Time Glitch

What MineZ is Doing Right, and What DayZ Could Learn From It.

Welcome TC to the forums, where any post that isn't directly sucking the dev's **** is responded with 'Carebear CODKid noob go play somethangelse'.

Don't try to make suggestions, it hurts peoples feelings of stability and the snipers will come in force to protect their right to shoot at you from a mile away while safely cowering under their bush. Any change to this way to play will 'ruin' the game (true but just for them) and make DayZ 'stupid'.

:D Enjoy your stay!

It's not the dev's fault. Rocket himself has asked for all these jackasses to stop being dicks to everyone and saying what should and shouldn't be suggested in the game: http://dayzmod.com/f...-facts-of-life/ Most of them completely ignored this of course. Too convinced that what they want is what Rocket wants. Most of them don't even know he's got factions and questlines planned for endgame.

The good thing though is that Rocket has already said he doesn't like forums, reads this forum only occasionally, rarely takes anything away from it, and has toyed with the idea of getting rid of it multiple times, just because of the entitled hipster croud that tends to form around them.

This thread is amazing, back when I drifted in Forza Motorsport competitively and took it fairly serious we had an established judging method for runs, it worked, it may of not been perfect but all other judging methods were basicly based on the logic of the one that started it all. But one guy wanted it changed vastly, no one agreed with him or his judging logic, not a single person. But he would not stop fighting it, no matter how many times we explained the flaws in his logic.

It amazes me how litarally no one agrees with this guy (other then maybe 1 or 2 minor things) lil off topic just was reminded of that since its like the exact same situation.

Edit, just remembered had an on topic comment to leave, I have...73 hours in Dayz, I havent died from sniper fire once.

Edited by Formula21

It amazes me this topic is still going on.

It amazes me you still think these are good ideas.

Have you played Arma II? Do you know there is a wave function already? As well as other hand signals.

Maybe you should do some research and learning before you try to dumb down the game because "snipers are op". They are not, i deal with them constantly as players have dealt with me constantly. Some kill me, some die, some get away. That is the nature of the game . Also there is no more infinate ammo. Read the patch notes he fixed the issue of ammo refilling when you disconnect.

Adapt or Die.

Majority of people know how to deal with snipers. Why should the devs make it easier for you.

Edited by Hashisx

It's not the dev's fault. Rocket himself has asked for all these jackasses to stop being dicks to everyone and saying what should and shouldn't be suggested in the game: http://dayzmod.com/f...-facts-of-life/ Most of them completely ignored this of course. Too convinced that what they want is what Rocket wants. Most of them don't even know he's got factions and questlines planned for endgame.

The good thing though is that Rocket has already said he doesn't like forums, reads this forum only occasionally, rarely takes anything away from it, and has toyed with the idea of getting rid of it multiple times, just because of the entitled hipster croud that tends to form around them.

He says he spends 6 hours a day reading the forums..should really read you link first.

Also we haven't, or at least myself, said that he shouldn't suggest anything. We just said his suggestions aren't ideal for this game. Big Difference.

Again the game should be harder. not easier because you cant figure out how to avoid sniper fire.

Its a cut throat world out there.get use to it.

Edited by Hashisx

Hi,

Here some minds to help you in your path to understand the mechanic of sandbox game and players interactions, especially with sniper rifles. (hope you can read this cause english isn't my native language...)

1) You did commit a major failure even before playing this game : you tought it can be possible to be safe somewhere. The fact that's it's totally false. And that's the point of all the game's mechanic and realism. IRL no one can be totally safe. You can be safer than other ppl, but not totally safe. I ve been playing Eve Online for years (and other pvp games) and i can ensure you that the only solution to be safe is in fact to be logged off... and even in some games, that does prevent nothing. That's in relation with your "nametag" : this will not prevent anything in the way you think. If you can't see a sniper without it, you will not see with. This "feature" will not prevent you to die. You know that and that's maybe you suggest to lower the efficiency of these guns, to take a hit and still can take cover, bandage, then gtfo or DC. Set up this feature will kill the mid/close range game, even more. And to close this point, in reality you don't have "nametags"; if you want to recognise a friend, wears can do it. Just look at your friend and keep this picture in your mind. That's all you have in real life too; if you trust ppl you barely meet/know; you are doing it wrong, also IRL. This will fuck up your friend group ability, but guess what... that's the fact in real life or zombie apoc scenario: i will not team up with guys in the street, just because they are wearing a cap and pretty cool bag.

2) You got killed by sniper because you are doing it wrong : Not wanting to hurt you, but you have to wake up. This game is built on a military simulator in a pvp way. If you just don't want to learn and do some tactics in this way to keep you alive, you are doing it wrong. Plus, you said you will not adapt to this... One more time, this is a military simulator pvp game, accept it or uninstall. In real life, if you know you can encounter some snipers, do you really run in open field, wondering what kind of sauce you will find to eat your beans?

