Sign in to follow this  
jenson

This video sums up why the zombies in Dayz are NOT fun in their current state.

This video shows exactly why the zombies in this game are not fun and instead extremely annoying, glitchy, etc.

Make the following changes:

1. Lower the amount of damage zombies do by 10%.

2. Make zombies run 5% slower than players and eventually get tired and break aggro.

3. Stop zombies from zig zagging, this is annoying. Even animals in the animal world don't zig zag towards you, their instinct forces them to take the shortest distance to get to you and eat your face. Zombies follow basic instinctual brain functions like animals.

4. Players should only break bones from falling, not zombie melee damage.

5. Make it so zombies can't teleport through walls, this way when you close a door you're safe until they break it down or something.

6. Fix the zombie animations, they are glitched and messed up.

7. Make the hit detection box on zombies BIGGER.

Yes, the zombies are in a very messy state at the moment. Everyone knows this, ESPECIALLY Rocket, who is working on it.

HA. HAHA. OH BOY.

Here we go again.

Wow... thanks for bringing this up. Never thought about it and it never ever was brought up before ... oh... and thanks for luring people into watching a yogscast video...

This video shows exactly why the zombies in this game are not fun and instead extremely annoying' date=' glitchy, etc.

2. Make zombies run 5% slower than players and eventually get tired and break aggro.

3. Stop zombies from zig zagging, this is annoying. Even animals in the animal world don't zig zag towards you, their instinct forces them to take the shortest distance to get to you and eat your face. Zombies follow basic instinctual brain functions like animals.

5. Make it so zombies can't teleport through walls, this way when you close a door you're safe until they break it down or something.

[/quote']

#2 should never happen. Zombies would never stop, and never get tired. And closing doors to "save" you. That is just ridiculous...

But the game is to easy as is. Just avoid them and you wont be having problems with it. I am not saying that they should not be fixed, but if anything they need to be made harder.

Make zombies run 5% slower than players and eventually get tired and break aggro.

Uhh, what?

So zombies would never, ever be a threat to anyone ever again?

How the fuck?

I mean, what?

"Oh, no! Zombies everyhwere! I better... go in the other direction."

Wow. Exciting stuff. I'm literally on the edge of my seat.

This video shows exactly why the zombies in this game are not fun and instead extremely annoying' date=' glitchy, etc.

[/quote']

1. Nope, I think its good just like that, If a zombie bites you you have the risk to get infected, in-game this doesnt happens. Dont cry.

2. Maybe make Players eventually tired, not zombies. They will run more time than you, because of the extreme hungry.

3. Yeah...Me agrees.

4. Yeah, will be fixed in 1.7.2. Check changelog.

5. Is the arma 2 engine :/ i dont think it can be solved easily

6. I like the others animations before 1.7.1.4 i think, cant remember.

7. Simply... nope

The fast running is essential since its there to fight the zig zag caused by pathfinding issues.

shut up you stupid cunts. he has valid points. you think its ok for zombies to warp through closed doors? seriously grow the hell up.

if anything players should have a stamina bar that lasts as long as 5 seconds of continuous running, as of now everyone's just running away for 30 min avoiding the zombies, while in reality they should have been eaten by them 7 times by that time.

shut up you stupid cunts. he has valid points. you think its ok for zombies to warp through closed doors? seriously grow the hell up.

Nobody in this thread has disagreed with that point, but don't let that stop your emotional diarrhea.

Butthurt much?

I actually just made my comment on the grounds that the video was the YogsCast video which I would hazard to be the worst display of how to play DayZ I've ever seen.

lol fail troll.

Yeah i like how in the movie the two guys are actually laughing and having a really good time.

Your post says its not FUN but clearly they are having fun lol.

Fail more

And yes the zombies are glitchy, this is an Alpha after all. Now if this was a fully released game and the zombies were like this I would be asking questions. But I do imagine hes going to try and fix them coming through walls. If you actually think rocket doesn't notice this and isn't trying to fix it your as dumb as your post.

DayZ is STILL A ALPHA < BETA < RELEASE ...

and btw: zombie are too weak in dayz, i killd 110 zombies in 20 min, at the NW airfield! i started with 11000 blood and finished with 9900 or so. you can kite them so easy and kill when thay stand but i know it will be fixed in the future.

I vote for zombies riding on cows and shooting laser from eyes.

oh and the cows can plant mines, when you step on it you slip away and breaks a leg. it's realistic, or not?!

1. Hell no, i personally would like to see their damage doubled, at the current state they are just a nuisance.

2. As Rocket has stated, they are not Zombies in the Romero-style (Not in these words though), so i think they are just fine.

Other than those points, it just alpha atm.

This is new and exciting!

No but really, old news, being fixed as we speak, it takes time. Learn some patience and enjoy what you can out of the game, or don't play. Your choice.

people need to get over zombie zig-zagging; they should never neatly line up for one-click headshots like most other games

Ill take zombies being slower and able to be lost, if you also remove them turning into useless pussies the instant they step foot in a house.