JinxX

Most shocking thing you've seen.

I was travelling somewhere in the northern region when I spot a small town, before deciding to check it out and try to find some Food (Starving of course.)

Standing on the tree line before this long stretch of clearing leading to the town I pull out my binoculars and take a peek into the town for a good five minutes my standard rules before heading into a town to sneak in and out.

About two minutes in I hear gunshots then see a Survivor running out of the town with a horde of at least 20 Walkers chasing him. He makes it a good half a mile out before he gets knocked down.

My instincts to help him where kicking in but I stopped myself as this amazing guy comes running out of NOWHERE and shoots all the zeds down with his Winchester then proceeds to save this poor fellow on the ground.

He patches the poor fellow that was downed up and waits nearby for him to get up and recover. The guy does, he gets up and as soon as this Hero turns his back to him all I see was this guy aim up his Makarov and shoot him twice.

The hero goes down, I get up and start sprinting full speed to see if I can help this hero and shoot the now Bandit down.

He was dead :( I thought saving someones life was seen as something that would create a bond between the two players. Some players are so screwed up.

Needless to say I took as much of his stuff as I could and tried to find him speaking to him on the chat I ran into him again somewhere near Elektro and gave him the stuff and some extra supplies I could spare, helped him get his bearings we stuck together for a while.

The most chocking I have seen was a bandit ambush on two survivors in Cherno(sp?)

I watched the whole thing from a rooftop. The bandits were in ambush behind a building. When the two survivors passed the building the bandits shot them dead, in cold blood. I know people dies all the times to bandits and what not, but this moment stuck with me. They just shot them like nothing, and looted thier corpses then ran off. When it happend I was thinking about how quick one life could end. I also thought of the movie "the road" - the cannibal bandits ;)

The most shocking experience i've had wasn't something i'd seen, but something I did myself and regret. How quickly the world can change. I've been hunting, and been hunted by, bandits as long as i've known what a bandit was. I've guided groups of new players through zombie infested towns before sending them on they're way, assisted lone survivors, and done as much good as I can despite the great risk to my own health, for the sake of my humanity.

Today, in the middle of the night, I was walking down the coast. I met a guy named Ed, he was out on an island. We met up, I exchanged greetings with voice and text. I set up a campfire, we hung out there for some 10 minuets. Another survivor comes up, he fires one round, I take him down. Ed helped. I trusted Ed, gave him the spare CZ i'd been hauling in my ALICE pack, we'd been talking the whole time. Than he stops responding to everything I say. I raise him 5 or 6 times in text and speech, no response. He turns to me, his handgun was out (it had been the whole time.)

I shoot. Two shots, one in the chest, one in the head. Ed goes down.

A minuet later, after re spawning, he finds he was on the wrong chat channel, and his responses we're hidden to me. He'd been responding the whole time. I would have had an ally, a friend, in the wasteland.

I gunned him down. I'm no worse than the bandits I hunt. I decide it is best to leave civilization, and I head north.

Lone survivors takes out a band of 5 bandits all armed to the teeth. I watch it from a hill through my binoculars. This was on a "hardcore" server, no way they could have pulled it off otherwise. One of the best things I've seen.

the most shocking thing i saw/experienced is after killing a bandit and shooting a trail of zeds i ran out of ammo on the last one and broke my leg thus crawling away fleeing, the Zed was on me like white on rice and all I could do was throw flares and empty cans at him, after i hit him in the head with a few tin cans to my amazement he stopped chasing and attacking while i crawled away to a safe distance. I used the last of my pain killers and out of ammo, water, food and everything i had i was finally able to get up to flee but as soon as I stood up I was shot in the head by a player. I laughed mostly because I had not a single thing to loot and shooting me was doing me a favor at that point.

Was a pitch black night, u know, one of those nights you can only see the stars above you. I decided to use the light equipped on my m16a4 rifle just to get a quick idea of where I was.

I only wanted to flash for a second to keep from getting sighted by others, so i clicked it on.

In a quick on/off flash, 10 meters in front of me sat another survivor.

I startled him, he shot twice, I clicked my light on again and unloaded 8-10 shots from my rifle.

I am most certain we startled eachother and well... He brought a makarov to an m16 party. I felt bad, but I'm glad it wasn't lethargy died.

