mikkelbooiiy

Post your best and/or worst experiences

I would love to hear some of your experiences with the game. I've had it for a couple of days now, but I know I've only scratched the surface. There's so many different situations, problems, wins, fails, shocking moments and so on.

Post yours!

Take care out there.

Karma is the name of the game.

Here's one that happened a couple nights ago.

I was moving into loot the SE barracks at the NW airfield during a moon-lit night.

As I'm about to enter, I see a Z at the door; I figure I'll shoot it and hold up in the barracks to pick off any others I aggro. Little did I know there were about 3 or 4 other Zs hidden in the barracks, so when I run in I get hit and start bleeding out. Then about 20 other Zs from around the barracks start coming in.

I was using a Winchester at the time so the ROF was too low to keep up with killing them all before they got to me, plus all the barracks doors were open so it was hard to shoot. Some Zs get to me whilst I'm reloading, knock me out and break my legs, down to about 5k blood by this point.

I regain consciousness, kill the Zs around me and start shuffling into the last room. As I do so I here a grenade explosion at the entrance of the barracks taking out several Zs and a sinisterly camp voice comes over the audio chat and says "how's it going stranger?". It also sounded like some Zs outside the barracks were getting chopped down with a hatchet. I wasn't sure if someone had come along with the intention of helping or killing me. I quickly bandage, morphine and painkiller up and text chat back "I'm not doing so well, u?". I get no response and never found out who this mysterious stranger was.

I'm about the head out of the barracks with c. 3-4k blood (vision all blury, heart racing - in game and real life) when I spy a monkey Z blocking my way out. He's not aggro'd so must have lost me when I went in the back room. Looking around, it seems as if some more loot has spawned in the barracks, which probably meant more Zs - I was right. As I shot the monkey Z to clear my path, I suddenly hear the sound of dozens of pissed off Zs racing towards to the barracks.

I was evidently standing too close to the window of the barracks and a Z hit me from outside. I start to bleed again but quickly bandage, c. 2.5k blood. I start mowing down the Zs as they enter, this time using my 1911 for it's better ROF - I do much better this time.

Then it all goes quiet. No more Zs about. Here's my chance, I leave the barracks, head for forest cover and get out.

Now I'm left wondering what to do. I know I need blood, and remembered that Vybor just outside the airfield had a general store, so I head my way over there.

I'm looting away, grabbing what little food I could when a survivor walks in, pointing his gun at me. I'm laying prone, facing slightly away from this guy; If he decides to shoot, I'm dead. I decide not to point my gun at the guy and quickly text chat "I'm friendly". He doesn't shoot. I ask him if he has any blood but he ignores me and starts checking out my backpack for loot. There was nothing good so he walks off.

I only managed to get enough food to get my health up to about 4-5k blood. My vision was still bad. I then remembered that someone once told me that animals spawned around the NW airfield. I also remembered a DevilDogGamer video where a boar had spawned by his favourite NW airfield overwatch spot. So I head that way and, lo and behold, a boar is in that spot exactly where it was in DevilDog's video. I grab and eat the meat. My vision is a little better now, good enough at least to spot a sheep and a cow in the field next to the wooded area with the boar. Again I grab all the meat, and get back to 12k health.

All in all I killed about 50+ Zs in this expedition. I didn't get any good loot though :-p

Now I make sure I always carry a tonne of meat and medical supplies just in case anything like this happens again. I also think I'll be staying away from the NW airfield for a while.

I volunteered to overwatch with a DMR while two friends raided the Barracks. We enter, having found somebody's truck on the way, We hid it a click out and carried on. We prone out onto the airfield, and I take up a position in my ghillie near some bushes. Everything looks clear, so we proceed.

The guys get in, and find little. The place might have been raided recently, but we're not sure. Since the server had been moderately hot that day, We decide to skip the towers and hangars and make our way to the south barracks, low and slow.

We get just outside the trees on the runway, and the server restarts. We come back in when the server comes back up, I spawn in first. There's only 6 other people in the server, and I continue my approach while my team spawns. I watch for a few more seconds, and nobody else spawns in. The airfield has been quiet for 30 minutes, and I decide to rush in and check the barracks so we can get out quick. I do so, my buddies spawn in, and continue their approach. As I exit the barracks, I hear shots, and my friend goes down. My other friend loses sight of the shooter, and I can't get an angle due to trees. I ended up bugging out on my own while my surviving buddy exited the opposite side of the airfield.

I volunteered for overwatch and went awol. The guilt is eating me alive...

I volunteered to overwatch with a DMR while two friends raided the Barracks. We enter' date=' having found somebody's truck on the way, We hid it a click out and carried on. We prone out onto the airfield, and I take up a position in my ghillie near some bushes. Everything looks clear, so we proceed.

The guys get in, and find little. The place might have been raided recently, but we're not sure. Since the server had been moderately hot that day, We decide to skip the towers and hangars and make our way to the south barracks, low and slow.

