So, I'm all for gun games, and I love the realism, but for me I find it hard to pull the trigger. Knowing the effort I go through to get my items, and reach certain locations I feel really bad taking that away?

I just stalked two guys around the airfield, both had scoped assault rifles, but I opened fire, killing one, and I'm assuming broke the other guys leg/killed him.

Went over to loot the items, and it's just stuff that I could easily grab back at Elektro. Now I feel awful under the thought that they have to gain it all over again, as well as relocate each other. :l

I'd love to find them, and give their stuff back, am I over thinking this?

OK,you are stupid :P

Dude,this game is about the survival of the strongest.You had the advandage on them,you surprised them,BAM they're dead.It's stupid to feel bad about it,cause a) it's a game and b) they'd shot your head off if they saw you.

I don't like killing other players, but I will if I have to.

I think it was a bit of a dick move for you to kill these guys but, like you said, they could likely get their gear back quite quickly if they know what they're doing.

If it's any comfort to you, after playing for a long time and getting loads of loot, I end up playing super cautiously and it gets boring. When I do eventually end up getting killed it's always been by another player and it resets the game back to being fun for me as I start playing with a fast and loose, no-consequences type gameplay.

Therefore, you may have just made the game more fun for your victims.

Some are completely oblivious of this aspect of DayZ. I think that's what makes DayZ special, that's why it's a different experience than COD.

OK' date='you are stupid :P

Dude,this game is about the survival of the strongest.You had the advandage on them,you surprised them,BAM they're dead.It's stupid to feel bad about it,cause a) it's a game and b) they'd shot your head off if they saw you.

[/quote']

This guy needs to die in a cancer fire.

WTF IS AN ADVANDAGE L M F A O

YOU BETTER FEEL BAD, YOU PIECE OF SHIT. you murdered two people with no reason other than that you wanted their stuff. damn greed.

Well if all they had was stuff that you can grab in Elek then they should be back up to speed in no time... If you really felt bad you would try talking to them first, not that I'd recommend that.

OK' date='you are stupid :P

[/quote']

I have NO doubt in my mind they would of killed me. :p It still feels wrong though. :p

I don't like killing other players' date=' but I will if I have to.

I think it was a bit of a dick move for you to kill these guys but, like you said, they could likely get their gear back quite quickly if they know what they're doing.

If it's any comfort to you, after playing for a long time and getting loads of loot, I end up playing super cautiously and it gets boring. When I do eventually end up getting killed it's always been by another player and it resets the game back to being fun for me as I start playing with a fast and loose, no-consequences type gameplay.

Therefore, you may have just made the game more fun for your victims.

[/quote']

Well, the only reason I stalked them is because they looted NW and I had no idea what loot they grabbed, could of been some NV Googles, drooollll. :p

Yeah, probably was a dick move, but I actually agree, restarting is part of the fun, thanks. :p

YOU BETTER FEEL BAD' date=' YOU PIECE OF SHIT. you murdered two people with no reason other than that you wanted their stuff. damn greed.

[/quote']

Hahaa, you win some you lose some, eh? :p

Well if all they had was stuff that you can grab in Elek then they should be back up to speed in no time... If you really felt bad you would try talking to them first' date=' not that I'd recommend that.

[/quote']

I tried to talk to them while prone in a field, but I didn't get a reply, maybe I was out of range, maybe they thought I sounded like a nob, either way, they're dead now. :(

I know that feel bro. I killed John Connor, even though he was carrying only a flashlight. It still haunts me.

It's stupid to feel bad about it' date='cause a) it's a game

[/quote']

fuck you. assholes like you are ruining this game. fuck off back to cod, you stupid bitch. the point of this game is REALISM. NOT A DEATHMATCH.

op, at least you feel bad about it, giving a realistic experience. because i'm certain that if you killed someone in real life it would bother you for a while.

If you feel bad, I'm starting a faction. Angels of Mercy.

I hate PKing too. I'll never initiate hostility.

I try to only shoot in self defense or if I feel like another player is being a bandit. I used to never shoot other players but then I got tired of being murdered over and over. So, now i avoid, but if another player sees me, I assume he's going to try to kill me. Which Sucks.

Good job starting the helpful clan. Good luck.

Don't worry, you'll get to the point where you just don't care anymore.

If you want to live, don't be friendly. Just shoot.

It's stupid to feel bad about it' date='cause a) it's a game

[/quote']

fuck you. assholes like you are ruining this game. fuck off back to cod, you stupid bitch. the point of this game is REALISM. NOT A DEATHMATCH.

op, at least you feel bad about it, giving a realistic experience. because i'm certain that if you killed someone in real life it would bother you for a while.

All of your posts make me lol! The constant crying!

Good. You felt something, something apparently real, DayZ has done its job.

Kill everything.

All the zombies, all the boars, all the cows, all the rabbits and most of all every single person wearing a stupid cap and carrying a backpack.

Why anyone would leave another player alive unless it's their friend is beyond me. There is literally no downside to killing everyone all the time.

Guilt is a part of murder.

Most people on the forums are pretty good at rationalizing guilt. I've also been getting better at it the more I play this game.

Kill everything.

All the zombies' date=' all the boars, all the cows, all the rabbits and most of all every single person wearing a stupid cap and carrying a backpack.

Why anyone would leave another player alive unless it's their friend is beyond me. There is literally no downside to killing everyone all the time.

[/quote']

That is why it needs to be fixed. Bandits need some disadvantage.

Nothing wrong with having sympathy. Your judgement was on point, odds are they would have pulled the trigger on you as well. I would only feel guilty if they were unarmed.

I say that you killed those guys for no good reason, that being said it's not your fault, if you commonly go on the forums you get spoon fed all these threads and posts telling us that everyone is a bandit and to kill on sight, and all the threads saying "punish bandits". Pretty much every player thinks that if they don't kill other players they see then they are going to get killed.

Although you could argue that greed got the better of you.

I would a felt the same way in your situation. Alot of the times playing the "carebear" way is actually significantly harder than simply shooting everything that moves, thus I can see people turning to that method. But I applaud you for still having a conscious, it means you have true humanity.

The only time I felt guilty in dayZ was when someone killed me so I was on 400 blood and bleeding. I alt-f4'ed and I felt really guilty for cheating him for his loot