rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

You are not a customer' date=' you are a volunteer tester.

[/quote']

I'm afraid you aren't clear on what an analogy is. Just as DRM is analogous to anti-cheat, in this example, customers are analogous to players (or testers, if you want to call them that).

DRM that hurts paying customers is bad, just as anti-cheat that hurts legit players is bad.

it's all about the greater good. I can drive fine while drunk. it's the other guys I worry about ;)

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

I hear what you're saying' date=' but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

It's a bit shit, but the only way for the experiment to continue is with mistakes. I have to keep being bold. There is a reason the game everyone always thought of was never made, and this is it. Because nobody could deal with the fallout from the insufferable process of trial and error associated with pushing the boundaries to make it happen.

[/quote']

Cool Rocket. As I hope you can tell, most of us here have got your back...

Don't be fazed by the whiners. There's thousands of people out there who love the game you're building, myself included, and if we get hit on the head by a falling Alpha brick occassionally, then c'est la vie!!!

To the whiners... I do believe that there are other games out there. If you don't want to suffer the ups and downs of testing, then you might want to go pay for a retail game and if/when you have issues, write a stern letter to the manufacturer demanding a full refund. May i suggest one of the "My Little Pony" series of fine games. My daughter particularly favors those....

A buddy and I found a ghillie and a L85A2 RIS AWS last night. At least we had the joy of using them for 30 minutes or so. Easy come, easy go..

Lighten up!!!

im still very curious aboutt he L85 tho any more updates on this? is it gone?

man... what part of "no one cares about your missing equipment" do you not understand? rocket has said a few times those issues are on the bottom of his list

Quick question:

Can zombies run in buildings now? I'f seen it somewhere but im not exact sure.

Yes confirmed, I believe they can even run upon hills where regular people can't :rolleyes:

I'm still curious as well. Will those who lost it get it back if it is still part of the game or is there any word on a database roll-back' date=' [b']rocket?

Quick question:

Yes, I haven't witnessed it myself, but I've seen people complaining that it isn't fair, so it must be true! ;)

The people who "lost" their L85's... can you still see the name of it in the upper right hand corner? I can see the name, but I'm holding my pistol which I can't shoot.

What is wrong with this? i can't get into any game what so ever and it pissies me off because i just bought ArmA II a day ago to play Dayz, it worked like a charm but now it doesn't after this update.

One word: Alpha

al·pha [al-fuh]

noun

1. the first letter of the greek alphabet (A, α).

2. the vowel sound represented by this letter.

3. the first; beginning.

Alpha

See also: Alpha release

Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features. These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback. Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped. Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions. Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Just in case everyone forgot what stage of a MOD (Not even a full production game) we're playing, with pretty much no profit margin as of now. Haters gon' hate.

man... what part of "no one cares about your missing equipment" do you not understand? rocket has said a few times those issues are on the bottom of his list

lol you missunderstood. i lost fckin 3x 107m the last 5 days.. i dont care of loosing Equipment:p im wondering if the L85 is gone from the game. as in Removed as a item.

We're now working on the issue, there will be a SERVER SIDE rollback to a contingency file (a new version of an old version) that will fix the loading issues, and deal to most of the issue associated with invisible characters etc...

• Like 1

Quick question:

Yes' date=' I haven't witnessed it myself, but I've seen people complaining that it isn't fair, so it must be true! ;)

[/quote']

Ahh shit, It was like the only way to good murder zombies, Because normally they kinda lagging :(

Fix 2 issues and create 10 more bugs so what happens when he fixes more issues ? 10x more bugs... Fix all current bugs for all current content before adding/majorly changing anything... Any dev should know this

Anyway its nice to see you trying to sort out all the problems that have come up after the update. Keep it up!

Quick question:

Yes confirmed' date=' I believe they can even run upon hills where regular people can't :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Is this true or what ? Anyone actually got in a game to see this happen ?

Fix 2 issues and create 10 more bugs so what happens when he fixes more issues ? 10x more bugs... Fix all current bugs for all current content before adding/majorly changing anything... Any dev should know this

Anyway its nice to see you trying to sort out all the problems that have come up after the update. Keep it up!

Arrogance and ignorance combined. Make it yourself if your the expert....

I can see every player on my map -_-

Are you playing on a 'Recruit' server ?!

Nope, regular. Chicago 61

We're now working on the issue' date=' there will be a SERVER SIDE rollback to a contingency file (a new version of an old version) that will fix the loading issues, and deal to most of the issue associated with invisible characters etc...

[/quote']

Does this mean the absence of the L85 was a bug? Or have you decided to patch it out?

Sounds as if I may be one of the lucky ones. Updated to Beta 94444 & DayZ 1.7.2

Server 1; Wrong version

Server 2; Stuck at loading. Restart CO via Steam

Server 3; Logged on ok. Server incorrectly claimed 3DP on. Disconnected.

Server 4; Logged on ok. Played for 1.5 hrs approx. No weapons/inventory items lost. Raided a couple of deer stands, industrial building and a barn (hoping for a bear trap... just to try it out!)

Was able to crouch walk around zombies not looking in my direction.

Aggroed one hopper from approx. 50m at first deer stand near other buildings despite using a smoke grenade as a distraction (about a doz. + zeds in vicinity). Lost him by running and losing LOS. But was chased up hill by another couple of aggroed Zeds. Almost lost LOS with them and had to resort to my M4A1 CCO. Noticed last 2 zeds weren't crazy zigzagging everywhere and was able to drop both successfully.

Isolated industrial building. 2 Zeds. Took out both from within building. No problem.

Second isolated deer stand (usual 3 zeds)... stealth all the way. No problem.

Entered barn and looted without difficulty. Crouch walked on exit to cross a road and again aggroed a single hopper (LOS again) from about 50m on the way back to the treeline. Was able to lose hopper LOS amongst the trees without difficulty. Carried on my merry way.

Conclusion; the infected didn't seem any more difficult to avoid provided you remain patient and relatively stealthy. All my aggro this evening was by being accidently caught in LOS from approx. 50m. Infected behaviour when aggroed felt much more authentic and natural.

Looking good to me so far. YMMV

Thanks Rocket & Team.

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

I hear what you're saying' date=' but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

It's a bit shit, but the only way for the experiment to continue is with mistakes. I have to keep being bold. There is a reason the game everyone always thought of was never made, and this is it. Because nobody could deal with the fallout from the insufferable process of trial and error associated with pushing the boundaries to make it happen.

[/quote']

This. This is the single reason in spite of all the flak, i still play this game. Dare to dream, and dream big. Props to you rocket for doing what no one else will.

Arrogance and ignorance combined. Make it yourself if your the expert....

Thats the way i roll :'D

Plus im not saying i can develop a mod like this im just simply saying the way he is going about the updates is not a way i or MANY other devs would do it.