rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

All these new bugs are fun to see. I hope they get fixed soon, and it sucks for the people that got hit by them, but I'm glad I got to see them before they were patched out.

After update 1.7.2 i just seen ManBearPig. Was he added to the game?

It is comments like this, that keep us all going :)

Humour is the solution to all problems, IMHO.

We've isolated some fixes. There are several servers that work fine on the new update (minus the non-critical bugs), but the rest do not. We have a fix that involves new server files. These are being tested and will be distributed once we have confirmed.

• Like 1

Most of the issues being experienced are only appearing when under mass load (currently 25' date='000 concurrent users). We're working real hard to identify exactly what the issues are, and fix them.

[/quote']

You guys are doing fine. We just need to be patient.

After update 1.7.2 i just seen ManBearPig. Was he added to the game?

It is comments like this' date=' that keep us all going :)

Humour is the solution to all problems, IMHO.

We've isolated some fixes. There are several servers that work fine on the new update (minus the non-critical bugs), but the rest do not. We have a fix that involves new server files. These are being tested and will be distributed once we have confirmed.

[/quote']

Thanks rocket for the constant updates! Keep pluggin' away man!

Cheers!

ok what servers work?

Dude just be patient....I believe if the working servers are listed then EVERYONE will go there and then.......Just chill.

I think I'll put up my tent and camp in the debug plains until the fix comes out..

So far it's just me and the pigs. :)

I do regret to say though, the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

• Like 1

Apparently Vipeax confirmed the removal of the L85s in a stream session. Looking for confirmation but assume for now that it was intentional.

Who the f is Vipeax?

Someone who's too lazy to update a changelog accurately apparently. Like that would be of any use to anyone?!?!

I think rocket just likes slipping in ninja changes to see people rage.

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

[/quote']

Watch out for bear traps...

so the server keeps kicking everyone. the server is updated. were updated. we keep getting kicked. server 0/50 players. whats going on? heard there might be a problem with the new 1.7.2 update causing this? any idea what the dealio is?

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

[/quote']

Thanks and all, but please update twitter more often. <3

Gave it a miss tonight with all the carnage. IF the update works fine on a private server then there really is no reason for all these issues.

They are just files copied over from the mod to the server, the server holds the files so I really don't understand this at all. No one can play at the moment it seems.

I hope the L85 got removed, makes the game too easy. I'll use it til it is gone but the thermal removes a lot of the challenge in finding prey.. Gay people by using it or get gayed hiding in a bush and someone finds you with the thermal.

Yeaaa I think I'll stick with 1.7.1.5 for now. I'm a little hurt that the L85 has been removed (if it has been in fact), it was a fun gun to play with (and one of my many favorites) but I gave it up a week ago for some true snipers/rifles, seeing in color constantly really gets to me after awhile. But it's a great support weapon for over watching a group or giving support to a sniper, if your playing mid-field (which is where it shines). Guess I'll just have to throw the DMR or M14 back over my shoulder :P

I do fully and overly support rockets decision in going after hackers with a nuke, if it means losing gear and such in the process by all means. Stop acting like you guys are going to hold that gear for three months anyway, it's just a sneaky bandit bullet away from losing it all. I also apologise to all those hardcore elitiests who "never die", sorry guys luv ya all <3

Over the past two to three weeks, my group has been hit multiple times by hackers. It's just plain annoying and just about game breaking. I did just get reports that my groups stash of tents has all been wiped, a bit disheartning considering we spent the better part of a week gathering a ginormous cache of weapons/ammo/supplies, but we've rose from the ashes before and nothing has changed yet (other than us not having a cache now).

Keep knocking those hackers down dev team!

[/quote']

Other than losing my Ghillie suit and spawning in the Plains, I've been getting pretty good performance. I haven't seen any zeds yet, but I'm about halfway through the forest so I should be back in the map in another 10-15..

You've been awesome about keeping us up to date and I'm sure you'll have things back on track soon enough.

Don't worry about us.. we'll amuse outselves here while we wait. ;)