toaster_f

Exploiting Hacked Items, Admin Involvement - Seattle 13

Just to play devil's advocate here, does this really constitute hard proof? I'm not saying this is what you did, but it would be easy to set up a vent name with that name, and have that discussion. I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just saying this isn't irrefutable proof. It would be easy to fake.

Busting like a boss..nice work :cool:

Most definitely is. If this doesn't get their server blacklisted and their ID's banned, I don't know what will. This is just shocking. What do you really need to get someone banned? :-/

You assume the Dev team can ban people as they have said before they cannot do anything about battle eye this includes banning as well as lifting them. Unless the weapons have been modified to give infinite ammo battle eye won't ban them it's an automatic system.

Edited by Gaidoon

Just to play devil's advocate here, does this really constitute hard proof? I'm not saying this is what you did, but it would be easy to set up a vent name with that name, and have that discussion. I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just saying this isn't irrefutable proof. It would be easy to fake.

Easy. Take a snapshot of that Hive sql database. Look at the items that Nod^Sye had at the time of the provided kill screenshot (attachment deleted by forum transfer) and then on that same day , look at Deagle and company's inventories and backtrack the entirely illegal items? Better yet, backtrack his recently issued server-ban at the corresponding time and date. That's already term-breaking right there.

You assume the Dev team can ban people as they have said before they cannot do anything about battle eye this includes banning as well as lifting them. Unless the weapons have been modified to give infinite ammo battle eye won't ban them it's an automatic system.

Don't need to do that. Remove server from hive first, then issue a ban list across to all remaining hive-connected servers. This they CAN do as devs can run rcon on those servers. They can still play ARMA, just not DayZ on official servers.

Edited by Cent

I hate how people come with the 'Oh god he hacked in an internet game I'm sure he could murder someone now and he's a complete douchebag now oh my god wtf!' approach.

Seriously? It's a video game.

Fact is, yes, the admin hacked. Cool. He's most likely going to get banned for it, the OP and his friends will get their stuff refunded (I guess) and it's over with.

Atleast try to be a BIT mature when it comes to reports and try not to make assumptions of how much of a douchebag the guy is IRL and how much you want to see him dead because he hacked in a video game..

Yeah. I guess i take it far. But normally people here dont pull the whole hurr durr human rights hurr durr you cant do that because morals argument to defend themselves. Its just a shitty strawman argument.

Agreed

Nice one guys, not only do you miss my point entirely its also a good insight into the mob mentality here. At least Psyl3nt is capable of reading. (Nice to talk with you btw Psyl3nt, its always a refreshing change to meet someone online that displays intelligence.)My concerns are about players acting like games are serious business, to the point they are getting their spy on etc. Is a game ffs. Seriously some players need to give their computers away and go see a doctor for something to treat their paranoia. Theres something wrong when a fun pastime gets to the point that people are doing this shit.

Yeah. I guess i take it far. But normally people here dont pull the whole hurr durr human rights hurr durr you cant do that because morals argument to defend themselves. Its just a shitty strawman argument.

Again, its about people treating a pastime as if its a fucking murder. Personally, the fact that the hardcore are so extreme is actually off putting. Potentially, if you shoot the wrong person ingame you can find your personal details online in some fuckers rage thread.

Nice one guys, not only do you miss my point entirely its also a good insight into the mob mentality here. At least Psyl3nt is capable of reading. (Nice to talk with you btw Psyl3nt, its always a refreshing change to meet someone online that displays intelligence.)My concerns are about players acting like games are serious business, to the point they are getting their spy on etc. Is a game ffs. Seriously some players need to give their computers away and go see a doctor for something to treat their paranoia. Theres something wrong when a fun pastime gets to the point that people are doing this shit.

This is all irrelevant. Are you here to compliment yourself or something? Here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/circlejerk

Again, its about people treating a pastime as if its a fucking murder. Personally, the fact that the hardcore are so extreme is actually off putting. Potentially, if you shoot the wrong person ingame you can find your personal details online in some fuckers rage thread.

Wrong, this isn't what happened here. I almost feel like you posted in the wrong thread by accident. We both know that's not the case though. >.> Sigh.

Well he did not hack anything. He exploited by duping hacked items. Still bad but when someone commited armed assault don't put him on trial for murder. I do agree that as a server admin he should set an example and not take part of this. It does not look like he have the moral and ethical backbone to be in charge of a server. So his @hive should be bye bye.

fucking a, was wondering why this server kept restarting after deagle died.... ty for info added to blacklist.txt =)

Nah its more the aspect that any fucking mug that loses in game to someone can get raged about how they can't lose to anyone therefore their killer is a hacker can record people.

I am going to simply assume you're just a complete dumb shit and like argueing for the sake of argueing. Any mug who gets killed can call someone a hacker and record them? Are you fucking stupid? He was USING a hacked gun, DUPING the same gun over and over again simply so he could keep using the hacked in weapon. He openly admits to the fact that he and many of the members of the server are duping those items and the ammunition so they don't lose the weapon. He then ADMITS he is the admin of the seattle server and says he uses a silenced sniper rifle to keep people.

Why are you whining about this? Honestly? What kind of mouth-breather comes on the forums and says, Oh you guys caught a hacker! You people are all fucking stupid! Stop harrassing the person who is breaking the rules of the server and don't run to the cheat forums!

I have seen some seriously dense people come to these forums, everything from people openly admiting they hacked and don't understand they got banned to people just showing off their inbreeding. You my friend are a cut above and beyond the norm of stupidity that is here.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Edited by Tandwan
  • Like 3

I am going to simply assume you're just a complete dumb shit and like argueing for the sake of argueing. Any mug who gets killed can call someone a hacker and record them? Are you fucking stupid? He was USING a hacked gun, DUPING the same gun over and over again simply so he could keep using the hacked in weapon. He openly admits to the fact that he and many of the members of the server are duping those items and the ammunition so they don't lose the weapon. He then ADMITS he is the admin of the seattle server and says he uses a silenced sniper rifle to keep people.

Why are you whining about this? Honestly? What kind of mouth-breather comes on the forums and says, Oh you guys caught a hacker! You people are all fucking stupid! Stop harrassing the person who is breaking the rules of the server and don't run to the cheat forums!

I have seen some seriously dense people come to these forums, everything from people openly admiting they hacked and don't understand they got banned to people just showing off their inbreeding. You my friend are a cut above and beyond the norm of stupidity that is here.

wow, I mean i agree with you 100 percent but I didn't think you needed to rip into like that. I'm was thinking he prolly part of the group who was cheating or just a friend of the admin.

Thank you. I have no idea why this guy is even here arguing.

No idea. I don't think any action has ever been taken (yet) on a cheat report. Which kinda begs the question:

"Why does this forum exist?".

No idea. I don't think any action has ever been taken (yet) on a cheat report. Which kinda begs the question:

"Why does this forum exist?".

I'm pretty sure people are looking here, but you got to be realistic at this stage.

There are a lot of active server admins that look for reports on their servers, I know ours for instance if anything is mentioned here about hackers on the server we will take a proactive approach to dealing with the issue and we are not unique.

So keep on reporting.

Edited by Lumberjack
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure people are looking here, but you got to be realistic at this stage.

There are a lot of active server admins that look for reports on their servers, I know ours for instance if anything is mentioned here about hackers on the server we will take a proactive approach to dealing with the issue and we are not unique.

So keep on reporting.

Okay, that's good. But I don't think there's anyone who actually looks into admin abuse. Would love to see any example of that.