Kirvin

Why does this game have so many idiots?

Ive travelled a lot and found one true constant that also transpires to be true for the internet.

The percentage of assholes* is same everywhere.

*definition of asshole is someone who acts like a jerk to anyone they don't know

In a post apocalyptic world, you would be a jerk to anyone you don't know.

Survival of the fittest, seems to be the name of the game here. If you aren't willing to pull the trigger first, you aren't fit.

The closing chapter of humanity:

One man left. Trying to re-populate the world. With his hand.

~Life finds a way~

In a post apocalyptic world' date=' you would be a jerk to anyone you don't know.

Survival of it's fittest, seems to be the name of the game here. If you aren't willing to pull the trigger first, you aren't fit.

[/quote']

This is so rotten attitude, than it almos make me sick. Only minority is that rotten ecosentric a-hole, so dont everybody are rotten as you.

This is so rotten attitude' date=' than it almos make me sick. Only minority is that rotten ecosentric a-hole, so dont everybody are rotten as you.[/quote']

If the way a person plays a game invokes such emotion, I would definitely make a recommendation to either try to relax more and enjoy it, find a way to work around it, or to find other games which may suit your tastes better. And before anyone mentioned that English isn't your second language, I don't have to completely understand you, to know that your post carries a lot of emotional weight to it.

It is, after all, just a game. When playing gets too emotional, you always have the ability to turn it off.

TKJ

This is so rotten attitude' date=' than it almos make me sick. Only minority is that rotten ecosentric a-hole, so dont everybody are rotten as you.[/quote']

If the way a person plays a game invokes such emotion, I would definitely make a recommendation to either try to relax more and enjoy it, find a way to work around it, or to find other games which may suit your tastes better. And before anyone mentioned that English isn't your second language, I don't have to completely understand you, to know that your post carries a lot of emotional weight to it.

It is, after all, just a game. When playing gets too emotional, you always have the ability to turn it off.

TKJ

I can understand his frustration, to be honest. As you said, its best to be a bit more abstract about this mod, but it sucks when you spend an hour gathering up supplies and some griefer snipes you from a roof just for kicks.

I can understand his frustration' date=' to be honest. As you said, its best to be a bit more abstract about this mod, but it sucks when you spend an hour gathering up supplies and some griefer snipes you from a roof just for kicks.

[/quote']

No doubt. I like to look to the bigger picture, overall.

One, gameplay may change. It may not. Rocket has already said that this is (currently) more of a 'social experiment' to him. It's undeniable to say that, with all of the new-found popularity, he may now have more incentive to make a more 'rounded' game, or to implement changes.

As it is still in its infancy, and with the 'life expectancy' as low as it is, nobody should be looking for their players in this game to be 'long term'. It is - here and now - a survival mod, and there are currently no other more important goals than to stay alive as long as possible.

TKJ

"Why does this game have so many idiots?"

Seem's kind of obvious. Just replace "game" with world and you have your answer :)

The quality of a game's player base is inversely proportional to its size. That, and Day Z has been featured on Kotaku, and that never brings anything but the bottom of the barrel.

Seem's kind of obvious. Just replace "game" with world and you have your answer :)

OMG' date=' he DOES EXIST!! ;)

The quality of a game's player base is inversely proportional to its size. That, and Day Z has been featured on Kotaku, and that never brings anything but the bottom of the barrel.

That's not a fair assumption. I read Ko--- Oh, right.

TKJ

In a post apocalyptic world' date=' you would be a jerk to anyone you don't know.

Survival of it's fittest, seems to be the name of the game here. If you aren't willing to pull the trigger first, you aren't fit.

[/quote']

This is so rotten attitude, than it almos make me sick. Only minority is that rotten ecosentric a-hole, so dont everybody are rotten as you.

You think i'm really like this in real life? I'm here for the roll play, my character just so happens to be:

A part of a small group of 3 people that only care about our own immediate survival. If you have something we need, you die. If you get in our way, you die. If you fall into our trap, it's because we need something; see the first rule.

Maybe i'll switch rolls to be a do-gooder. Until then, you die.

