed (i had death screen and logged after that) yet i load in as unconcious with alice pack full of goodies, shotgun and makarov approx 2.5 hours played

i have continued now on the church state and played for another hour. found new packpack and akm to replace shottie. curious if this state has stuck.

also... how is there never a hatchet around when you actually need one ??? :D

It would be really nice if the devs responded too this thread ;)

I haven't played for a while, i don't see the point when the progress is not saved..

• Like 1

Ditto with all of these, its a bug for when a server kicks you off after a restart etc and your progress isnt saved, HOWEVER, you can save it by disconnecting yourself! :)

• Like 1