sveinungchr@gmail.com

how may arma copys was sold bedfor dayZ?

Anyone have an Idea how many Aram2 copies have been sold before DayZ came out?

If you look at the number of uniqe playeres today its:

at 25 euro a players you are up to aprox: 12.5Mill euro(rounded up to 500k players)..Not bad for a game mod. (should think Bohemia is kissing rockets ass bigtime ;-)

But the question is how many copies where solde before dayZ came out?

Thinker.

Id venture a guess at 20k or less?

A tad bit more than that I would think. Also keep in mind that Arma is still sort of an offshoot from the main product VBS (http://products.bisimulations.com/). A license for that is a lot more expensive than Arma. But no doubt...DayZ has made BIS a lot of money!

I'm not sure, I've owned arma 2 for around 20 months so its not like I went out and bought it for DayZ, although I did have to buy Arrow Head.... so I wonder if that is more popular now...

We're registering between 10,000 to 12,000 new player keys a day. So either there are heaps of ArmA players who have been hibernating, or sales are very high and a verification of that would be to check if ArmA2:CO is still on top at steam.

i have been hibernating myself but has had the arma series since each release but due to each copy being extremely scratched i bought the anniversary pack from steam 4 months not for Dayz at all just because i wanted a more challenging game to play

when i first played Dayz i did not like it one bit but i gave it another shot and it has gotten me addicted :D

We're registering between 10' date='000 to 12,000 new player keys a day. So either there are heaps of ArmA players who have been hibernating, or sales are very high and a verification of that would be to check if ArmA2:CO is still on top at steam.

[/quote']im sure verification would be to see if your bosses have ordered new cars and booked holidays rocket :D

We're registering between 10' date='000 to 12,000 new player keys a day. So either there are heaps of ArmA players who have been hibernating, or sales are very high and a verification of that would be to check if ArmA2:CO is still on top at steam.

[/quote']

As far as I remember, the game has been on the top 3 (usually on number 1) of the top seller games on Steam ever since I bought the game (more than 1 month and a half ago). By now Marek and Ondřej must be using 100 euro notes as toilet paper and every now and then they take a swim in their golden coins swimming pool ala Scrooge McDuck.

It's definitely high, but I think OP's stats are a tad skewed.

I've owned ARMA II for about two years now. I'd hop on for a bit of Life here and there, but DayZ really started working the hours out of my copy.

I don't think BI would still be in business if they sold that few copies, has to be at least a couple hundred thousand.

While it's probably a bit cheaper to develop in the Czech republic than in the US or Canada creating a game like Arma2 still takes a years of (highly skilled) man hours.

creating a game like Arma2 still takes a years of (highly skilled) man hours.

highly skilled? They skillfully designed it so if i fall 2 feet i break a leg? or that so far most of my deaths have been due to doors and gates 1 shotting me or breaking my legs?

creating a game like Arma2 still takes a years of (highly skilled) man hours.

highly skilled? They skillfully designed it so if i fall 2 feet i break a leg? or that so far most of my deaths have been due to doors and gates 1 shotting me or breaking my legs?

Does that happen in Arma 2? Never did for me.

Glad the game is selling well, they desrve it. And I for one do not look at this company as greedy a#"&%=#¤ If they where it would not be possible to make mods like dayz in the first place.

Don't worry about nooblord, he's an unseasoned troll. Like a fish finger without any breadcrumbs, slimy and limp.

And yes, I'm also very happy to see ARMA selling well - it's impressive to see it still at the top of the Steam charts.

I've owned ARMA II since it was released back in 2009, and had Armed Assault before that. I play ARMA because I love the reality that it brings to my gaming sessions, and as a tactical gamer, I prefer the depth and realism to the fast paced action of other shooters. However, I'm not trying to big myself up here as the greatest fan of all time.

I think, that DayZ has helped ARMA II sell more copies, and for that, I'm greatful. I also like the game, which is odd for me because I'm not really a zombie fan.

However, I dislike this mentality that ARMA II is now just some object you have to buy for DayZ, and it pisses me off that a game of such calibre has been reduced somewhat in status because youtube is flooded with a mod.

I will stop now because I tend to go on when I chat on forums, but though I agree, and would say that DayZ has helped BI sell more copies of the game, I think its unfair to say that ARMA 2 is only popular because of DayZ.