We get just outside the trees on the runway, and the server restarts. We come back in when the server comes back up, I spawn in first. There's only 6 other people in the server, and I continue my approach while my team spawns. I watch for a few more seconds, and nobody else spawns in. The airfield has been quiet for 30 minutes, and I decide to rush in and check the barracks so we can get out quick. I do so, my buddies spawn in, and continue their approach. As I exit the barracks, I hear shots, and my friend goes down. My other friend loses sight of the shooter, and I can't get an angle due to trees. I ended up bugging out on my own while my surviving buddy exited the opposite side of the airfield.

[/quote']

I notice you list discipline in your list of skills....

My first adventure out North...

After carefully scavenging the cities of Cherno and Elektro for a few hours, I had an M16A2 w/ 3 STANAG mags, Revolver w/ plenty of clips, medical supplies, food, water canteen and all the hunting + cooking equipment (hunting knife, hatchet, box of matches). I mean... I had everything I needed to survive, I was SO ready to go!

A couple hours pass by in my journey up North, and I discover the "it's quiet... too quiet" town of Stary Sober. I slowly inch my way into the military tents, checking for more ammo maybe? I really don't know why I felt so determined to check these tents. I crawled into what seemed to be the last one, looking for 'whatever', and all of the sudden my headphones are lit up with gunfire as I fall over... dead. Killed by a rifleman on the hillside just North of the tents. My journey ends in a rain of gunfire.

Time to have another go.

I volunteered to overwatch with a DMR while two friends raided the Barracks. We enter' date=' having found somebody's truck on the way, We hid it a click out and carried on. We prone out onto the airfield, and I take up a position in my ghillie near some bushes. Everything looks clear, so we proceed.

[/quote']

I notice you list discipline in your list of skills....

Everyone can make mistakes. I still consider myself more disciplined than most who play this game.

Hmm.... Well, Yesterday, A few pals and I decided to take our V3S Up to Berezino/NEAF to look for a vehicle.... Well, we here we are in Krasnostav and I'm driving the Truck down the road. I barely touch the side of the truck to a light post on the side of the road, and the game decides to say "Fuck you!" and Makes the truck Slide Upward, yes, Upward the lightpost and then glitch out and land on the ground on it's side. So here we are in the most north-eastern part of the map, with our Camp, where our other vehicle is located, about 8-9km away. So We decided to split up into groups, one of the guys decided to trek it back to our camp, grab our other vehicle, and try and push the tipped truck back up rightside. Meanwhile, me and another bud decided to hit up the NEAF and Black Lake looking for a vehicle we could use. Not much luck except for finding a tractor, which was heavily damaged. Our Buds got the great Idea to use the damaged tractor to flip the truck back over, Not the greatest idea. One of our guys gave the truck two good slams, and the tractor killed our bud in the tractor.

So in the end, we waited for out other bud to get the vehicle from out camp up to where we were and try and flip the truck back over with that. Well, He got pretty far. He pushed the truck up against a roadblock and tried to flip it over on that. Well, after about 10-15 minutes of pushed, he got the truck glitched into the roadblock, and gave it one more push. The game decided to say "Fuck you!" again and as he pushed the truck into the roadblock, the truck went Flying, yes, FLYING into the air, landed back down, and lifted off again. We never saw that truck again. It was disappointing for us, but amusing at the same time. Later, I had the great Idea of Shooting a Zombie with my M107 in the middle of Krasnostav, and aggro'd about 10-ish zombies, got my blood down to about 5k, legs broken, in shock, and knocked out. Fun Stuff ^_^ Luckily, my buds got me patched up.

Since that whole Idea went bust, our group decided to hike it to Elecktro and look for vehicles/Ammo there. We ran into, or at least we thought we ran into a group we met the night before who had a running bus, so we were planning on hi-jacking the bus and taking it back to our Camp. However, our recon in the city and snipers outside the city lost sight of them, last heading east on the Main road, most likely heading to Berezino. After these events, we decided to do a Cherno Run, seeing as how the server reset earlier today, and we lost all of our shit in the Tent (Even my AS50 >.<).

It was fun stuff. We are still looking for a vehicle >.>

My experience happened not 2 hours ago.

I was headed from my camp near Stary Sobor to the coast to pick up one of my friends (newly spawned).

i was waiting for him around the elektro power station behind some bushes on the southern hill. As i'm laying there waiting i hear on direct com's a ton of people yelling friendly on your six, then a group of what looked like (from behind the bush) almost 5-7 survivors nearly all of them unarmed run past the bush following a survivor with what looked to be an AK.

He was in my sights not 25m away, i could have ended him but i decided to be decent, him not having anything i wanted. As i back up the hill trying to distance myself from them i hear his AK go off, my bones break and the "you are dead!" screen comes up.

Seeing as i had nothing to lose and i spawned at Otmel (probably only 1km East of Elektro) i run right back to my corpse. To my delight i find my crappy AK Kobra and trusty revolver are still there but the bastard took ALL of my ammo. I later discovered he had taken my hatchet, matches, GPS, map and other items i actually needed.

