Sign in to follow this  
wolfshagger

Add more diversity to the wilderness

Much like my previous post, this idea also is to add some sort of purpose/ atmosphere to the wild plains of DayZ chernarus.

Now I'm pretty sure everyone has seen those random houses on the edge of a field in the middle of nowhere, they are unenterable and serve no purpose apart from having about 3-4 zeds around it to spook you. However I have an idea which could add a lot of difference to wilderness gameplay.

In the walking dead series rick and the gang have encountered other survivors that were aggressive to them. So instead of those 3-4 random zombies around the houses and sheds that serve no purpose apart from being... err.. there. Change it to be AI villagers (with the really bad aim) with low grade weapons like a makarov and maybe a rare chance to spawn with one of the guns from the AK series (hell give one an axe and watch him charge at you). Add hostility towards strangers as they don't want to chance being infected from strangers, and I believe that survivors have a small shootout that doesn't involve PvP but more PvE. Also a bonus of winning these little skirmishes could be you get to loot the AI villagers and take their weapons, or maybe they have a very low chance to drop useful tools like a toolbox?

Of course the cons: People who exploit the game by alt+f4 if spooked would hear a makarov pop at them from a distance and they would quit the game if they couldn't see the AI e.g. if they apporached from a wooded area.

Of course as always I'd be interested in seeing your views on this and whether it is a bad idea or not and whether you would like to see it ingame.

Thanks for spending time to read this post.:D

This actually is a really interesting idea. If it was implemented it should be balanced (they don't have rare weapons often, not overpowered, should be a reason to attack them, respawn times etc). Also, maybe the zombies might attack them too?

+1 I'm for an idea of implementing NPC's other than zombies/animals. Although this may be put in as an end-game thing.

Seems interresting, when I walk around in the forrest and see a house, I just keep walking, no big deal really. But if this was implemented, I think player's will be more on their feets, and only only have the goal to walk though a forrest for 40 min, and then get to the NW airfield to get guns :)

+1

Maybe the further up north the houses are the better the weapons they have? I just feel that if all the house's occupation's have makarovs and we survivors have lets say a m16 - m203 grenade launcher would be a bit unfair AI side ;)