Now, you more talk about cities situations. That's even more the point you don't understand. You are alone, no team up to cover you and you go in town such elektro and cherno : So you are doing it wrong. In real life, if you are alone i suggest you to go for a farm or something like that. I'm pretty sure you play during the day, maybe at more popular hours, you see videos of guys in cherno during day time having fun etc. False, just False. If you are alone, avoid cities, avoid day time, avoid public area such hospitals and stores. If you keep doing this with no learning the sniper's tactics, you are doing hardly wrong.

If you really want to go in town, just go ahead. Take cover, watch for one to two hours in a popular server. i'm sure you will die many times, but in the end that will be the last time you got killed by snipers. More like something camping behind a door with shotguns (do you will cry to nerf shotguns? xD)

3) Ppl before me were saying you did wrong were completly true and thus the reasons why were good to. i will not take there reasons back here. Enought said.

4) what you suggest is nothing more to do a COD/BF like than an arma game. This will break entirely the game, the friend request, the identification, the damage reduction etc. This will turn the game in a peace fest "com'on guys, let's build a farm and farm beans, this survivor game is too easy, i ve to leave it" -_-

Hopefully this game is not based on preincurgited fun. The fact is that you are playing a PVP game, If you want to survive, you will not just deal with zombies, but much more with players, like in every fucking realistic scenario.

I did not talk on the balance of weapons and stuff like that and about the exact points you ve talk about, cause in fact, it's all about the pvp stuff and your refuse/fail ability to adapt/live with.

PS : THIS MOD IS JUST WELL BALANCED ON PVP WAY JUST FIND BRAIN /// SPOIL///--> YOU CAN LOOT IT IN ZOMBIES' MOUNTH !!!

I think the OP makes some good and interesting points even if I don't agree with most of what he suggests. However, he made one suggestion in a later post that I think would help:

Nerf the deer stands.

I've never understood why deer stands spawn military loot instead of farm loot. I imagine the residents of an eastern European country would be much more likely to use Lee Enfields and Winchesters to hunt, not assault rifles. All I do once I've gotten my basic kit together is loot the deer stands.

Either change the loot type from military to something else or double (if not triple) the number of zed spawns around deer stands. Military loot should be much more difficult to obtain.

Edited by walrus2517

I think the OP makes some good and interesting points even if I don't agree with most of what he suggests. However, he made one suggestion in a later post that I think would help:

Nerf the deer stands.

I've never understood why deer stands spawn military loot instead of farm loot. I imagine the residents of an eastern European country would be much more likely to use Lee Enfields and Winchesters to hunt, not assault rifles. All I do once I've gotten my basic kit together is loot the deer stands.

Either change the loot type from military to something else or double (if not triple) the number of zed spawns around deer stands. Military loot should be much more difficult to obtain.

Ridiculous complaint. Nothing good really spawns there. What does spawn there, also spawns in Cheno/Elektro so stop crying about it.

Taking away guns is the worst idea in this post. Taking away high powered guns will not make you safe, if you give me a gun I will still shoot you in the face on sight. This is Arma, there are military bases for looting, everything is based upon risk and reward, taking away nice guns is detrimental to the mindset of people earning their gear and trying to stay alive with it. Edit: also we have guns, nots bows or swords.

Edited by AllYoYens

Ridiculous complaint. Nothing good really spawns there. What does spawn there, also spawns in Cheno/Elektro so stop crying about it.

yeah the spawn rate in deer huts it's pretty avg. Theyre also everywhere Edited by AllYoYens
  • Like 1

Other than you're forgetting one very important thing: Being an asshole bandit HAS NO DOWNSIDES.

While bandits only account for ~18% of players, they account for over 40% of deaths.

Death is a pretty big downside, wouldn't you say?

Bandits are constantly putting themselves in harm's way. Their lifestyle is naturally more dangerous and therefore they die far more often.

And what are their advantages, pray tell? Because 99% of the time a bandit kills someone that player has no loot the bandit could use. Most experienced bandits have the gear and items they need. They kill for pleasure. Their only "advantage" is playing the game in a way that is interesting and compelling for them.

And calling them "assholes" for doing so reveals you not as someone who is overly concerned with DayZ's core concept or particularly interested in improving the game, but just as someone who dislikes people who enjoy PvP.

DayZ might not be for you? I don't know. That's up to you to decide but "asshole bandits" are a big part of the game, and a big reason why the otherwise mundane tasks in the game take on an element of extreme emotional intensity, uncertainty and risk.

