Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

I cant really progress since this patch...

Getting spotted at 100m and I cant even crawl silent without a weapon (which I dont have), so I cant even enter a town since the zombies may not see me at 10m, but they will hear me (crawling makes noise...).

Guess I cant play until this is fixed. :(

Edited by Huan

Quite a few times yesterday I would get all geared up and then next log in I was at the coast.And one time I get to hospital and load up on 4 morphines,4 painkillers and 4 blood bags.The painkillers disappeared completely and I lost 2 morphine and 2 blood bags oddly.

I think the respawns should be slightly more dynamic, for instance a zombie shouldn't just respawn in a city on top of a player as it makes trying to take and hold strongpoints impossable, possably make it so that zombies are spawned whenever no players are about, in that specific area.

My only suggestion is to tone down the zombie respawn time. Can't loot a heli or a deer stand without new zeds respawning. Also zombies see too far.

As far as fixes well...

-magazines still magically replenish after logout (not complaining lol)

-animals stop moving when you get close to them most of the time

-duping still works...there are giant tent cities and huge fortified areas on the NW edges of most servers. Take a look. free stuff for all.

-Vehicles? what vehicles. They are still hidden away off map.

Also there still isn't much to do once your outfitted and living off the land. Quess I'll have to become a murderer like everyone else. /shrug

...now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Worst update ever....

Every server got lag, the [FIX] note aren't fix.

Such lag totaly disgust me from DayZ, People abuse of it and kill you while you're lagging.

Got killed with my Car on a lag, lost all my stuff, including 3 NVG, 3GPS & 3telemetre.

Fix this, or just get back to 1.7.1.5.

When I spawn I have at least 2 Zombies aggrod without even moving. That just sucks.

There doesn't seem to be much point putting time into getting gear atm. I logged off last night in a nice position with gear, food, water 2 decent weapons and the ability to hunt and cook my own food. Logged on this morning and i'm in the wilderness with no gear, so I respawned, (It is alpha so shit happens) spent 2hrs this morning getting a few bits together, had no gun but had the ability to hunt and cook my own food again as well as water bottle so i still had 12000 blood and had enough medical supplies to keep he healthy. Logged off went for a few pints with friends. Came back logged on and my guy is back on the coast with no gear.

What's going on?? I know it's Alpha and bugs will be common place but atm, I don't see the point of making a character and spending time improving him just to log back in and he's either in the wilderness, been back dated considerably or back at the starting point.

>crouch

>zombie 60 meters away

>go prone

>aggro

Its so difficult to loot towns since you will inevitably have to crawl over non-grassed soil. And then the zombies will spot you 30m away.

We too, have noticed the inconsistent Zombie sprout rate. I've started calling it 'sprout' because that's what it looks like up close. Groups of Zombies sprouting up out of the ground before your eyes, and instantly coming after you even if you are well hidden and perfectly still. Most unsettling.

I was playing around with them between the barn and the little brown house on the side road out of Kamyshovo to get an idea of their new behaviors, aggro range, spawn triggers, hit strength, etc. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it appeared that my proximity to a lootable building was the primary spawn/aggro trigger. I'd stop on the hill facing the barn entrance and see either a single zombie or none whatsoever. The closer I would sneak, more would start to spawn. Just before hitting the doors a group would come running at me from behind the barn. Mind you, this is the barn with only one entrance. There were also always Zombies already in the barn as well, hovering over any loot spawns. I refer to these guys as the "loot poopers". I have walked in on them in barns and warehouses squatting in the corners. They get up and come after you, you hatchet their noggins, go check their squatting area and voila...a double barrelled shotgun! It cracks me up!

Sorry, I got off track. I would be able to clear the barn and head over to the brown house, but it's the same deal. The closer I'd get to the house the more the Z's would sprout. In both buildings though, if I held completely still they would just parade around whatever building I was in. I did not get attacked through walls, and as long as I was still they did not come in the doors. If I moved even slightly to exit the building they'd get pissed and start piling up at the entrances.

I never, ever shoot zombies. I only use a hatchet. I don't even pick up guns anymore ('cept the .45 if I can find it). So I can't comment as to whether or not gunfire triggers increased spawn or aggro. In my experience it's become way more difficult to plan out your approach to loot buildings in this update. We've tried to scout buildings from afar, like we always have, and see not a single Z, only to have multitudes start sprouting and coming out from behind the buildings the closer we get.

