admin@glados.cc

Day Z is insulting to LGBT people

I like how everyone just derails the thread with spiderman and fluttershy.

Cause even transgenders are disagreeing with you.

e59.jpg

Explain to me WHY rocket would go all this extra effort AND WARN PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN'T CHANGE THEIR GENDER?

Holy shit' date=' like you're actually serious with this thread?

He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life. He didn't want people swapping back and forth on a whim.

I think you're reading way to far into this.

[/quote']

What is wrong with swapping gender on a whim? It's not a choice the developer should force, it's an individual's choice. What if I decide that I want to be the other gender once.

GENDER IS NOT A BIG DECISION IN LIFE THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE. YOU CAN CHANGE IT, AND YOU SHOULD BE FREE TO CHANGE IT. What is wrong with all you people?

I'm ignoring all the hate speech trolls, by the way. You're not going to offend me to boost your e-peen.

Cross dressing or gender blending is not changing your gender. We're all free to express ourselves in any way we wish. But gender changing is somewhat final. When you undergo sexual reassignment surgeries, and take hormones/testosterone... you've made your choice. Doctors won't just revert these things on a whim. People don't physically go from one gender to another and then back to the original all the time.

This would only really be an issue in my eyes if the avatar system was extremely complex but still didn't support males weaing female clothing or makeup and the other way around. But, the game is nowhere near that level of detail, so just wait. Or suggest this be added. Coming on here posting this thread is not the right way to go about it.

Crossdressing is changing your gender. Sex reassignment surgeries are one time things, but Day Z makes it a zero time thing by preventing you from changing it ever.

Also, males can't wear female suits and females can't wear male suits, so please know what you're talking about before your speak.

e59.jpg

ngbbs4facc20624d64.png

e59.jpg

SpidermanGuitar.jpg

One person called 'wisp' is disagreeing with me. Oh' date=' and people never lie on the internet, right? Right? /sarcasm.

[hr']

Obvious troll is obvious....

"I disagree with someone, therefore I'm going to troll by calling someone a troll."

Explain to me WHY rocket would go all this extra effort AND WARN PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN'T CHANGE THEIR GENDER?

He warned us because it's supposed to be a big decision. Just like being something other than a persons born gender is a big decision in their life. He didn't want people swapping back and forth on a whim.

[/quote']

What is wrong with swapping gender on a whim? It's not a choice the developer should force, it's an individual's choice. What if I decide that I want to be the other gender once.

GENDER IS NOT A BIG DECISION IN LIFE THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE. YOU CAN CHANGE IT, AND YOU SHOULD BE FREE TO CHANGE IT. What is wrong with all you people?

I'm ignoring all the hate speech trolls, by the way. You're not going to offend me to boost your e-peen.

Cross dressing or gender blending is not changing your gender. We're all free to express ourselves in any way we wish. But gender changing is somewhat final. When you undergo sexual reassignment surgeries, and take hormones/testosterone... you've made your choice. Doctors won't just revert these things on a whim. People don't physically go from one gender to another and then back to the original all the time.

This would only really be an issue in my eyes if the avatar system was extremely complex but still didn't support males weaing female clothing or makeup and the other way around. But, the game is nowhere near that level of detail, so just wait. Or suggest this be added. Coming on here posting this thread is not the right way to go about it.

Crossdressing is changing your gender. Sex reassignment surgeries are one time things, but Day Z makes it a zero time thing by preventing you from changing it ever.

Also, males can't wear female suits and females can't wear male suits, so please know what you're talking about before your speak.

here's the thing. Transgenders usually, when they change, decide to be the sex that they are the moment they change, and usually remain that way forever. They don't change every day, or every other month. They are usually born one way, and switch to another way, and call it a day/life.

What you do at the beginning, if you so want to, is choose the sex you wish to have at the beginning of your life. I know a few trans-peoples and if they were to make a choice at the beginning of their play of DayZ, they would probably choose the gender they associate with.

Where as in my case I chose female simply because I was curious how female weapon animations would be in DayZ, and also because i find females to be more of a "stealth" character, and it's hard for me to feel that was as a bulky male character. Now, in Arma 3 I will probably choose male as i'll be able to (hopefully) make my character as light and stealthy as possible.

