Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

The z´s aggro too easey, the previous system was good this new system makes it too hard imo.I can not go into towns anymore even i walk slowly crouched they sometimes just spot me from absurd distance even though i have zero visibilty at night !!

Turns out, you can't refill a water bottle in the ocean. ponds or water pumps. I had to circle back into kamenka and found a pepsi in a building, drank it and I'm at about half health. crawled to the water pump and filled up then crawled out of town.

It was previously removed, you could not fill a canteen in the ocean in the last patch as well

Pros :

Zombies less Bone Breaking

Frames have definitely increased

Animals are moving quite well and are no longer sticks in a field

Visibility is notably a different concept

Cons :

Servers having difficulty managing the new patch

Desync issues are more common

Zombies are very paranoid, very hard to avoid them. They aggro from VERY far.

It seems like the majority of people who answered this thread think that Zeds agro way to easy now including me. I just started playing a couple of days ago before this patch and I struggled even then to be able to enter a building to find some stuff. Ok I know the nice thing is that you have to learn to play a game and get better but now its nearly impossible to even get one step up and if you die over and over again or like me; "YAY! I found my first gun! :D" after 2 min I was dead and had to start all over again and it took me several days to even find a gun cause of the hard zeds core.

I might suck at playing this but shouldnt this game also adress less hardcore players? The game gets more and more unrealistic then realistic and that sucks. If this issue isn't fixed I will stop playing, not because I don't like the game cause I love it but right now its just a game where I can spend my time in the woods away from zombies and eventually die from thirst or hunger, it's not that fun really.

The z´s aggro too easey, the previous system was good this new system makes it too hard imo.I can not go into towns anymore even i walk slowly crouched they sometimes just spot me from absurd distance even though i have zero visibilty at night !!

You were able to avoid every single zombie and loot all places without messing up with them. Now you have to fight for your loot and it is way more exciting to enter a town. What I'm afraid of are zeds bugging inside houses or walls so they appear from nowhere.

I haven't been able to get my hands on the 1.7.2 add-on so I can't really speak as of this update except the fact that the visual detection seems a tad off. We'll manage, but just curious whether it's working as intended or if it's a glitch like crouch audibility bug we experienced a few patches back.

Glad to see that the developer team is on-top of bugs and whatnot.

Only thing I have to report so far is what others are saying, I think certain zombies are aggroing from too far away.

Will keep testing :)

The game is not keeping track of bullets still. You can waste half a mag logout and come back with it full again. Also if you log out with below half a mag it will eat the rest of the bullets and you lose the mag.

The game is not keeping track of bullets still. You can waste half a mag logout and come back with it full again. Also if you log out with below half a mag it will eat the rest of the bullets and you lose the mag.

Have you tested this in 1.7.2.1? As far as I know, they had to revert some updates due to the loading bug, so the ammo tracking/syncing update might not be implemented in 1.7.2, but rather 1.7.2.1.

Ok 1.7.2 is very very smooth on the server I was on just now, its the best performance ive had ever really, silky smooth view movement with mouse, makes one feel like the game is not taxing the pc right now, most strange but hope it stays that way, feels great.. shame about my l85 :P ./ dmr will have to suffice for now :D still shows the l85 options with F key though.

Haven't noticed much difference (yet), performance is smoother though, or atleast I think so. Also zombies don't seem to magically hear you from mile away if you're inside a building/in a walled area.

I am NOT looking forward to the bear traps, we all know that people will exploit and whore with them. Also barbed wire should degrade in x amount of time - it's annoying when every damn place is filled with wires that are older than jesus.

But, I spawned in the debug plains. No gear, lost it all and most importantly - my ghillie suit :(((( Died of thirst.

Update is great, Except for the Hyper Infected - they need to go back to how they were. IMO.

Of course... and pleeeease turn down the speed and the crazyness how they run.

Am I the only one who enjoys the added challenge of the new zombie aggro radius? I love it. They were on Quaaludes before this update now they seem to actually be able to spot you from a reasonable distance.