Just in case you didn't know, this is a psychological game. I intend to mind-fuck everyone. No hard feelings, bro.

This is a good idea but i would kick it up a notch, if you've seen "in time" but the cops in this movie never carry more "time" than they need to survive their next shift, so they would not get attacked.

Once you got a tent you should hide it well and store your med supplies in it and then only come out with, lets say 1 transfusion kit and one bandage at a time, and nothing else.

Also stick the same server always.

This way peoples will quickly learn that you are not worth the bullets spent killing you , as you never carry more than what is strictly needed for the next job.

This is a good idea but i would kick it up a notch' date=' if you've seen "in time" but the cops in this movie never carry more "time" than they need to survive their next shift, so they would not get attacked.

Once you got a tent you should hide it well and store your med supplies in it and then only come out with, lets say 1 transfusion kit and one bandage at a time, and nothing else.

Also stick the same server always.

This way peoples will quickly learn that you are not worth the bullets spent killing you , as you never carry more than what is strictly needed for the next job.

[/quote']

If more people did this, I won't have to kill as much.

This forum has been getting me sucked in. My current laptop won't run it so i'm picking up a XPS tower on saturday. I cannot wait to release my pre-designated character onto the world.

This way peoples will quickly learn that you are not worth the bullets spent killing you ' date=' as you never carry more than what is strictly needed for the next job.[/quote']

That. That's COLD. I like it.

This forum has been getting me sucked in. My current laptop won't run it so i'm picking up a XPS tower on saturday. I cannot wait to release my pre-designated character onto the world.

I know what you mean. It's nice to talk about it, but until you're breathing heavy and the zeds are bearing down on you, it's just talk.

:D

TKJ

Just hire/convince someone to work as muscle for you.

They don't need to be immediately visible.

If you want to help people, charity is a bad way to do it.

Armed charity is better.

My group is hunting bandits and helping individuals, but on the weekend we have more than 10 guys roaming around together.

No one is going to mess with 10 or 12 guys moving in tactical column and engaging as fireteams.

Find some friends to protect you while you do GOD's work.

Find some friends to protect you while you do GOD's work.

Seriously?

TKJ

Some bandit said killing noobs was "GOD's work", I thought it was funny, this is the flip side of the coin.

Why does this game have so many idiots? Because there are too many people and too many of them take themselves too seriously and because of it they take the comments of others too seriously.

It's a mod in alpha that is full of wigged out people who are experiencing a system shock because they've never played a game like this before.

I know what you mean. It's nice to talk about it' date=' but until you're breathing heavy and the zeds are bearing down on you, it's just talk.

:D

TKJ

[/quote']

True, it is just talk. Then again, I am a killer of my word. ;)

I think you misunderstand what the word "idiot" means.

An idiot is someone who is unintelligent, or retarded.

This is a game of survival, and when people hear you offering Blood Packs and all other sort of medical supplies, they are going to kill you for it.

Just because somebody misses 10 times with a Makarov doesn't mean he is an idiot, he's just unskillful.

People who kill you know they'll need more medical supplies in the future, and think that you may not have any at the time they need it, and decide to kill you so they can have all the medical supplies. It's just common sense really, specially in video games they aren't just going to take a blood pack and walk away, they would want more.

Why is this game so full of idiots? Because only idiots and bandits stay in elektro after finding good supplies.

So recently I have tried an experiment of working as a doctor in Cherno/Elektro. I empty my inventory of everything but bloodpacks and bandages' date=' drop my weapon and pack, then stand in the church and advertise that I'm just here to transfusion people. (Trying to reach 10000 humanity).

[/quote']

Haha read the title and expected some noob whining about bandits. But this was way more ironic and entertaining.

My line of thinking is like the wandering medics in Fallout. They wander around and heal people. Nobody fucks with them because they benefit everyone. But yeah people in this are dicks.

Benefit way more by just killing you and taking all your shit.

But yeah to be constructive. If I were you, I would set up shop outside, Get some buddies to protect me. Maybe one to two visible guards and one sniper off in the distance.