semipr0

Worst day in History to Start?

> There are so many ways to get what you want in this game.. bitching that it is too hard will not make you any friends..

But I want love!!! ...the game won't give me that. :D

There there, it's all right.. give me a BIG hug and I promise, and I REALY mean it this time, that I wont shoot you in the face and take all your beans...

Not the worst time, I started the very day after they had removed starting with a pistol. Its very tough when you first play. If you're persistent you can easily learn quickly. Ive played the game a total of 14 hours now, and I almost never die without finding a gun these days. Keep going, its a great game, especially if you have clan mates to play with!

I started a few days ago and your description adequetly describes the game when you first start, its pretty great :)

When your new you die a lot its the intention I'm fairly sure, but I read a lot of tutorials, experimented in game. But there are a lot of bugs but after a while you get the hang of it, start understanding how to get away from zombies and where to scavange for supplies.Like someone mentioned above, when you start your character it will say the town you are near or wilderness (Ive been told if you get wilderness just respawn, but i typically just roll with it) and than go this map http://dayzmap.info/ figure out where you are based on your surroundings and that should help getting around a little eiser. though i've just kind of been wandering (probably not the best move) and looking for houses to loot. Once you get the hang of the game you can get into some exciting situations.

(Also, dont forget you can through empty cans to distract zombies)

This mod is rough for new players. It is arguably the roughest it's ever been for new players and also equally arguable that it might be too much for the average new player.

But part of what this game is about is learning from the stupid mistakes you make and learning to persevere through the mistakes that aren't yours. Every death, aside from hackers, glitches, or obscene bad luck, should be a learning experience in its truest form: "I did this once and got killed, I should rethink how I approach that in the future."

Don't be afraid to go through a lot of trial-and-error for this game. That's part of the appeal. The sensation that you're learning and improving. That every attempt makes you stronger, smarter, and hardier.

• Like 1

I'd like to offer my assistance to you. I will not be returning to this thread, but please PM me if you'd like to meet up with a group of friendly survivors. We will take you by the hand, and reverse your frustration.

Thanks, I thought something was wrong.

After that post I did much better; found a shotty in a barn and then a Makarov in a church. Somehow, I dropped my shotty when trying to switch weapons and couldnt find it anymore. i then left, and found a *chick* in a store with a crossbow being attacked by zombies. I killed the zombies, but i guess she was hit and kept passing out; i didn't have a transfusion kit to save her.

Its moments like that that make this mod awesome. While I still haven't figured out everything yet (swapping backacks and transferring items between backpacks is eluding me for the meoment) but I'll eventually get it figured out.

Also, thanks for the tip with the empty cans, I didn't know you could throw those.

I was playing today and had 3 zombies on my back, I ran fast to the train station building with the small ramps in Kamenka, i made an U turn around it (crouch walking since the middle of the u turn). Went crawling below the roof and stayed still, I could hear zombies steps on the other side of the building, then i turned around it and there was one like 2 meters away from me, luckily he was walking away from me so he didn't see me, the other zombies eventually left and i was safe. My heart was pounding so hard the entire time.

Edited by sebastian.w

i didn't have a transfusion kit to save her.

You don't need a blood pack to stop people bleeding, just to recharge their blood level..

If you had a bandage, scroll the mouse wheel, and it will give you the options that you have available...

For example, you have a player, unconcious, bleeding infront of you, if you have a bandage in your handgun ammo inventory, you will get an option to 'bandage player'..

If you have a morphene injector in your main inventory, and you mouse scroll over someone who has a broken bone, then you will get an 'inject morphene' option..

If you have a blood bag in your main inventory, and you mouse scroll over another player, you will get the transfusion option..

It really depends on what you have in your inventory, and the target that you are mouse scrolling over..

But you really need to pay close attention to your own inventory, and the target that you are looking at.

Main point of this rant is to PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING.. and go play the single player campaigns

Edited by Skinman

:) I never knew about the tin can thing so there is a fighting chance for me yet :)

Its all good and well that some users say BLAH BLAH BLAH all you have to do is BLAH BLAH BLAH but I can bet my bottom dollar that when they FIRST started playing, they had a weapon ? Yea, thought so :D

How do you save in the new version too ?

I don't think you have to save, i just close the game and when I join the same server i am at the point where i was when i left.

Since I started 5 days ago I have asked a few of those very questions.

Another thing I've noticed:

Things have gone from mainly zombie concerns to pvp concerns more and more. I would love to know why Rocket did away with the Humanity stat. Now with Humanity and bandit skin gone it seems there is now NO reason, other than being with friends, to NOT shoot EVERY player you see.

Things have gone from mainly zombie concerns to pvp concerns more and more. I would love to know why Rocket did away with the Humanity stat. Now with Humanity and bandit skin gone it seems there is now NO reason, other than being with friends, to NOT shoot EVERY player you see.

Today i was hidden inside a barn, two guys come in running with zombies behind, I tell them to run out to the other door and hide, one of them gets a hatchet from the floor and start hitting me with it. He killed me and after that the zombies got both of them.

Yes, pvp is a little weird but i think it's fun anyway.

Maybe because it was flawed? Self defense kills turned you into a bandit. The system will need a lot more than 1 murder equals bandit.