My best experience:

I was on a hilltop close to the Elektrozavodsk power plant following 3 survivers. They were shooting zombies and gave away their position. I fired 1 (!) shot with my AK74 Kobra and hit one in his back from 200m or so.

Immediately after, 2 of them (2 russians) shot their 3rd party member. I continued opening fire and killed the second guy. The other one fled into the power plant.

I waited and was overwatching the powerplant and in a timespan of 5 minutes, I saw 2 more (solitary) survivors arriving. Not realizing there were now 3 others in the power plant, i sneaked to the powerplant (E-side), looted the body of one I shot. I saw a guy moving inside of the fire station at the powerplant (gun was sticking through the wall). I threw a grenade and killed the guy. I wanted a minute and ran to the powerplant, SUDDENLY, the 3rd guy of the first party I engaged, ran infront of me unknowning I was behind him. I unloaded my AK74 Kobra on him and he died. Good thing my sound is very loud, I heard the 5th and last survivor running around. He ran into the fire station and I shot him in cold blood, 5x 1911 in his upper torso and face. He died and ragged in chat.

Great loot, fantastic kills and only a minor injury! The last guy hit me with a winchester I believe.

Moral: learn to be aware of your surroundings. Never fire when unneccesary! You do not only attract zombies. Always be patient! Wait and observe. (Ok, I know I was a bit lucky, but killing 5 guys in 10 minutes?? lol)

I was running in pitch black, using the skyline for bearings, when I noticed I had stopped moving. I used the 'climb over' bind, but nada. Still stuck. Down to only a couple of flares, I figured I'd use one up, as maybe there was something interesting blocking my path.

Well, as it turns out, I was right. I bounced a flare off another survivor's face, it rattled behind me, and illuminated the two of us as we stared at one another.

I chatted, "Oh, hi!" in text, and watched as he jumped up suddenly, and ran off into the woods behind me.

Funniest, and yet scariest thing yet.

TKJ

He patches the poor fellow that was downed up and waits nearby for him to get up and recover. The guy does' date=' he gets up and as soon as this Hero turns his back to him all I see was this guy aim up his Makarov and shoot him twice.

[/quote']

So wrong

The most shocking experience i've had wasn't something i'd seen' date=' but something I did myself and regret. How quickly the world can change. I've been hunting, and been hunted by, bandits as long as i've known what a bandit was. I've guided groups of new players through zombie infested towns before sending them on they're way, assisted lone survivors, and done as much good as I can despite the great risk to my own health, for the sake of my humanity.

Today, in the middle of the night, I was walking down the coast. I met a guy named Ed, he was out on an island. We met up, I exchanged greetings with voice and text. I set up a campfire, we hung out there for some 10 minuets. Another survivor comes up, he fires one round, I take him down. Ed helped. I trusted Ed, gave him the spare CZ i'd been hauling in my ALICE pack, we'd been talking the whole time. Than he stops responding to everything I say. I raise him 5 or 6 times in text and speech, no response. He turns to me, his handgun was out (it had been the whole time.)

A minuet later, after re spawning, he finds he was on the wrong chat channel, and his responses we're hidden to me. He'd been responding the whole time. I would have had an ally, a friend, in the wasteland.

I gunned him down. I'm no worse than the bandits I hunt. I decide it is best to leave civilization, and I head north.

[/quote']

lik dis if u cry evertim

- Build car for 1 hour

- trying to find the last wheel

- finds the last wheel

- around the corner to the car, i hear the engine

- see my car roll away whit a guy in it

- sad face

- respawns...

Being shot while running to a barn where I had seen a Lee I wanted. Hit in the leg, bleeding out, going for cover under inaccurate fires... bleeding out in a barn... bandaging myself... and meeting Callahan who stayed with me for a while when I was going in and out of consciousness with a zombie horde coming in as well.

After about an hour of hiding in the barn, as gratitude I give him my last clip of Makarov ammo with a few shots left, and tell him I probably wont make it out (broken bones) and he should go on his own.

Its amazing to see such nice people in such a terribly brutal game.

me and 4 other broskis hide in a mountain overlooking electro powerplant, we watch as 3 people, unknowingly run into the same building.

