Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

You need to replace the armaoa.exe in the main folder with the one in the beta folder..

I went through the same "update 3 times thing" a few builds back, and then googled. Your shortcut/steam doesn't run the beta exe unless you use a bat file or replace the original.

Edited by Cyanyde

wtf, it says im on 93825 after i just updated twice in the past 20 minutes.

do ineed to verify my steam cache or something for it to update properly?

Not sure about the steam version, ive arma x retail. I had to download the 1.60 update from arma2.com, then delelete the expensoins/beta folder, then update to 94700, and i copied the beta .exe into the main AO folder, because ive sound problems otherwise.

Edited by whet

You need to replace the armaoa.exe in the main folder with the one in the beta folder..

I went through the same "update 3 times thing" a few builds back, and then googled. Your shortcut/steam doesn't run the beta exe unless you use a bat file or replace the original.

I think you can just play off the exe in the beta folder

but yeah, all this isn't explained well. it confused me for awhile

?!?

I've read this whole thread and most of it has to do with people who don't understand how to run their game without SixUpdater, which is a horrible program, by the way. They don't understand how to run ArmA beta patch files and how to start up CO outside of Steam. Not sure if people are too lazy and decide to just blurt out crap on the forums or if they are legitimately stupid.

• Like 1

mfw no one knows how to update their ArmA or DayZ manually. It's sad, really.

get off your high horse. it's not explained well. and a lot of the (old) tutorials people use don't even mention it (the beta patch)

• Like 1

I've read this whole thread and most of it has to do with people who don't understand how to run their game without SixUpdater, which is a horrible program, by the way. They don't understand how to run ArmA beta patch files and how to start up CO outside of Steam. Not sure if people are too lazy and decide to just blurt out crap on the forums or if they are legitimately stupid.

Well if you dont have the knowledge it can be very tricky, even for me its sometimes try and error and ive 20 years of experience with stuff like that, you have to have some patience tho. But you are right some ways, a good amount of users have to research more before posting here.

Edited by whet

mfw no one knows how to update their ArmA or DayZ manually. It's sad, really.

Nah.. what's sad is when people post childish shit like this..

How about you stop being a douche, and post something helpful, especially since you're so smart and know how to make it work.

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 5

Well if you dont have the knowledge it can be tricky, even for me its sometimes try and error and ive 20 years experience, you have to have some patience tho. But you are right some ways, a good portion of users have to research more before post here.

There's nothing wrong with coming on here asking for answers, but at least try to solve the problem yourself and not make people spoon feed you the answers.

HOW TO GET YOUR BETA PATCH WORKING IN STEAM WITH OR WITHOUT SIX UPDATER:

All of your Beta files are stored in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

When you run Operation Arrowhead from steam it runs the executable in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe

So, in order to run the beta from steam, you need to copy the arma2oa.exe from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

You then need to tell steam where to load the files for that .exe from, so in your launch options for operation arrowhead in steam you need to add the following line:

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Now, when you run the game from steam, it will load whatever the beta patch you have installed. Please note that each time you download a new beta patch you need to copy the .exe over from the beta folder.

• Like 2

How Steam interacts with your ArmA2 and DayZ files:

You made a couple of changes to your Steam download, which help you run DayZ without jumping through a bunch of hoops (assuming you did it this way)

-You added an extension line (-mod=@dayz -nosplash) to your ArmA2 and OA (Combined Operations) executables, which ran the DayZ mod whenever you launched ArmA2 from Steam

However, when you update your beta patches for ArmA2:OA and launch ArmA from steam, you are not launching with the new beta executables. This is because ArmA has two different .exe's when you install the beta patch. Steam does not know about this second .exe. You need to make Steam run the second executable (AngryJonny's way), or you can by-pass Steam and just create your own launch shortcut. I use the latter.

To run ArmA2 beta without messing around with your Steam client:

Go to Desktop

Right click->new->text document

Paste the code shown below into a file

Name and save the file as "ArmA2 CO Beta - DayZ.cmd"

Run DayZ from this file because it's easier than what AngryJonny posted

????

Profit

Note: This is for Steam users only.

