admin@glados.cc

Day Z is insulting to LGBT people

OMG!!! U really serious???

Try finding a doctor wich can do that in chernarus;)

I know one, his name is Lee Enfield, He's good at gender changes

Just to let you know. I subscribed to this topic.

Not for the talking points, but for Spiderman.

Maybe the ponies too.

Okay, the Ponies too.

Requesting a Sticky and to never lock this thread.

Lol its good to see that people here, unlike in RL, actually agree that this "gender mainstreaming" BS is... well, BS.

Not for the talking points' date=' but for Spiderman.

Maybe the ponies too.

Okay, the Ponies too.

[/quote']

I would do it, but that would fall under favourism. I nominate a Mod'/Admin that hasn't posted in this thread.

Lol its good to see that people here' date=' unlike in RL, actually agree that this "gender mainstreaming" BS is... well, BS.

[/quote']

Well, uh, no. It's not BS. Rights are rights; that's why I oppose radical feminism (which can sometimes be an odd position for a transgender person). It's important that everyone has rights. All humans.

It's actually the other way around - HERE it's BS.. IRL, it's sort of important. It's a matter of choosing the proper battlegrounds where peoples lives are actually going to be affected.

That's, uh.. not.. here.

Not for the talking points' date=' but for Spiderman.

Maybe the ponies too.

Okay, the Ponies too.

[/quote']

I would do it, but that would fall under favourism. I nominate a Mod'/Admin that hasn't posted in this thread.

Maybe someone should send Rocket a Email saying "Important Thread from LGBT"

Holy shit' date=' like you're actually serious with this thread?

He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life. He didn't want people swapping back and forth on a whim.

I think you're reading way to far into this.

[/quote']

What is wrong with swapping gender on a whim? It's not a choice the developer should force, it's an individual's choice. What if I decide that I want to be the other gender once.

GENDER IS NOT A BIG DECISION IN LIFE THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE. YOU CAN CHANGE IT, AND YOU SHOULD BE FREE TO CHANGE IT. What is wrong with all you people?

I'm ignoring all the hate speech trolls, by the way. You're not going to offend me to boost your e-peen.

Cross dressing or gender blending is not changing your gender. We're all free to express ourselves in any way we wish. But gender changing is somewhat final. When you undergo sexual reassignment surgeries, and take hormones/testosterone... you've made your choice. Doctors won't just revert these things on a whim. People don't physically go from one gender to another and then back to the original all the time.

This would only really be an issue in my eyes if the avatar system was extremely complex but still didn't support males weaing female clothing or makeup and the other way around. But, the game is nowhere near that level of detail, so just wait. Or suggest this be added. Coming on here posting this thread is not the right way to go about it.

Crossdressing is changing your gender. Sex reassignment surgeries are one time things, but Day Z makes it a zero time thing by preventing you from changing it ever.

Also, males can't wear female suits and females can't wear male suits, so please know what you're talking about before your speak.

here's the thing. Transgenders usually, when they change, decide to be the sex that they are the moment they change, and usually remain that way forever. They don't change every day, or every other month. They are usually born one way, and switch to another way, and call it a day/life.

What you do at the beginning, if you so want to, is choose the sex you wish to have at the beginning of your life. I know a few trans-peoples and if they were to make a choice at the beginning of their play of DayZ, they would probably choose the gender they associate with.

Where as in my case I chose female simply because I was curious how female weapon animations would be in DayZ, and also because i find females to be more of a "stealth" character, and it's hard for me to feel that was as a bulky male character. Now, in Arma 3 I will probably choose male as i'll be able to (hopefully) make my character as light and stealthy as possible.

That's fine if the game let's you actually change your gender even once. The game doesn't let you change your gender at all.

Also, imagine the following scenario: You're mtf trans, but you're not out of the closet yet. If you choose male, you're bound to male for life, and you'll have to buy the game again. If you choose female, then your friends are going to find out.

I don't think he would respond, but it would be fucking golden if he responded.

This is hilarious trolling.

1) You cannot rewrite core DNA and

2) Is changing sex really a priority in a zombie apocalypse? :)

I don't think he would respond' date=' but it would be fucking golden if he responded.

[/quote']

I can only imagine his face.

wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think he would respond' date=' but it would be fucking golden if he responded.

[/quote']

I would fucking pay that man double his yearly salary if he posted spiderman.

OP has NEVER played Day Z otherwise they'd know that they can choose their GENDER/SEX everytime they RESPAWN and being a noob you would probably see the respawn screen a lot more then the rest of us so you will have plenty of chances to change your sex.

Buy the game AGAIN? You can't even buy it once you moron because it's not a game, it's a MOD of a game, and it's free so you better appreciate it fool!

OP has NEVER played Day Z otherwise they'd know that they can choose their GENDER/SEX everytime they RESPAWN

tumblr_m6t1yotBf61r8y3ep.jpg

This is hilarious trolling.

1) You cannot rewrite core DNA and

2) Is changing sex really a priority in a zombie apocalypse? :)

Oh look, another 'I disagree with you so I'm going to call you a troll'.

If it was just a gender selection screen, then there wouldn't be any fuss. But the developer went out of his way to code a system so that you can't change your sex. It actually takes more effort to make it so that you can't change something rather than change it. And there's this giant warning and binding to CD keys. Rocket is forcing his own beliefs on everyone.

[/quote']

I can only imagine his face.

wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

or this

3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

jGVVC.jpg

OP has NEVER played Day Z otherwise they'd know that they can choose their GENDER/SEX everytime they RESPAWN

Buy the game AGAIN? You can't even buy it once you moron because it's not a game' date=' it's a MOD of a game, and it's free so you better appreciate it fool!

[/quote']

It clearly says that it is permanent and bound to CD key. Buy the again again? YES, you have to buy arma again and get a different CD key.

And I'd like a response back from Rocket on why he thinks it's okay to use a mod as an appropriate venue to insult transgenderism.

It clearly says that it is permanent and bound to CD key. Buy the again again? YES' date=' you have to buy arma again and get a different CD key.

[/quote']

You there, play the game, you choose gender on every respawn right now

You people are an abomination. You people disgust me. It is unquestionably demented, demonic and grossly obscene.

God loves everyone, but as long as you continue in sin… and yes, it is a sin… God reserves the harshest words possible to describe it… AN ABOMINATION… you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. But if you repent and turn away from sin, God is willing and just to forgive you of your sin.

Homosexuality needs to be illegal again. Homosexuality is perversion and Satan owns all perversion. Homosexuals are very sick people. God destroys homosexuals from cover to cover in his Word because Satan owns the lifestyle.

The Church of Jesus Christ rejects your wicked, lying perverted ideology as an affront to God Almighty. We will not stand by silently or stand still passively while you vomit out your support for an abomination which in past times drew the destructive wrath of God upon the ancient cities of the plain. To this day the land these cities sat upon is desolate.

We reject your religious blasphemy and denounce your misuse of the Lord Jesus Christ’s words as justification for the perversion of God’s holy ordinance. We will not go and pray, but we will pray and fight, speak out and speak against this wickedness you have given life to until there is only ONE God over this nation again.

We will fight your religious cohorts, false prophets and the spiritually diseased churches that give you and this poison sanctuary

And I'd like a response back from Rocket on why he thinks it's okay to use a mod as an appropriate venue to insult transgenderism.

Bro, forgetting Spiderman, I think you missed the point we are all telling you.

Let me make this super-clear.

NOBODY GIVES ANY FUCKS.

Hi, actual transgirl here from the internets. I was linked to this thread on GameSurge IRC, I have played DayZ maybe once or twice.

Pic if anyone cares: http://i.imgur.com/rmZ7v.jpg

This thread isn't about me though. It's about the original poster.

I have come here to inform you that the OP has no fucking clue what they are talking about. This is not a transgender issue, fuck, it's not even an LGBT issue if it wasn't obvious already. It's a fucking video game.

Gender is a non issue in DayZ because it's a fucking zombie apocalypse.

You think that during all of this shenanigans going on in the fictional world of DayZ that you would be obsessed with LGBT issues? Fuck everything at that point, get a shotgun, blow motherfuckers up. Who gives a shit what gender you are, you're not gonna take female or male fucking hormones in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. You're gonna fight for survival.

Now that the realistic issue is out of the way, let's visit our past.

Do you have an issue with Lara Croft being a woman all the time?

No?

I didn't fucking think so. If anything the OP would be up in arms that Lara Croft was portrayed as a lesbian and think that is insulting to LGBT issues.

But, it goes beyond that.

People can identify as whatever the fuck they want, I know some people that identify as horses, fuckin' bronies or whatever you call them. And PS: Fuck the OP for trying to group everyone into a mid-gender group.

We're not all people who want to be like "LOL I HAVE A DICK", some of us want to fit into society like a normal fucking human being and people like you who attempt to 'defend' transwomen as not being a man or a woman are fucking atrocities as human beings for telling someone else what they actually are. You know, I can respect people that want to be a middle gender. I really can. But at the end of the day we just want to be considered normal. Bringing this shit up to be something abnormal that everyone else should accept is pushing us further away from our goals.

So, here's to you, OP. You took a subject that is a non-issue and turned it into one.

You defined me as something I am not.

Fuck you.