Sign in to follow this  
Shard (DayZ)

Got shot, pretty cool story. Need medical assistance.

EDIT: Well, I already contacted a member of the Medical Corp team here on the forums, and so I won't me taking random people because they will probably shoot me dead if I told them where I was. But the story is.

(Sorry if this is not epic in any way to you if you're good, I've been playing a while but never got into a fight like this before and survived)

Right, so what happened is that

I was running from zombies in Chernogorsk, and then I ran into a church, I instantly saw two guys at the far end, moving about. They saw me as soon as I entered. I am not a douc*bag by nature so I didn't shoot them, although I was fully armed with a Winchester and a Makarov. So as soon as I got to where they were, I turned around and began shooting the zombies, trusting they would notice I was lowering my guard to them and was friendly. I shot maybe one two zombies, when one of them came up to the isle I was in, and he shot me point blank in the side. The other guy was somewhere else. Probably scavenging. I fell down with big blood loss and broken bones, and managed to somehow swivel myself and I shot him as fast as my Winchester could fire in the chest, I think it was 5 times, then the other guy came in the isle, so I emptied another 2 into him and he dropped, then shot whatever was left in the very very near zombies, (almost hiting me) and managed to load my last mag into the shotgun and finish them off. I then bandaged myself, and fixed my bones. And noticed by blood level hung at about 500 or so.

It seems to me that the reason I did not die was because the weapon the player had was actually a double barreled shotgun. And he must have somehow had to reload.

Adding to my glee and relief was the fact that he was a bandit, and I had not murdered anybody (Both were)

Its so good for me because I've never won a pvp battle like that. I usually try and reason with the players through chat.

The most I got so far was a 'srry' from somebody I was trying to save before he shot me multiple times while I tried to give him a hand.

I have been murdered by a person I just protected. They ran a zombie line into a building I was in, I picked off the zombies, and he then picked up a gun on the floor and shot me dead.

Personally, I don't get it.

Why not live and let live?

Cool story. I got one too, sorta similar:

In Electro, I had a Lee Enfield and was walking into an office building. I saw another guy down the hallway with a crossbow and he saw me. I put my rifle down in hopes that he would be friendly as he keeps going back and forth behind a corner of a wall... as if he was trying to dodge any shots from me.

As I turned around to leave, he shoots me in the back with his crossbow. I go down, unconscious and bleeding really bad. Fortunately, he didn't finish the job and no zombies were around to feed on me. I eventually regained consciousness, patched myself up real quick, ran across the street to a pub and took shelter on the second floor fearing for my life. I was fuming at this point and desperately wanted revenge. After looting the second floor, I looked out the window in hopes of finding my assailant until I heard footsteps from downstairs...

I quickly turned around and aimed at the stairs. Lo and behold it was the same guy with the cross bow, aiming in my direction as he walked backwards up the stairs. This time I didn't hesitate. My Enfield brought him down in one shot, and several shots to his face afterwards he was officially dead. Revenge is so sweet. =)

• Like 1