I can't exactly call it game breaking for me, because I/we have been able to sneak, corral them in a building, take them out. But it has certainly been frustrating and has made the experience incredibly slow for me. Must go so slooooow, all the time, makes me yawn. Oh yeah, I have yet to have a zombie break my bones in this new update. I get hit fairly often too, since I only use hatchet. I'm quite happy about that part :D .

I am curious as to what the new weapons are, they don't seem to be mentioned in the update log either:

1.7.2 is progressing well. Significant performance improvements, weather affects stealth, new weapons, more melee. More updates soon -Rocket

MORE MELEE! I'd like to know more about that, I love sneaking behind zombies with the hatchet hahaha.

There needs to be a setting for admins to disable Zombies all togather. This game has way more to offer than zombies.

Once helicopters come back and more vehicles are added it will be a proper sandbox.

Disable zombies on a zombie game? How you fail to see how dumb that sounds is beyond my comprehension.

There needs to be a setting for admins to disable Zombies all togather. This game has way more to offer than zombies.

Once helicopters come back and more vehicles are added it will be a proper sandbox.

Are you kidding? I hope so. lol

If you want the "more to offer" just play the game, not the DayZ mod. Arma2 is an amazing game and LOTS IS offered, military combat both big and small, all the vehicles and weapons etc. There are massing RPG servers. There are coop servers, there are RTS style gameplay elements on the Evolution/CTI modes.

If you bought Arma2 to play the DayZ mod it's awesome too. But DayZ is what it is. If you want the rest, check out the actual game you bought.

• Like 1

Very bugged update, and about the insane spawn rate and detection range of Z, this would only be ok in a traditional Zombies game where they can't outrun you. Since they run faster than anyone in DayZ, they shouldn't spot players that easilly or respawn that fast... You can't really see a point killing Z anymore as they will never stop spawning this is a game breaker for me too.

Damages done by weapons also seem too low, not only SD weapons, all of them, a 7.62 shot should knock down players leaving them bleeding when fired under 500m range. 6 sd bullets to kill a Z ?? Not worth it! Again this is a game where zombies are quick and run fast so it's pointless to have them sustain huge damages as they're already supposed to be hard to target.

Have been playing since the patch before this one and really enjoyed the game, the zombies are broken with this new patch. i did some testing and the zombies have now incredible sight and will start going after you from far away, to new players with no way to defend themselves this is very frustrating expect a lot to quit with this until its fixed. Also I ran past a zombie who was looking towards the opposite direction of me and he didn't even notice me, so it's all a matter of where they are looking now, just wanted to add to the people that want this changed, zombies that will chase you from a mile away + people trying to take the only soda you've managed to get, no thanks.

While playing the new 1.7.2, we've found that the zombie ability to see you has changed depending on whether you are standing or laying down etc. It is harder for sure, but if you belly crawl slowly they can't see you until VERY close. The debug monitor now has a "visual" indicator. That is the distance at which ZOmbies can see you. If you stand up in a field by a town and it jumps to 100, they can see you from 100m away and wil likely come running. Crouch might be down to 55 or so. But belly crawling can get you down to 10 or 12. You can crawl into almost any place you could 2 patches ago when crouch walking by now getting on your belly and crawling.

Players just have to think more about the zombies now and take into account the visual range. I find it more exciting, but not that much more difficult.

Zombies are not broken it will just take a few weeks for the player base to catch up and learn new successful strategies and techniques for dealing with them.

Edited by Slyder73

Very bugged update, and about the insane spawn rate and detection range of Z, this would only be ok in a traditional Zombies game where they can't outrun you. Since they run faster than anyone in DayZ, they shouldn't spot players that easilly or respawn that fast... You can't really see a point killing Z anymore as they will never stop spawning this is a game breaker for me too.

Damages done by weapons also seem too low, not only SD weapons, all of them, a 7.62 shot should knock down players leaving them bleeding when fired under 500m range. 6 sd bullets to kill a Z ?? Not worth it! Again this is a game where zombies are quick and run fast so it's pointless to have them sustain huge damages as they're already supposed to be hard to target.