One member of our team had a brilliant idea of shooting one guy in the chest, so that the guy that was shot thought it was one of the 2 others, therefore starting a shootout.

Our sniper aims at a low damage spot and fires, wounding him and a shootout broke out as intended. all 3 die shortly and we get some nice loot.

mind tricks can be such a weapon at times..

> Novy Sobor

> Looking for loot on my own

> Middle of the night

> Walk over to the last tent in the row

> Five dudes inside laying on top of eachother not moving looking at the sky

> can only see them because of the flashlight on my M4A3

> All bandit skin

> Shit pants

> Throw a grenade

> Turns out better than expected

> Novy Sobor

> Middle of the night

> All bandit skin

> Shit pants

> Throw a grenade

no way..

> Novy Sobor

> Middle of the night

> All bandit skin

> Shit pants

> Throw a grenade

no way..

-

> Shit pants

> Throw a grenade

Whatever floats your boat, man. (Damn, I'm saving this for posterity.)

:D

TKJ

Upon searching for gasoline we got ambushed at some large warehouse.

In the confusion, one of us is running back at us, and all of the sudden he takes a shot at one of us with CZ. Our friend falls down, bleeding heavily while he shouts in TS "FRIENDLY FIRE FRIENDLY FIRE". As panicked as he is, the guy with CZ doesnt seem to hear, peeks his head from corner and takes a crackshot at me. He doesnt hit me, but I hear the bullet whistling beside my head. Based on pure survival instinct, I raise my M249 SAW and drop him with 5 rounds in the chest.

I ran. Away from the chaos, bullets whistling beside me, my friends screaming in horror in Teamspeak while they got slaughtered. I ran like 15 minutes trough the forest, finally dropping down on base of large pine and logging off. As I went for a cigarette I felt horrible, how could I kill a precious friend of mine.

I was travelling somewhere in the northern region when I spot a small town' date=' before deciding to check it out and try to find some Food (Starving of course.)

Standing on the tree line before this long stretch of clearing leading to the town I pull out my binoculars and take a peek into the town for a good five minutes my standard rules before heading into a town to sneak in and out.

About two minutes in I hear gunshots then see a Survivor running out of the town with a horde of at least 20 Walkers chasing him. He makes it a good half a mile out before he gets knocked down.

My instincts to help him where kicking in but I stopped myself as this amazing guy comes running out of NOWHERE and shoots all the zeds down with his Winchester then proceeds to save this poor fellow on the ground.

He patches the poor fellow that was downed up and waits nearby for him to get up and recover. The guy does, he gets up and as soon as this Hero turns his back to him all I see was this guy aim up his Makarov and shoot him twice.

The hero goes down, I get up and start sprinting full speed to see if I can help this hero and shoot the now Bandit down.

He was dead :( I thought saving someones life was seen as something that would create a bond between the two players. Some players are so screwed up.

Needless to say I took as much of his stuff as I could and tried to find him speaking to him on the chat I ran into him again somewhere near Elektro and gave him the stuff and some extra supplies I could spare, helped him get his bearings we stuck together for a while.

[/quote']

Sounds exactly like my story. Although I can't be sure, as I didn't have any tools at the time so don't know where I was.

About two minutes in I hear gunshots then see a Survivor running out of the town with a horde of at least 20 Walkers chasing him.

I just have to laugh when people call the zombies "walkers"

Anyways, this is what i hate about Dayz. Don't give me the motherforking "Hurr dis is realistic people would shoot eachother durr!!!!!!1??!111"

All they forking do is kill eachother for no freaking reason.

- Build car for 1 hour

- trying to find the last wheel

- finds the last wheel

- around the corner to the car' date=' i hear the engine

- see my car roll away whit a guy in it

- sad face

- respawns...

[/quote']

aww man that blows

my story is like as a day 0 noob. Hooked up with 3 other cool guys at night before realising all about the bandit stuff. Anyway we find ourselves at the airfield near Balota. Zombies split us all up and I find myself in the middle of the field looking at two newly lit chem sticks. Like the noob I am I picked one up and instantly regret it as I get shot with only 1600 Blood left. Luckily instincts kick in and I throw away the chemstick and drop prone then crawl away undetected.

As you probably know the effects of only 1600 blood are very bad.

Shaking

Blurred Vision

Heavy heartbeat

Nightmare.

