Sign in to follow this  
Bridude

Anything being done to combat the cheater?

Since I pretty much encounter hackers/cheaters on a nightly basis now, it's obvious battleye is just not up to par. It would be nice to hear an official word if there's some kind of an anti cheat or major battleye update in the near future. The spawning in of tanks,attack helis, weapons, and teleporting to death (just to name a few) has been going on for a while with no solution. This forum is overwhelmed with incidents that seemingly just get overlooked and push down into the abyss.

Anyways, the concept and game play is great even with the bugs but the cheating is very discouraging. I can live with getting killed by players, aggro ed zombies, or even falling through the stairs at devils castle but getting teleported and dropped 1000m or getting a missile up my ass from an attack helicopter is getting pretty old.

Pain for the admins as well.

The more strings we put in the search, the larger the logs become. Not fun going through 480MB text files looking for clues!

Maybe even some sort of log analyzer would help? Having the "who killed who" (I know rocket wants the anonymity) message enabled would have immediately identified the guy who spawned the attack helicopter after his first kill. He could have been kicked/banned before killing half the people on the server. Our admin couldn't figure out who it was and the only thing he could do is restart. This game really is a hackers paradise right now.

People are getting banned, but keys are cheap and arma2 is easy to hack. Not only that but Day Z is a magnet for griefers. I think it's always going to be an issue. Hopefully arma3 / day z retail won't have the same problems.

They are trying. But what do you do when your source is weak? Arma 2 wasn't made with the proper means of preventing hacking. They left the multilayer protection in the hands of Battleye. Which was decent, back then. All Dayz devs can do is make the mod better and make identifying the cheaters easier and or more punishable.

But like you said, its will most likely destined to be an endless pit of reports.

Its Arma 2. Theres not much the devs can do about it aside from banning, but when you don't have good automatic detection or cheat prevention (which is the fault of Arma 2, not the Day Z devs) its pretty hard to ban especially when most cheat reports contain absolutely 0 actual proof.

You seem to think Arma3 will be different.

It is based off Arma2, it is more or less the same engine.

People are getting banned' date=' but keys are cheap and arma2 is easy to hack. Not only that but Day Z is a magnet for griefers. I think it's always going to be an issue. Hopefully arma3 / day z retail won't have the same problems.

[/quote']

I'm not going to tell you guys how but this game is really easy to script and hack i know a script that can force other people to run a script and get banned it can work for everyone in a server so ya i think global bans are retarded. Btw all scripts are detected but that doesn't mean they don't work or stop swarms of new people from trying everyday.

It is based off Arma2' date=' it is more or less the same engine.

People are getting banned, but keys are cheap and arma2 is easy to hack. Not only that but Day Z is a magnet for griefers. I think it's always going to be an issue. Hopefully arma3 / day z retail won't have the same problems.

He didn't seem to think, he hoped.

We all know how easy it is. Thus you get little respect in the hacking community for doing it.

It is deemed as extremely kiddie.

Anyways with proper anti-cheat solution you wouldn't be able to run shit but this company has no money so don't expect something great any time soon if ever.

Everyone can cry when the mod is closed and cheaters have no where to play. You will all be sorry then, just couldn't let a good thing happen.

Always easier to destroy rather than create.

I'm a sad panda now :(

I'm not going to tell you guys how but this game is really easy to script and hack i know a script that can force other people to run a script and get banned it can work for everyone in a server so ya i think global bans are retarded. Btw all scripts are detected but that doesn't mean they don't work or stop swarms of new people from trying everyday.

• Like 1

We all know how easy it is. Thus you get little respect in the hacking community for doing it.

Anyways with proper anti-cheat solution you wouldn't be able to run shit but this company has no money so don't expect something great any time soon if ever.

Everyone can cry when the mod is closed and cheaters have no where to play. You will all be sorry then' date=' just couldn't let a good thing happen.

My point wasn't how easy it is but how terrible battle eye is that you can make other people run script and get them banned.

Yes I fully agree it is worse than punkbuster.

They need to step their game up or they need to hire those Russian hackers for 6 figures a year.

Either or.

Everyone can cry when the mod is closed and cheaters have no where to play. You will all be sorry then' date=' just couldn't let a good thing happen.

My point wasn't how easy it is but how terrible battle eye is that you can make other people run script and get them banned.

You know this might be all avoidable is they have some servers without battle eye made just for people who want to run script and screw around.

They are trying. But what do you do when your source is weak? Arma 2 wasn't made with the proper means of preventing hacking. They left the multilayer protection in the hands of Battleye. Which was decent' date=' back then. All Dayz devs can do is make the mod better and make identifying the cheaters easier and or more punishable.

But like you said, its will most likely destined to be an endless pit of reports.

[/quote']

Yeah I wasn't faulting the DayZ team really. There must be some reason there's been no action taken regarding these cheats. I'm not smart enough to know why. I'd just like to know if there's a light at the end of the tunnel or not. If something isn't done soon, there's really no point in supporting DayZ.

They are trying. But what do you do when your source is weak? Arma 2 wasn't made with the proper means of preventing hacking. They left the multilayer protection in the hands of Battleye. Which was decent' date=' back then. All Dayz devs can do is make the mod better and make identifying the cheaters easier and or more punishable.

[/quote']

Yeah I wasn't faulting the DayZ team really. There must be some reason there's been no action taken regarding these cheats. I'm not smart enough to know why. I'd just like to know if there's a light at the end of the tunnel or not. If something isn't done soon, there's really no point in supporting DayZ.

It wont happen the game would have to be re-programmed , scripting removed and actual server side checks would need to be performed.

Pain for the admins as well.

The more strings we put in the search' date=' the larger the logs become. Not fun going through 480MB text files looking for clues!

[/quote']

I go through 1.4 gig files. Log onto server FTP and use google chromes CTRL+F and search for the things you're expecting. You can use the search features in NP++ too.

Hey guy' date=' why don't you learn to read before putting words into people's mouths. Thanks.

You know this might be all avoidable is they have some servers without battle eye made just for people who want to run script and screw around.

These already exist.