Sign in to follow this  
antiwarus

How did you discover Day Z?

Some people I'm subscribed to on YouTube started playing DayZ together and I got interested in it.

I heard there was a target rich environment from a friend. He was right.

Some guys in a gaming community i'm part of posting some info about in our forums.

Saw it on another game's forum. And indirectly through seeing a bunch of friends on Steam play OA.

ipwnstar4hire! You guys should check him out. He does a lot of bf3 and is a pretty cool/funny commentator

I was telling my friend about how I always wanted to make a game very similar to this, and he was all like ''lewl bro you ever heard of dayz?'' and I was all like ''nah bro whats that'' and he was all like ''bro check this shit out'' and sent me a link and I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaaah.

saw some videos on youtube, looked into it for a while, remembered i already had operation arrowhead, so i decided to go ahead and get arma2(vanilla) and tried it out, haven't played any other game since

Paulsoarsjr on Youtube was playing it so i gave it a try and fell in love whit the game

Read a few articals on RockPaperShotgun and it got my interest.

Article in Kotaku way back in May, I believe they were the first big gaming site to talk about the game. Instantly knew i had to buy it.

Included a link to the article for those interested.

http://kotaku.com/59...-game-ever-made

Damn... I miss the good ol days of dieing on the ladder because i had my pistol out.

Edited by Greasymullet

Found vid on youtube of DayZ and then found it was a mod through ARMA II. Now im downloading ARMA II combined operations and then DayZ :P

Totalbiscuit tweeted something about it a long time ago, I looked it up and watched SideStrafes First impressions video and bought it 10 minutes after :3

• Like 1

Saw it on Youtube while looking at "Watchdogs" at E3, it was just under there somewhere i believe lol

Lot's of people in my gaming community playing it and temporarily losing some players in this mod to it, made me curious.