admin@glados.cc

Day Z is insulting to LGBT people

No wonder Rocket removed the bandit, it too was unclear which gender it was.

I'll be the first in line for post apocalyptic sexual reassignment surgery. Who's got a hunting knife and hatchet? I've got the morphine and bandages.

You get to be a male or a female like in real life. You need to pick one.

Look here, we have another excellent comment that pretty much sums up Day Z.

No, you can be any gender you want. You can express yourself.

Also:

This isn't the developer going, "not going to code gender change", it's "I'm going to go specially out of my way to bind your gender to your CD key to enforce my outdated beliefs.".

Explain to me WHY rocket would go all this extra effort AND WARN PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN'T CHANGE THEIR GENDER?

This man wins +100 internets! Terrible Troll BTW OP, Next update a scapel and wigs?

Explain to me WHY rocket would go all this extra effort AND WARN PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN'T CHANGE THEIR GENDER?

Because, in the game, when you click what gender you want your character to be, the character is created with either a "0" or a "1" in the database file. This number cannot be changed later without breaking everything.

As I said, you're an idiot. Please stop giving those of us who are actually transgender and actually fighting for our rights in the real world a bad name by influencing people to think we're like *you* .. idiotic. Your heart might be well-placed (.. maybe..) but you have absolutely no understanding. Of anything, evidently.

Holy shit, like you're actually serious with this thread?

He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life. He didn't want people swapping back and forth on a whim.

I think you're reading way to far into this.

Look here' date=' we have another excellent comment that pretty much sums up Day Z.

Also:

This isn't the developer going, "not going to code gender change", it's "I'm going to go specially out of my way to bind your gender to your CD key to enforce my outdated beliefs.".

[/quote']

mlfw184_13111828942.jpg

Because' date=' in the game, when you click what gender you want your character to be, the character is created with either a "0" or a "1" in the database file. This number cannot be changed later without breaking everything.

As I said, you're an idiot. Please stop giving those of us who are actually transgender and actually fighting for our rights in the real world a bad name by influencing people to think we're like *you* .. idiotic. Your heart might be well-placed (.. maybe..) but you have absolutely no understanding. Of anything, evidently.

[/quote']

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm an actual programmer, and changing a table in a MySQL database isn't going to break anything. Or maybe just prompt the user every game play?

Somehow I doubt you're actually transgender.

"He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life."

It is a HUGE decision. At the moment, it's the difference between wearing a ghillie suit and not wearing a ghillie suit.

I believe the OP has some valid points about the role of genders but in a post-apocalyptic zombie horror setting there are some deeper questions that need to be answered. For example, what gender are the zombies?

Frankly, its small minded and morally wrong to simply assume that these poor victims of the apocalypse have retained their original anatomy AND to exclude zombie genders from the acceptable gender choices simply because they have undead differently-able reproductive systems.

What could the zombie genders be? What sort of equipment might they be packing? I don't know but I can say one thing for sure: oscillating meat weasel.

the entire argument is based on the one time choice, am I missing something every time I spawn I get a choice of what gender I want to be, most people in real life don't get that choice....

Holy shit' date=' like you're actually serious with this thread?

He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life. He didn't want people swapping back and forth on a whim.

I think you're reading way to far into this.

[/quote']

What is wrong with swapping gender on a whim? It's not a choice the developer should force, it's an individual's choice. What if I decide that I want to be the other gender once.

GENDER IS NOT A BIG DECISION IN LIFE THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE. YOU CAN CHANGE IT, AND YOU SHOULD BE FREE TO CHANGE IT. What is wrong with all you people?

I'm ignoring all the hate speech trolls, by the way. You're not going to offend me to boost your e-peen.

Look here' date=' we have another excellent comment that pretty much sums up Day Z.

Also:

[/quote']

mlfw184_13111828942.jpg

3yKyy.png

Because' date=' in the game, when you click what gender you want your character to be, the character is created with either a "0" or a "1" in the database file. This number cannot be changed later without breaking everything.

[/quote']

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm an actual programmer, and changing a table in a MySQL database isn't going to break anything. Or maybe just prompt the user every game play?

Somehow I doubt you're actually transgender.

tumblr_m6rlxeVeUX1r4lxmp.jpg