Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

Hats, Armbands & Backpack Badges for Team Identification

Super short post because I think the title almost speaks for itself.

Let us dye our hats with crushed berries or other stains.

Give us colored armbands to put on.

Let us sew crude badges to our backpacks.

Something to share with friends to identify each other as part of a squad.

Also, not opposed to the idea that someone might be able to steal one of these armbands or hats and infiltrate our group and impersonate a member.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 9

Not bad. Tired of asking again and again, "IS that you?" in TS3. Then again, name tags are pretty much broken and are cheats.

For Arma 3 maybe. I hope they add a player customization like in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Add so many options for customization that you could easily wear a uniform and tell who is friendly.

There are many skins in the base arma 2 game that are unused in dayZ.

Here are some.

The hat one is swag as fffff

iff_inf_napa.jpg

Bandits :p

iff_inf_chdkz.jpg

With enough diverse skins (which are already in the game) it's can basically serve the same purpose.

During the day, you can however tell your team to carry chemlights to recognize them.

Yep, good one.

A quick, easy way to show others you are friendly (or lying) is the way to go.

There are many skins in the base arma 2 game that are unused in dayZ.

Here are some.

The hat one is swag as fffff

iff_inf_napa.jpg

Bandits :P

iff_inf_chdkz.jpg

With enough diverse skins (which are already in the game) it's can basically serve the same purpose.

During the day, you can however tell your team to carry chemlights to recognize them.

I agree with the diverse skins being used but some of them don't work with the Operation Arrowhead backpacks (example: Ghillie Suit), which wouldn't completely ruin the game but you want to see if your victim has a coyote backpack or coyote patrol pack don't you. Also, don't seperate the skins into bandit and survivor, I like the survivor second from the left though. And you're right, the hat one is swaggy as "fffff", I think it'd be overused.

I'd really just like the ability to pick what our civilian and camo clothing looks like. Same design but different colors, and colors that are persistent throughout logging in and out of the game. Overall good idea. We need more ways to identify ourselves in game.