So I can't see but manage to get to cover in a thin line of trees. It's 01:30 so I log off for the night and decide to try and salvage my character in the daylight.

So I logon next day and as luck would have it I am next to the military hospital camp and after a lot of crawling and banging into stuff make it inside and find my first Deer Stand. I climb up. Awesome there is loot and food etc. Just what I need to patch myself up right? Wrong. - the freakin ladder glitch causes me to fall down to the bottom of the ladder and break my legs and bleed out. Noooo WTF?!! Ha Ha soooo close!

Not sure if the most shocking thing I have seen is a cow grazing in the field today or a warning shot that whizzed by my ear.

In the latter encounter (Zane) said "he wasn't friendly, that that was a warning shot and I should go my own way..."

Yep, no problem...

I just have to laugh when people call the zombies "walkers"

Anyways' date=' this is what i hate about Dayz. Don't give me the motherforking "Hurr dis is realistic people would shoot eachother durr!!!!!!1??!111"

All they forking do is kill eachother for no freaking reason.

[/quote']

If theres anything Walking Dead has made me like its the name Walker for zombies.

Of course ironically they don't walk, they Run Hop and Crawl but hate to walk.

Also Stalker :D Love that game

The most shocking experience i've had wasn't something i'd seen' date=' but something I did myself and regret. How quickly the world can change. I've been hunting, and been hunted by, bandits as long as i've known what a bandit was. I've guided groups of new players through zombie infested towns before sending them on they're way, assisted lone survivors, and done as much good as I can despite the great risk to my own health, for the sake of my humanity.

[/quote']

I truly sympathize with you. Lately I feel like I'm one of those rare few who actually have only continued to gain Humanity. I only started playing recently, and do most of my stuff at night as me and my friends can move around easier due to the lack of people out being for the most part dicks. I believe it's currently at 3500 some. It felt good when I logged on to see that the little face was now smiling and wasn't neutral.

And since starting to play the game, while I don't openly go to help people or team up with those outside of who I know. I firmly believe in the motto of not shooting until fired upon. Though as of just moments ago I had seen the most funny thing I had seen.

I was heading up the coast line towards Tulga to pick up a friend who had gotten a bum spawning spot. And we had been working our way from Cherno towards Electro supplying along the way, and after heading out of Electro. I notice some running and my current group me and a friend go Prone. I crawl up to the wall and get horizontal to it. My friend spaces out a bit to make sure if it is anything bad we aren't grouped. And this from the sight of him looked survivor. But turned out he had a bandit skin. As soon as he came around the corner, I was crouched with my M4A1 pointed right at his head.

Now you could tell this guy was panic'ing. Because here he was now at the barrel of a gun he knew he couldn't outshoot, I don't even think he noticed my friend. But I went over Direct chat and told him; "If you're friendly say so." And held him there at point until he made his reply of friendly. But during this in an attempt I suppose to appease me and my friend he was dropping whatever ammo and such he had. After I went back over Direct Chat and told him; "Go ahead and move on, I'm not out to fuck up people's shit." He took off, leaving behind every piece of ammo he had on him. The entire time he was going back and forth this way and that all scared that he was going to be gunned down. Because he had a bandit skin. Which he proceeded to tell me over Side Chat as he was heading along his way. I simply told the guy, I'm not out to fuck up anyone's shit. If you feel the need to shoot at me. Know I'm always within a group that I keep very well organized. He thanked me. That everyone was so shoot on sight with bandits.

I feel there is no need to do that, while I won't trust another person outside of the friends in real life I group with. I certainly won't kill them for the beans. We're all trying to have an experience. And as little blood I have to spill to do that. The better.

(( Side note however: My group did get attacked the one night, guy came in took down one and then another. This counted towards him having a bandit skin. When I killed him I gained Humanity and a Bandit Kill mark. Though he's the first non-zombie I've had to shoot. But that was only out of the fact I was protecting my own. ))

I witnessed from a distance at the NW airfield, scoping it out, as I saw about 4-5 players inside working together, looting the airfield, as I hear a chopper in the distance, it swoops in, and the machine guns, quickly tear down every single one in the airfield, and all the zombies... I did not dare move in, or even move. As I know I would've been murdered... Reminded me much of this video, here: