Wüstenfuchs (DayZ)

"Waiting for Character to create" - Read this!

So I'm having the same issue as everyone else. However' date=' I've noticed that each time I attempt to load DayZ, Arma and Arma 2 seem to lose files as a result. You can observe this by attempting to play bootcamp following quitting from the "Loading character screen" This is fixed by right clicking arma in steam, going to properties, local files and then click verify cache. Doing this for both games allows you to play anything but dayz. However, upon attempting to relog into a dayZ server will result in having to restore these files all over again. One of the afflicted files is the battle eye service. I hope this is of some help to the guys trying to fix this.

[/quote']

That isn't good. Someone else mentioned something similar happening. But easily fixed. Wonder how many will run into this problem and not be able to fix it.

Only file that was downloaded during validation was the arma2cobeta.com which I had edited to start in a non-windowed manner. So while at the waiting to create screen for 20 min I experienced no missing files. Hmmm now after validation nothing works. Game will not start. Missing file then wrong serial error. We'll back to the drawing board.

sh... perfect. Managed to enter server - but where is my sniper-suit? Well, nice that I have second I was going to give out. Oups - no suit, no weapon - everything but backpack just vanished!!! Say "chao" to night vision and M107 !!!

If you messed something up like I might have. I did the initial install of the mod using the simple installer that was available. After that I would go to the manual install download page and look at which files had been update and install those into the addon folder in the @DayZ folder. That usually worked. After this latest mod patch and the stuck at creating screen I validated my files. Only one needed to download and it was both .com files for the Armaoa and CO. I had edited those to run in non-windowed mode. Both files had changed after validation but only one file supposedly downloaded. When trying to run the game it would not run at all, either with or without the DayZ mod.

I emptied the @DayZ folder and deleted the beta folder from the expansions folder. Re-validated the game. Reinstalled the 94444 beta. Ran Arma2CO once and exited (glad it worked now) and then extracted the DayZ .rar files to the DayZ folder. Wah La.... game works. DayZ loaded and runs even better. Didn't loose an item.

I'm an owner of the ARMA X pack, I've been having this issue since I updated the game yesterday. I've spoken to the owner of my most visited server and he says that he's done all the updating necessary for the new patch. I still keep getting either the "incorrect version of the server side application" message or my game just sits at a loading screen. I left it to load for an hour to find no change at all, I couldn't abort this process without ctrl+alt+del and ending the task through the manager.

Someone please help D: I hate not being able to play :/

I'm an owner of the ARMA X pack, I've been having this issue since I updated the game yesterday. I've spoken to the owner of my most visited server and he says that he's done all the updating necessary for the new patch. I still keep getting either the "incorrect version of the server side application" message or my game just sits at a loading screen. I left it to load for an hour to find no change at all, I couldn't abort this process without ctrl+alt+del and ending the task through the manager.

Someone please help D: I hate not being able to play :/

Same problem I am having. I am able to get on if i just spam different servers, over and over. I eventually get lucky and get in.

same for me ...im arma x user aswell ...seems like we have 2 face the next big problem for arma x user :(

Same problem I am having. I am able to get on if i just spam different servers, over and over. I eventually get lucky and get in.

Same with me... sometimes I get lucky, then when I do I lag out and wind up dead... :/

I am having this same problem. Stuck on the loading screen before character creation. I have left it there for hours at a time and I don't proceed past that screen, I haven't been able to play once yet! had this mod for a week now :( I have everything installed correctly as far as i know! Followed the install guide. Got the six launcher and every server i join I have low ping so i dunno what to do.

It'd be nice if we got an update on how things are going, it's all well knowing that the issue is being fixed but I'm sure everyone would appreciate if we were given an ETA or an actual answer to what the problem is.

I've tried to do a few manual fixes but I still get stuck at a black loading screen.

I am having this same problem. Stuck on the loading screen before character creation. I have left it there for hours at a time and I don't proceed past that screen, I haven't been able to play once yet! had this mod for a week now :( I have everything installed correctly as far as i know! Followed the install guide. Got the six launcher and every server i join I have low ping so i dunno what to do.

i have played for 2-3 weeks, i got the same problem, we just have to wait for the next update

with older versions of the game I've been able to play, but not since 1.7.2 anymore.

nevertheless, I'd like to ask if this might -indeed- be a problem with battleye?

->

entirely removing battleye from the system which consists of the installation files in your expansion dir as well as the dll in your profile.

I've noticed, that the filesize differs a little even they are called the same. in my profile the file is 100kb, in my gamedir it's only 96kb.

after a reinstall the dll's in the two directories both are 100kb at size BUT after a restart of the game the one in the game dir went back to 96kb.

the dll offered here http://www.battleye.com/download.html is also 100kb and intended to be used as stated everywhere.

-> which one is the correct one AND is it ON PURPOSE that after a restart of the game those two differ again?

can anyone confirm this?

edit: I'm retail ARMA X user

Edited by Av1um

Im using Arma X. I lunch DayZ from Six Launcher. I cannot login to any server. Yesterday wrote me "Waiting for Character to create" and I load only 2 times into game (from almost 200 trying). Today my game stop on Loading and I have to kill ArmaOA.exe task in TaskManager.

• Like 1

Im using Arma X. I lunch DayZ from Six Launcher. I cannot login to any server. Yesterday wrote me "Waiting for Character to create" and I load only 2 times into game (from almost 200 trying). Today my game stop on Loading and I have to kill ArmaOA.exe task in TaskManager.

Welcome to the hell that is the latest patch :(

Yeah I think it could be a problem with Arma X, as I have the steam version on one computer (works fine) and the Arma X version on another computer which gets stuck at either a loading or character creation screen, quite annoying!

Got the same prob, but changing the server usually works for me.

thx for advice. I try it, but same problem ... Loading ...

Edited by arnysimilar

still doesnt work for ARMA X with the last 4 beta patches I tried.

Stuck at "LOADING" screen. (not the "waiting for character")