By this time operation rescue my friend from the coast had been abandoned so i proceeded to hoof it all the way back to Stary Sobor, it later turned out to be a bad idea to try it with no map compass or gps to help and after about an hour or so of blundering through forestland i find myself west of Stary.

Then in a field i spot what appears to be a rock but looks much too like a crashed helicopter, when i get to it... it was! i found myself my first AS50 rifle along with what i think was an mk-mod-o and also another m14AIM.

brandishing the mk and with the AS50 in my ALICE i ran back to my camp to find most of my weapons and items to be completely cleaned out.

I have yet to fully evaluate what i have lost and set up a new camp (i died so they will be disapppearing shortly) so far the losses consist of my buddie's mp5sd and it's mags, my m24 rifle but not it's mags, a few more crash site weapons too (FAL's, Bisons) and pretty much all the stuff i've accumulated over the past 2 weeks.

Basically, really bad experience: dying and realising my tents will despawn soon

good experience: found two really good and rare weapons

really bad experience: having my camp cleaned out

Thanks for your storys, a good read compared to the most other threads here.

Had a bunch of good stuff and been alive for a few days. Go to this cement building in churn, the one with the fire barrel. I have a hand gun....(a .45) and see this guy drag zombies. He is lagging.... all of a sudden my screen greys out and im almost dead and I see someone in the doorway.... I hit him with my 45...... He dies.... I die.... I cry. I had all the stuff needed to survive and was just trying to find a rifle before going back into the woods.

My worst experiences.

Loosing 3 well geared characters to BUGS!

I don't mind it so much when zeds kill me or when I get gunned down because hey.... thats the game. I kill zeds and have gunned down other players. But to log in and find myself in the middle of nowhere with all of my stuff just gone really, REALLY pisses me off. Or to get killed because I got knocked out by a zed that hit me from behind THROUGH A SOLID WALL.... again pisses me off.

Best experience: Im playing in a group of 4 people! we wanted some action since we got highend gear, but our server was really empty(7people playing), so we decided to change server. Said and done, on the other server we made our way to NW airfield, hoping to see some players. We didnt saw anyone, but on our way we found 15- 20 tents( found max 3 on our mainserver in about 2 month). Loot: 2 M107, 2 NVGs, 1 Ghilliesuite, 1 coyote Backpack, 2 Rangefinder, 2 Bizons( left them, cause we already have 5 of them), and a GPS! We found really awsome loot in about 1 hour without even shooting one time or seeing Player or Z!

worst experience: Was alone looting in elektro, got alice pack, aks-Kobra, M1911, and some supplies! I was going to north firestation, entered it, walked to toplevel and then it startet!

I bugged down the stairs, breaking my leg, blood 7300(before i had 12000), bandaged myself, used morphine and painkillers. again i made my way to toplevel, cause i saw an sniper up there(the gun, not the player), guess it was an M24. again i bugged and fell down....this time i was lying on the rooftop of Firestation. Bleeding broken leg, Blood 2800. again bandaging, and morphining(!?), but i fell unconsicous every 60 sec. cause of my low blood. Then i saw a player in the firestation, going up! He saw me too, and startet voicechatting that he is cool, and has no weapon! He asked me to help me! I thought: OMG...a foreign player beeing friendly!! Thats like winning lotto! he came to the window, took a bloodpack out of my Backpack and started giving it to me( i could see the "great" animation). In just that moment an other player came up the firestation, instantly killing us both!!!! That was so Sad! especially for that nice guy helping me!

I was just at cherno central hospital.

For the most part I find most people are decent. But not today.

I was in desperate need of blood and not a single buddy was on steam.

So.... I used direct chat. Said I needed blood and that I would lay face down unarmed, outside of the hospital.

"Take the bloodpack out of my back pack, and feel free to take anything you can carry that you want as well" I told whoever was listening. My eyesight was blurred and fading in and out my blood was so low but I could see the guy watching.

So there I am laying face down unarmed like a nub, but what choice did I have. I was passing out every 30 seconds.

Anyway, guy comes up to the unarmed person laying face down who has said they can take whatever they like and hatchets me. Well fair enough... But what sort of metality is that ?

It's not sport.

It's not great or skilled PVP.

It's not to gain loot.

It's not to remove a threat.

Guess that's what I get for playing at this time a day when school kicks out.

The game would be shit without PVP, but it's becoming shit when people are so desperate for a kill they would shoot someone who had their hands tied behind their back and a bag on their head and then tell themselves how awesome they are at pvp.

That's probably my worst experience. Not because I died, I die lots. But because this game used to have some great PVP and person to person contact, but now those moments are few and far between.

I won't change how I play, but I am becoming less and less amazed at what tools some people can be.

Best experience: Finding a can of beans during the 1.7.4 patch when my foos icon was flashing and I was near starvation lol.