Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

Any official word on if this works/fixes player ID's and the stuck at loading and character to create screens, for ArmA X users. If not, do you know what causes, and or are working on it to fix it in future versions? I would like a working version of this game to play, player ID problem isn't quite fun atm in 1.7.1.5 Keep up the good work and come up with solutions, im counting on you ;D. Cheers.

I had the same problems, but this pre-hotfix seems to work for me...just one server yet but i think it will not take long untill more servers are upgrading to 1.7.2.1

Edited by FeeLiX

Throw a grenade / Hit them down with your axe.

This is not for this specific location, I'd like to playtest on a "clean" server.

Anyway I didn't know that you can blow tents with grenades. I only blow buildings with smokes...

- ArmaX user

- no problems loggin in on SE 3

- no major bugs so far

- looted animals still despawn instantly

- night looks amazing now

looking forward to official 1.7.2.1 release

Which beta patch are you playing with ?

I don't want to buy a second version of the game on steam -_-

Edited by BrasKa

Any chance of adding some servers, Ander?

I'm west coast US, currently, and all of these are 180+ ping for me.

It would be nice to have something for those of us far from the EU.

• Like 1

Which beta patch are you playing with ?

I don't want to buy a second version of the game on steam -_-

I am ArmaX user and i just bought the game again through steam... Cant be arsed to wait ages for a fix... i already waited to much for a fix that didnt came, i couldnt play on friends server i lost everything cause of the new patch in combination with ArmaX bugger...

Hope they will create a good game without bugs... already payed enough

Edited by papsh

I am ArmaX user and i just bought the game through steam... Cant be arsed to wait ages for a fix... i already waited to much for a fix that didnt came, i couldnt play on friends server i lost everything cause of the new patch in combination with ArmaX bugger...

Hope they will create a good game without bugs... already payed enough

You made me cry. >=(

Edited by BrasKa

toow, I have my first meet up with some clanm8s planned for tomorrow, and we are all new and most took a long time to get to the meeting place, still waiting for one. So i can't realy test this one, not that i fear loosing my stuff, but it would realy be annoying if they have to wait hours for me to show up...

Main reason i wanted to post here though, I realy like this approach to alpha testing an update and i think you should do this more often if you are not entirely sure on big things working. People can decide for themselves if they want to risk it or try it and any unintended bugs can be found before it enters the 'omega' testing on 'release' of the patch to everyone.. hope you will take this approach on more occations :) (also so that i can join in)

Edited by L0GIN

ArmAX is at the moment only playable with

1.7.1.5 & beta93965 and 1.7.2.1 & beta94700 (but here you need to wait a little in "loading"screen and u spawn new on the beach,but u can go back to 1.7.1.5 and play ur old char).

i recomment playing 1.7.1.5 & beta93965 to stay with ur current char and wait for the hotfix to be released.

but i think that we (armaX users) will lost our char (due to the ID changes that were made) when 1.7.2.1 is released.

• Like 1

lets hug ourselves and cry together m8 :(

Ok, go :(

ArmAX is at the moment only playable with

1.7.1.5 & beta93965 and 1.7.2.1 & beta94700 (but here you need to wait a little in "loading"screen and u spawn new on the beach,but u can go back to 1.7.1.5 and play ur old char).

i recomment playing 1.7.1.5 & beta93965 to stay with ur current char and wait for the hotfix to be released.

but i think that we (armaX users) will lost our char (due to the ID changes that were made) when 1.7.2.1 is released.

I don't care about losing my character... just want to play :(

Are the 1.7.2.1 servers connected to hive? Is the loot I collect and progress I make gonna save?

Are the 1.7.2.1 servers connected to hive? Is the loot I collect and progress I make gonna save?

Read the first post again.

If you care abut your stuff, then you shouldn't be doing this.

peppa i reached a pro loot , tents atvs, car etc and lost it, but it will happen again in game so not big deal. we need to get used to it in alpha/beta testing. i delete everything from HD and downloading steam version now cause since the start of me playin i had problems with armaX. I didnt rolled back to 1.7.1.5 cause im sure that the gear will be lost again from a bug or something else lol.

papsh i can only talk for myself and for me it worked.

i changed from on version to another,changed the betas and i can still play my "old" 1.7.1.5 char.

when i tried 1.7.2.1 i spawned freshly on the beach (i think must be to do with the ID changes for X users),played a few hours to look if all works well,and then changes back and continued to play my old char.

but ur right i cant tell u that u dont loose stuff and char.

Is there any chance to roll back to version 1.7.1.5 without reinstall the mod or the game? Or what sould I do to play WHIT saved character stats?

As said before if you guys care about your stuff, tents or vehicules you probably should stick to 1.7.2 and wait for an "official" hotfix.

i own the hardcopy version of ArmAx.

to rollback i only delete the beta folder: Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\beta

then install the beta of your choice normaly.

at last delete all *.pbo´s from dayz\addons folder and put in the ones from the version u want to play.

thats it.

Edited by peppa

papsh i can only talk for myself and for me it worked.

i changed from on version to another,changed the betas and i can still play my "old" 1.7.1.5 char.

when i tried 1.7.2.1 i spawned freshly on the beach (i think must be to do with the ID changes for X users),played a few hours to look if all works well,and then changes back and continued to play my old char.

but ur right i cant tell u that u dont loose stuff and char.

yea i know that rolling back is working but the main question for ''all'' is... If a guy that rolled back in 1.7.1.5 will be able in futute to update in a new patch without loosing his gear/tents etc ? I dont think its possible to keep it, cause loosing the gear its the most simple thing that happens all the time in the game. All the other issues are rare.....- Find an empty whiskey bottle is rare if you compare it with the common loosing your gear...

Damn man playing 1.7.2.1 & ARMA II beta patch v94700, Logged out in the shop/store in Cherno last night, Logged back in just now, I'm back on the beach with no weapons or even a backpack ... Basically a totally empty inventory!

yea i know that rolling back is working but the main question for ''all'' is... If a guy that rolled back in 1.7.1.5 will be able in futute to update in a new patch without loosing his gear/tents etc ? I dont think its possible to keep it, cause loosing the gear its the most simple thing that happens all the time in the game. All the other issues are rare.....- Find an empty whiskey bottle is rare if you compare it with the common loosing your gear...

You WILL lose your gear, sooner or very sooner.

Stop clinging to those pixels. It's a lot more interesting moving forward than not.

(See sig below)

Edited by Disgraced
  • Like 1

Damn man playing 1.7.2.1 & ARMA II beta patch v94700, Logged out in the shop/store in Cherno last night, Logged back in just now, I'm back on the beach with no weapons or even a backpack ... Basically a totally empty inventory!

thats what im talking about above...

The gear and the life thing in this game is not running in our dimension always... So dont be happy if you find a good gun or a tent...

Don't you have enough statistics? Maybe it's time to let us play?