One person called 'wisp' is disagreeing with me. Oh' date=' and people never lie on the internet, right? Right? /sarcasm.

[hr']

"I disagree with someone' date=' therefore I'm going to troll by calling someone a troll."

[/quote']

ec8.png

[hr']

"I disagree with someone' date=' therefore I'm going to troll by calling someone a troll."

[/quote']

actually there is another person I asked personally if they thought this was stupid. They also agreed.

So that would be two people. >-> Which still is 2 against 1. Thus making my argument win.

What is wrong with swapping gender on a whim? It's not a choice the developer should force' date=' it's an individual's choice. What if I decide that I want to be the other gender once. [/quote']

Um. If you can find me a transgender person that wants to swap *back*, let me know.

Also, where did the LGB in your post come from?.. Isn't this sort of.. about..?

Moreover, let's define a few terms here:

Sex: The biological/physical aspects of male/female

Gender: The mental/societally perceived aspects of male/female

You choose your /sex/ in DayZ merely to change the following things:

- What skins you can wear (because these are models, and there are mostly male ones right now because that's what ArmA has)

- What noises you make

That's it. It's really not that big of a deal. If a transgender person like myself were to run across this game, in all likelihood, they'd pick the gender they /wanted/. So why does it matter to you? This is not exactly the most important fight out there, so why do you choose it?

It's NOT some grand political statement by the gamemaker, it's a gameplay mechanic that happens to be wrapped around the way the ArmA engine and DayZ's manipulation of it works, because it's the easy way out. I'd rather see Rocket spend time on meaningful features than creating a system that would allow me to swap my gender in-game. Seriously.

The developer of Day Z' date=' Rocket or Dean Hall, is inflicting his own outdated and insulting beliefs to everyone who plays Day Z.

At launch, you get a GIANT warning of how your gender is ONE TIME and is permanently bound. You can never change it.

This is just downright pathetic. [b']First of all, gender is not binary. There are many people who identify themselves as something other than male or female, but I won't get into that.

Secondly, gender is not static. People can, and do change their sex / gender, and it's their choice. I'm not trans, but I fully support their cause of expressing themselves.

But if I played Day Z prior to that, I'll be forced to be male - something I don't want to be. There's a reason why there are sex changes. Gender is not static, it can be changed.

The developer of Day Z instead insists that it cannot be changed for no valid reason other than personal beliefs. The developer is also an employee of Bohemia Interactive, and can be said to represent ARMA in a way.

Bohemia should do the right thing and fire Dean Hall, for going against the LGBT movement and imposing his own anti-transgender beliefs. But what you can do is, don't buy Day Z. It's not worth it. And don't support an anti-LGBT company / individual. Support companies like Google who give you the option of selecting a non-binary gender, not selecting one at all, and changing it whenever you like.

Hey dumbass, leave.

[/quote']

Wow, you missed the part where I said "IF THE AVATAR SYSTEM WAS EXTREMELY COMPLEX...." which it is not. There's like 5 pre made models to chose from right now. Rocket isn't preventing the girls from wearing ghillies, it's a game engine thing. If he wants girls to wear ghillie suits, he has to modify a model or create a whole new one. There are more important things at this stage of game development.

Also, SRS is a one time thing, and in DayZ you get to pick your gender pre-birth. Something the real world isn't blessed with. So I can't really understand why you would want to change it again.

at first i was like wtf /facepalm what a complete moron not another one of these threads, but then the mod let us troll and even helped and then i was like :D WOOOOOOOOOOO

btw guess what op

enhanced-buzz-28070-1306283104-89.jpg

If you want to look like a guy, bam! go male, want boobs, BAM pick female, upset with your choice, go die. no really just die, you can select your new male or female in your next life.

You sir/madam/it have been appeased by the great gods of DayZ, Tin Can, and Empty Soda Can, bath in their glory and allow them to help guide you in your quest of gender epicness.

Damnit you guys actually started legit arguing with the troll.

Let's go Spiderman, we have done enough here...

22990434.jpg

[hr']

[/quote']

tumblr_ltjuohvigT1r4u70yo1_500.jpg

Troll attempt or not, I'm just mildly glad that we got something a little more original than another one of those "hay, I'm going to parrot some line about carebears/kiddies so I look hardcore on the internets!" threads.

So cheers to you, Xapped, you glorious bastard, you!