FlashHawk4

New zombie type- dead snipers! (Please read before commenting)

Yeah I think this idea is pretty cool. There should be more zombie variants and this is a start.

Not a bad idea at all. Similar to my "dead survivor zombie" idea but with a neater angle that actually adds another spin to the game.

What would also be neat is if they had a bit of sniper ammo on them? Or the chance for that at least? No sniper though, they'd just have dropped it or something.

Good thought though. Original too :D

I was going to suggest that, but I just felt it would be a bit of a small point. But yes, they should have a higher drop rate of sniper ammo, in my opinion anyway. Unless you guys think that would be a bad idea, putting the sniper ammo right by the snipers. I don't know one way or the other.

In the somewhat unlikely event that the bandit sniper you described has a silenced sidearm or room to stash his sniper in his/her pack, if they shot the zombie stalking the woods, it would alert the un-suspecting survivor, who would then have time to run to cover.

The bandit gets the ammo.

But the survivor gets his life.

Obviously this is just one scenario, but it does mix the gameplay up a bit more, as I mentioned :)

two thumbs up!

I dunno whether or not we'd want it to specifically discriminate. That would cause a bit of a ruckus in the "bandit pride" forums' date=' and also draw a double standar when a regular survivor walks by.

I think they should spawn in commonly sniped-from areas (no need to explain why zombies in ghillie suits are there, after all), and target whomever alerts them. Of course, 90% of the time that will be bandits, but that's just a side effect, however intended it may be.

[/quote']

commonly sniped areas would just change but i really like the idea of zombies in gillies but i think they should just roam the woods in groups of 2 or 4 (sniper and the spotter) .

But it would be fairly simple to write a script to detect what locations are currently the hottest spots. I have friends who have done it, who honestly aren't anywhere near the coders they pretend to be.

So your solution for snipers is to add more snipers? Umm...

mofoyh4au3.gif

So your solution for snipers is to add more snipers? Umm...

Again, READ THE POST before you comment. Where did I say they could shoot people?

I like this idea. Right now you have no care in the world (ok, maybe a little) running through a (pitch black) forest... stepping on a ghillie zombie would be a surprise.