You can't crouch-run past them while you're 10 feet away anymore. It's not as easy anymore, so I can see why that pissed some people off.

Removal of ghillie suits was a great improvement, considering they are 95% invisible on a hillside, or in any scrub.

Bullets aren't being tracked properly, Can log out and refresh all mags/clips on login,

Zombies are rad now. :)

Good:

- new Aggro system at NIGHT

- performance (fuck yeahhh so great)

- animals move now

Bad:

- new Aggro system at DAY

- Ghillie/Camo bug (buts a Bug so no real feature of the patch)

- some people lost all her stuff

- i have never found a beartrap so far ...(but maybe I am just not lucky)

I've only been playing a couple of days, and was only just getting used to the Z's, managed to get a main and side arm, food and drink

Now the difficulty seems to have infinitely increased to me. Which is a shame because I really enjoy it. But find the whole thing faaaar too frustrating now. :/

Good:

- new Aggro system at NIGHT

- performance (fuck yeahhh so great)

- animals move now

Bad:

- new Aggro system at DAY

- Ghillie/Camo bug (buts a Bug so no real feature of the patch)

- some people lost all her stuff

- i have never found a beartrap so far ...(but maybe I am just not lucky)

Same points for me, but one more bug:

if i take any weapon from the ground and put it directly in my bag (alicepack and others), the weapon disappear!

Ok this is enough! Just played and yes where normal people can't run up a slope zombies can and what more even where there is just a slight slope you can't even run! Several places even on a flat field I could not run. How the hell should I be able to survive a zombie attack when its like this? This wasn't a problem in the former patch! If you don't fix this asap people will stop playing, well I will cause its no way for me to survive if I aggro and you aggro a lot! Sorry but I'm pissed now!

Edited by Secutor

From the little time I've been able to play .2 everything seems pretty cool except the eagle eyed aggro of zombies. While I do understand that a moving object is easy to see, we must keep in mind that zombies do not or would not see as well as a normal human. Why? Because their eyes are rotting out of their head! The big question is, what can be done to make the game keep an element of fear of zombies while improving the end game gear?

These "zombies" aren't the reanimated corpses of George Romero, they are Danny Boyle style infected. Infected with some kind of pathogen that makes them lose higher brain function and become bestial and violent. It could affect their eyesight or their attentiveness but they are not rotting. Your point is valid though because it takes a lot of high functioning brain activity to tell friend from foe. They appear to have healthy human sight now but superhuman friend/foe apprehension. They should andvance and investigate players at a reasonable speed from longer distances and aggro from a non-probabilistic distance, say 60m?

Haven't seen any dogs yet....

Z's aggro radius seems to have increase massively!! I get sprinting Z's from over 100 metres away and they can somehow "see" me through buildings from previously mentioned distance! It's f****** ridiculous!

I know it's early days but for an update that was supposed to improve performance etc the vast majority of updated servers just don't work :( Constant loading and character creating screens. I did get through one time but ended up spawning as a bird in a field of birds....and from what I read it was supposed to be some sort of anti piracy thing? Well done. I bought my copy from Steam. If that anti piracy thing is true could that affect log in issues?

I appear to get "hit" doing random things. Vaulting over fences my screen whites out for a moment as if I've been hit. I've even broken a leg climbing over wire fencing!

Zombies seem to break my legs or KO me very easily, even at full blood.

hmm agrro range.... yesterday I played on different servers did not noticed that agro range was increesed. Well maybe thay see lil better - was at heli crash site and ZED did saw from 50cm - before thay did not see even from 1cm untill they actualy step on me. I fired from my 1911 pistol and killed him, shooting did not aggroed other ZEDs. So I can not confirm that aggro range is increased and Zeds can see/hear me in a huge distance

im sick of zeds warping already. to be attacked by 2 zeds when im sat on top of the air traffic control tower is ridiculous, they blocked the ladder so i couldnt even get down. if all an update means, is a day unable to play the game, then when it does work they totally wrecked it i say leave the dam thing as it is.