break

Killed by friendly fire?

Hi guys. I have a question for you all.

I killed 2 bandits north of Elektro today and on the kill feed it came up saying that I killed them as friendly fire?!

I've seen this before and heard rumors it was idiots doing it in the de-bug area before you spawn in.

You can see on the video that I wasn't in the de-bug area. I'd been in-game for about 30 minutes, and the initial sniper that I shot was certainly in-game as he shot the dude I was looking at in the fire station.

The other dude just spawned in, (I'm guessing it was his mate), so I shot him thinking he was gonna come looking for me.

There was also another random guy who ran around just after the shots were made but luckily he didn't see me......close one all round.

Just wondered what this friendly fire thing is? Notice I didn't get a murder or bandit kill either.... Strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKvwWn-PHas&feature=youtu.be

Oh don't be afraid to check my channel out either for some BF3 footage.

(Yes I came from BF bring on the onslaught). :)

Cheers guys.

No one experienced this?

• Like 1

I thinks it indicates that they are script kiddies aka "hackers". That's my suggestion, though.

Saw this on the video where players killed a "hacker".

Also saw this kind of messages in-game, and admins soon restarted the server "due to hackers spawning stuff".

I was sniping the snipers in cherno earlier. I saw a guy pop onto the roof of the factory right in my sights. I guess he had just logged in there like a retard. When I popped him with my AS50 it said he was killed by friendly fire.

I guess he hadn't fully finished loading yet when I killed him. I know when folks get killed in "debug forrest" the "friendly fire" killed text pops as well.

So I guess it has somethig to do with with that.

I saw on one server a guy killed himself with friendly fire( *player* was killed by friendly fire from *player*). Grenade maybe?

Edited by DeadManDan

It depends on the server you are. Some servers say who killed who some dont...

Similar thing happened to me, and as other people said I would assume it has to do with them being hackers (considering that in my case I'm about 70% positive the guy was in the middle of spawning items when I killed him).

Guys some servers have the friendly fire enabled and some don't. Some of the people you killed may have been hackers, but that would be irrelevant to the friendly fire message

forget the friendly fire thing,why i can't hear flies ? :P

Yeah, but the dude who I shot had been in for a good 30 seconds. He had time to scout out the fire station and line up his shot, and shoot twice. Then I took my sweet time shooting him, could understand about the second guy as he literally hit the floor, normally I wouldn't shoot someone but I figured his mate would have told him to go after me.

Also the dude running about at 3:37 he was lucky I had the 107 in my hand. If the Fal was out he was a gonner. Shit myself!

forget the friendly fire thing,why i can't hear flies ? :P

Exactly, no flies, and I get no kills. The friendly fire thing isn't server specific, Its not supposed to be in the game.

I heard it has something to do with you being INVISIBLE in the game. When i killed someone with friendly fire I was immediately kicked from the server.

I think what it is, is that when your being shot at...you'll most likely die from blood loss and not the impact of the bullet itself. This was created by the developers, so the effect of a ____ was killed is a just a result of that. When you join the server, you are put into a lobby list and if you notice on the top left you are on BLUFOR team. We are basically all "friendlies" and when we die from "friendly fire" it is simply a person dying not from blood loss, but having bullets riddled into their body to an extreme. When you're shot in-game, your blood descends at a rapid pace even a second after it occurs.

Hope that clears it up :)

TLDR : Its a message that pops up when someone doesn't die from blood loss

I've seen it twice, both times the person who was killed came respawned with same gear as before he died

Yeah this has happened to me, the guy who spawned in was the first guy that you killed. Not sure if its a glitch or a hack, but when you kill them they respawn nearby with the same gear they had on.

Killed a guy, looted him, he respawned, I killed him again and looted, then the third time I saw him spawn I just ran away. Look for a fix soon. Until then just be careful looting.

Yeah, It happened to a mate. He killed him, and went to loot his corpse and the dude repsawned behind him and shot him. Wondered if its some kinda hack to give you unlimited lives maybe?!

I played and killed on servers where killing has not provoked the Friendly fire message, but still have I seen it occur in the chat.

So it's not every kill on a server that has it enabled that's registered as a friendly fire kill.

I played and killed on servers where killing has not provoked the Friendly fire message, but still have I seen it occur in the chat.

So it's not every kill on a server that has it enabled that's registered as a friendly fire kill.

Yeah you can see that other people are still dying "normally" without the friendly fire message. I'm sure its hackers because they normally respawn back in, at the same spot with all their loot after being killed by friendly fire.

I killed a guy on top of the Zug castle last night. Came up the steps and there he was. Shot him and got that I friendly fire killed him. Did not get his murder or bandit kill added to me. Very Strange. Here is screen:

Would be nice to know something conclusive on this. As a server admin, I have seen this message a few times. I don't know if the killer was a hacker, the killed, or this was an exploit killing in debug forest. Any official word?

Didn't check your video but when you see "friendly fire" it seems that it can be either:

1. A spawn kill (i.e. somebody shooting somebody who just spawned).

2. A hacker getting killed (in which case they're likely to respawn at the same location with the same gear shortly thereafter).

3. A debug forest kill.

Anybody know of any other causes?

Guys some servers have the friendly fire enabled and some don't. Some of the people you killed may have been hackers, but that would be irrelevant to the friendly fire message

No such server-side configuration.

I'm also pretty sure it doesn't guaranteedly mean the killed player was a hacker, I've seen this message happen with me as the victim from a heli before. Curious, I always associated the killer to be a hacker, not the other way around.

Can anyone confirm some kind of version mismatch as was implied by invisibility? That'd be my best guess.

Edited by VLG Castiel

We all join the same side in the lobby, so whenever we're killing another player we're either killing a fellow bluefor or a bluefor, who has killed enough players to be associate with opfor. This could be a bandit killing a bandit or a friendly killing a friendly, maybe it's just a common script error.