Legacy (DayZ)

PSA: Do not wear alternative clothing in 1.7.2.0!

Temporary announcement, will be moved when necessary or forced moved.

At the moment in 1.7.2 other types of clothing (Camo, Ghillie.) remove your entire inventory which will result in total unrecoverable item loss. At the moment it is a confirmed bug and the DayZ Staff are looking into fixing it within 1.7.2.1 hopefully!

Sources:

- https://twitter.com/...648318273134592

- http://dayzmod.com/f...a-ghillie-suit/

- http://www.reddit.co...know_about_172/

This happened to me. I had camo suit and once I managed to get in for the first time in 1.7.2 the game asks me for gender and when I started I was on a fresh character, my character was 29 days old before this prompt. About a minute or so into the game the session was lost so I tried another server. This time I spawn in with my 29 day old character and all my gear, but with civvie clothing. So I can tell you firsthand, DON'T use any camo you find!

• Like 1

Glad I read this before I logged in. Haven't played since the patch came out because people were mentioning wiped gear.

I've read some conflicting info about this. So will my inventory be wiped if I was wearing camo before the batch and would now log in? Or just if I switch to camo/ghillie now? Should I wait for a fix just to be sure?

Glad I died recently with Ghillie on... You cant take that shit off once you drop civilian skin package.

I do not know if it affects you with the clothing on, but in a game view I would imagine it wouldn't. Do not take my word for it, but I imagine from a game view that when you take it off it affects inventory due to a change in it.

I had camo clothing on when I last played 1.7.1.5, and when I logged on the first time in 1.7.2. I still had all my gear, except I spawned with civilian clothing. Close call, at least I got to keep my Bizon and DMR ^^

I found camo the day before this patch came out (the first non civilian clothing I've found), so I'm not playing again until they fix this problem. If I knew I'd just lose the camo I wouldn't mind, but it's the reports of losing everything else that has me wary.

The strange thing:

- I never joined a 1.7.2 server because of bug fear, today I joined a 1.7.2.1 server after having done the manual update: my ghillie is lost anyway!!!

- will now be able to find and wear it (1.7.2.1) without losing all items?

I found camo the day before this patch came out (the first non civilian clothing I've found), so I'm not playing again until they fix this problem. If I knew I'd just lose the camo I wouldn't mind, but it's the reports of losing everything else that has me wary.

Read the post just below yours mate...

Damn just read this right after i put on a ghillie suit i looted from a bandit.....

lost everything i fought through cherno for :(

I can confirm I also had gillie suit pre patch, now I am civillian again (same as my mate)

I also had the thermal sniper / assault rifle pre patch, post patch nothing in my hands.

Since picking up another weapon, I can press F and toggle to the weapon I lost up in the top right of the screen, but the gun in my hand stays as the new weapon and cant shoot.

Lastly I picked up a crowbar while holding a shotgun, my shotgun dissapeared from my inventory, crowbar replaced it, but the gun is still in my hands.

I can now F cycle through, Old thermal scope gun, crowbar and my new shotgun though only 1 shows in my inventory

I guess its an alpha so no point complaining, just not sure where to post these bugs at

A friend had a Ghillie suit and lost it on login (had civilian clothing), but nothing was lost on his inventory.

The strange thing:

- I never joined a 1.7.2 server because of bug fear, today I joined a 1.7.2.1 server after having done the manual update: my ghillie is lost anyway!!!

- will now be able to find and wear it (1.7.2.1) without losing all items?

Why did you join 1.7.2.1 then? It's supposed to be experimental for players who don't care if they lose their stuff. Don't go test a new experimental patch if you aren't ready to lose your stuff to bugs...actually you should be prepared to lose your gear anyway since it's an alpha.

Temporary announcement, will be moved when necessary or forced moved.

At the moment in 1.7.2 other types of clothing (Camo, Ghillie.) remove your entire inventory which will result in total unrecoverable item loss. At the moment it is a confirmed bug and the DayZ Staff are looking into fixing it within 1.7.2.1 hopefully!

Are you going to replace those for whom you removed them from? mine was magicially missing apon the 1.7.2 update.

I had camo clothing on when I last played 1.7.1.5, and when I logged on the first time in 1.7.2. I still had all my gear, except I spawned with civilian clothing. Close call, at least I got to keep my Bizon and DMR ^^

Well, i did not upgrade to 1.7.2 and lost my camo clothing, too. My friend lost a ghillie suit also without upgrading dayz. Must be a server based failure.

Edited by hobbicon

Are you going to replace those for whom you removed them from? mine was magicially missing apon the 1.7.2 update.

I do not speak officially, nor do I have any access to anything DayZ Server related. I can not give you back any items, I am just a forum moderator. This is just a PSA warning users not to equip clothes while playing the 1.7.2 patch due to a bug that eats your entire inventory.

Edit: If I had the power to do so, why would I even want to do it anyways? Characters will one day reset, and there is no point if nothing is permanent. I would rather you work your way back to what you had before anyways, the idea of a new adventure and new people that you meet is fun and exciting! ... Dependant on what server you play on.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Ditto: I had a ghillie suit before the patch. Couldn't get 1.7.2 last night due to the website implosion so I just played on a 1.7.1.5 server and noticed my ghillie was gone. One of my buddies also lost his guillie suit - thankfully no loss to inventory items

Why did you join 1.7.2.1 then? It's supposed to be experimental for players who don't care if they lose their stuff. Don't go test a new experimental patch if you aren't ready to lose your stuff to bugs...actually you should be prepared to lose your gear anyway since it's an alpha.

The fact is:

- your ghillie\camo is already lost mate, no matter what you don't\do now.

So just go playing.

I'm not sure on my specifics, but I had a ghillie suit before. I think after patching I logged in to a 1.7.2 server, but had to start anew. On another server, however, I was back at Polana with all my gear, minus the ghillie suit. I did not suffer any other item loss, and did not equip any new clothing since then, so I may be lucky. In this case, I just have to find a new suit after the bug (equipping them removes gear) is fixed.

Oh well, new challenge!

Seems like a Hive problem, because i played 1.7.1.5 yesterday (my favorite server was not updated) and i lost my ghillie too. But nothing else.

After the server updated nothing changed, ghillie gone but stuff still there.

I can confirm I also had gillie suit pre patch, now I am civillian again (same as my mate)

I also had the thermal sniper / assault rifle pre patch, post patch nothing in my hands.

Since picking up another weapon, I can press F and toggle to the weapon I lost up in the top right of the screen, but the gun in my hand stays as the new weapon and cant shoot.

Lastly I picked up a crowbar while holding a shotgun, my shotgun dissapeared from my inventory, crowbar replaced it, but the gun is still in my hands.

I can now F cycle through, Old thermal scope gun, crowbar and my new shotgun though only 1 shows in my inventory

I guess its an alpha so no point complaining, just not sure where to post these bugs at

Weren't the ghillies and camo removed due to this issue. (What i've noticed is that when you change skin, you actually become a new character. Due to the limitations of the ARMA motor)

And the L85 with IR was removed due to the IR-sights being too easy to spot people with