Not sure what game you are playing. The Zombies do not run faster than you. Have you tried this or just repeating rumours? I've ran from zombies many times, even last night. They take off running very fast and accellerate to speed but if you get up and run you will go the same speed, they won't catch you. They do not run faster. You can run through trees or around buildings and if you lose line of sight they stop following you. OR, run into a building, they stop runnign at the doorway and walk slowly. Then you can kill them. They stop running at any building or fence.

They also die just as easy. Not sure where that complaint came from either. I killed 15 last night with a hatchet just by standing on one side of a fence, attracting themand waiting for them to slow down to get over. Walk up to fence and BAM, dead zombie in 1 hit, every time. Then they were clear for a few mins, they do not spawn too fast.

Also, have you noticed the "visual" indicator on your debug monitor? That is the distance at which zombies can see you. Stand or crouch or move fast and it gets bigger. At 120 they can see you 120 meters away. If you belly crawl slowly it might be down at 10. I've had it down at 6 and was able to crawl right past zombies.

If you are not paying attention to things it will get you killed.

Try new things, learn what others are doing. Zombies are not much different.

Zombie sight range HAS to be reduced. At this time its nearly impossible to get into a building without getting a horde of zombies on your ass. The second you stand up at the doorway you'll get an aggro somewhere.

Not sure what game you are playing. The Zombies do not run faster than you. Have you tried this or just repeating rumours? I've ran from zombies many times, even last night. They take off running very fast and accellerate to speed but if you get up and run you will go the same speed, they won't catch you. They do not run faster. You can run through trees or around buildings and if you lose line of sight they stop following you. OR, run into a building, they stop runnign at the doorway and walk slowly. Then you can kill them. They stop running at any building or fence.

They also die just as easy. Not sure where that complaint came from either. I killed 15 last night with a hatchet just by standing on one side of a fence, attracting themand waiting for them to slow down to get over. Walk up to fence and BAM, dead zombie in 1 hit, every time. Then they were clear for a few mins, they do not spawn too fast.

Also, have you noticed the "visual" indicator on your debug monitor? That is the distance at which zombies can see you. Stand or crouch or move fast and it gets bigger. At 120 they can see you 120 meters away. If you belly crawl slowly it might be down at 10. I've had it down at 6 and was able to crawl right past zombies.

If you are not paying attention to things it will get you killed.

Try new things, learn what others are doing. Zombies are not much different.

They run faster then you, the only reason they dont "catch" you is their swing animation. They stop to swing and lose ground on you and then have to catch back up before repeating the cycle.

And then a sniper gets the headshot on the guy who is laying prone. Hell even if the Sniper misses he will probably get another shot off before you are able to stand and start running. Then again I hate crawling with a passion and have never had the patience to crawl for long distances. I would rather agro a bunch and run into a building and escape through another door, or add to my zombie kill count.

Yea I can agree with you there. I also keep meaning to try flares more often. I just have had weird results on what is a zeds priority when it comes to flare and person.

• Like 1

They run faster then you, the only reason they dont "catch" you is their swing animation. They stop to swing and lose ground on you and then have to catch back up before repeating the cycle.

Agree... Zed are much more faster then us! :)

So basically you want to play Arma? It's a Zombie game.

• Like 1

I actually like the new zombie aggro, I got used to it already. I managed to crawl trough a very bad spot, I had 2 zombies behind a wall coming my way and another two waiting ahead. So I decided to crawl away, and I swear the zombie were like 10 meters away from me, so I don't think it's that bad.

Yea I can agree with you there. I also keep meaning to try flares more often. I just have had weird results on what is a zeds priority when it comes to flare and person.

I used a smoke grenade the other day to clear a heli site. Works a treat. Every Zed goes and checks it out for a min or so. Does draw a bit of attention but then so does the heli site. Let's you get in and out quickly.

I used a smoke grenade the other day to clear a heli site. Works a treat. Every Zed goes and checks it out for a min or so. Does draw a bit of attention but then so does the heli site. Let's you get in and out quickly.

Do certain types of "attention getters" work better? I guess a smoke grenade versus a flare?

Thanks for the info ;)

I haven't played much on older versions, only a few hours on 1.7.1.5, but in 1.7.2 I don't feel the zombies changed much or are harder to avoid, if you have a hatchet and buildings near is easy to kill any amount of zombies, if you dont want to kill them sneaking up is very possible and not really hard. You just need to plan your moves and move from cover to cover as quiet as possible.