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:v32_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:uac_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)
:std_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:uac_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:std_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)
IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)
:run
call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -mod=@dayz %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
ENDLOCAL
:end
@exit /B 0
:ENDfailA2
@exit /B 1
:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 2

To manually update DayZ mod's code, head to the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\

You can extract the files that are on the mirrors and the torrents here. Note that inside of the "Addons" folder there should be only 14 (15 as of 1.7.2.) files and no folders.

Edited by PricelineNegotiator
  • Like 1

Look at you Mr. Judgy.

I switched to Six UPdater because like many here and many who never come on the forums, I'm not an expert at file moving and that type of thing. I know, you say you are and because of that you seem to judge everyone else as less than you. Between, work, projects, family and life I don't care to devote unnecessary time to learn something a program can do for me.

Instead of being a dick, why not provide helpful information for those who don't know how to do things. Like instructions? Or a suggestion to use or don't use the Six Updater and why you think that. etc.

Edited by Slyder73

Way off topic this thread has gone.. To continue the meander, 6updater is quite good once you get around its clumsy ui. And most importantly it's the best way to get and update ace2 for arma2, and that is the best realism mod and makes arma2 what it should be.

On topic.. I saw no experimental servers with an acceptable ping and I leave among the snakes and spiders in the continent near rockets home cuntry.

another issue occured: it became quite hard to consume drinks and food (and bandages!!!)

because the right click icon would only stay for a moment...

so i need to be really quick about bashing left...but after a minute i got it...

sry i am no english native speaker!

If you Alt + Tab out of the game it may do that. easy fix, open options menu, if you can see the options auto-highlighting in rapid succession in order just press Tab once and your good to go.

Anyway, i noticed something i think is related to the stress that is being tested, i went into places with loot and there weren't even tin cans, things appeared before my eyes if i waited shortly enough, there seemed to be a heavy delay in item spawning. i guess it's no surprise.

There's also the random warps, which im sure a lot of people is aware of.

Also a massive delay in consumables being used. oddly enough, the sound of them (say, a delicious cola can) is delayed even more. Gutting animals also seems delayed, although i think this was and is normal, im talking about 40+ seconds.

and this one was completely random, a bonfire/fireplace would turn off seconds after being lit, although if you were quick enough to select "cook food" it would get cooked no problem. the late part being obviously minor, but the fire turning off is puzzling.

fps were monstrous near cherno or elektro, despite a reasonable lack of zombies. lag also was increased, no big surprise there either. it foiled the awesomest antiplayer plan i have devised thus far, there is some making up to do on my part. (The player seemed to just warp by)

sometimes zombies blink in and out suddenly, as if spawned and quickly despawned.

lastly, barbed wire fences should be removable, just a short opinion, with a toolbox perhaps.

If you Alt + Tab out of the game it may do that. easy fix, open options menu, if you can see the options auto-highlighting in rapid succession in order just press Tab once and your good to go.

Yeah, this seems to happen to Steam users a lot also since they shift+tab out. Causes problems when typing in chat where it auto selects your words for you - pressing tab fixes this. Make sure before you alt+tab out you press escape, pull out your map, etc. so you don't shoot your friends when you alt+tab back in.

B.T.W. Priceline Negotiator... Excellent name... Hope that's your Dayz character name too!

Thanks, it's something along the lines of that in-game.

Well, it WAS working like a charm. I tried to rejoin my server, and it says that i'm running 1.7.2 instead of 1.7.2.1, but ten minutes ago I was just playing. Obviously I already downloaded the hotfix since I was just on that server. Anybody else having this issue or know how to fix it?

It's not 1989 any more. Learn how your computer works or you will be at the mercy of the Geek Squad form the rest of your life.

What you're saying is akin to saying " I dont have time to figure out how to cook food. I have to eat fast food all the time.."

I think maybe you're just a douche. If it's so easy, make a tutorial. It's a pain in the ass. Every single way you can buy Arma means you have a vastly different way of installing things. It's a confusing nightmare. Get over yourself, Mr. Gates.

There's nothing wrong with coming on here asking for answers, but at least try to solve the problem yourself and not make people spoon feed you the answers.

"STOP POSTING ON A FORUM ASKING PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE SOMETHING HOW THEY DID IT!!!!"

Just once, read your own posts in the third person. Then, go cry yourself to sleep on your gigantic pillow because you realize what a condescending ass you've been.

Edited by weenus
  • Like 2