Most DayZ veterans understand that without the presence of bandits and their "asshole" behavior, the game would quickly become a stale loot collection pinata.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why it's "ridiculous". It isn't a complaint, just a suggestion and I'm not crying about it, just trying to remove what I think is one of the easier exploits in the game. And deer stands are far easier to find military gear in than Cherno/Elektro, plus killing 3 zeds protecting a deer stand in the middle of nowhere is much easier than raiding Cherno/Elektro (or any town).

I just think military gear should only spawn in military locations, and I don't consider a deer stand a military loot location. Farm: yes. Residential: maybe. Military: no.

Perhaps the loottables should be changed a bit (I mean the rarity of weapons and their spawn rate, not the location). and give everyone a complete reset, but only after the dupeing (idk how you spell that) is fixed, otherwise the game will be flooded any way again..

I mean, the alpha is for testing right?

Its really. Adapt or DIe. I know I have said it many times in this tread but it holds true. Darwinism.

Perhaps the loottables should be changed a bit (I mean the rarity of weapons and their spawn rate, not the location). and give everyone a complete reset, but only after the dupeing (idk how you spell that) is fixed, otherwise the game will be flooded any way again..

I mean, the alpha is for testing right?

I rarely find high end rifles in the deerstands. Maybe a AK74/AKM once in awhile but not much ammo to begin with. I dont see where you are getting your numbers that these deer stands spawn good guns every time. I usually find ammo and other misc loot in the stands.

Deer Stand Stats:

Chance of Zombies Inside: 30%

Number of Zombies Outside: 3

Loot Spots:2

Loot Chance: 50%

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

for more loot stuff.

The numbers seem reasonable.

I rarely find high end rifles in the deerstands. Maybe a AK74/AKM once in awhile but not much ammo to begin with. I dont see where you are getting your numbers that these deer stands spawn good guns every time. I usually find ammo and other misc loot in the stands.

Deer Stand Stats:

Chance of Zombies Inside: 30%

Number of Zombies Outside: 3

Loot Spots:2

Loot Chance: 50%

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

for more loot stuff.

The numbers seem reasonable.

I'm not only talking about the deerstands I'm talking in general.

I think this would also promote Team play more because you won't find guns THAT often, which means you have to team up for bigger survival chance.

Also in real life, I don't think everyone has acces to militairy items/weapons..

and in my opinion have lower spawn chances that might balance it out.

But as I tried to imply before, this might or might not work, but this is an alpha and you might as well test it in practice (that's just my opinion).

Also in real life, I don't think everyone has acces to militairy items/weapons..

and in my opinion have lower spawn chances that might balance it out.

Chernarus is occupied to two giant opposing military forces. Jesus christ, did no one here fucking play ArmA 2 at all?

Best thing to do with MineZ and Dayz

Anyways, keep minez the friendly way it is (even if PVP picks up its a lot more skilled based PVP than Dayz because its just swords and bows in MineZ) because some of my friends will like that more. That way when they want to play we hop on Minez, but when I want unpredictable, hardcore, realistic survival I'll hope on Dayz.

Right now there are 3 ways I can think of to get good military loot.

1. The airfields (heavily defended by both zeds and bandits)

2. Corpses (based soley on luck or banditry)

3. Deer stands (everywhere and barely defended)

1 & 2 are difficult but 3 is a joke. I just think compared to the risk/reward ratio everywhere else in the game, deer stands are way too low risk/high reward.

LoL Minecraft.

/agreed

Whats funnier? Minecraft with a Z at the end of it.

Right now there are 3 ways I can think of to get good military loot.

1. The airfields (heavily defended by both zeds and bandits)

2. Corpses (based soley on luck or banditry)

3. Deer stands (everywhere and barely defended)

1 & 2 are difficult but 3 is a joke. I just think compared to the risk/reward ratio everywhere else in the game, deer stands are way too low risk/high reward.

Deer stands only hold that much tough and don't have any of the barracks quality only loot.

Sure you can visit all the deer stands without worry but it will take a lot of time (and time equals food and drinks)

A lot of people rather get more gear quicker with more risk.

I find it fairly balanced, they should increase the zombie count around deerstands tough, or maybe make them random on servers just like the crash sites.

Interesting read. But part of the enjoyment of DayZ is the inevitability of death at any given moment.

playing day z should be like playing project zomboid in mindset,

there is no win scenario, this is a story on how you died.

its blunt and truthful, you will ineveitably die, the game will do everything to support your death, some people will last minutes, some will last months, but exsistence is only temporary

Would a nuke in the game realistic?

I've seen several different types of nukes/ ICBM's that players can launch in regular Arma2 over the years. They look pretty damn spectacular when they go off....but don't fly your aircraft too close trying to get a look, the radiation kills the engine and you crash. :P

In DayZ, hmm....Would love to see what can happen to Chernogorsk, big Zombie cleanse!