Sign in to follow this  
Sheldon (DayZ)

Using flares?

I've checked multiple guides and tutorials on how to use flares and chemlights but there doesn't seem to be anything listing the default key and a simple way of doing so.

Would anybody be able to give me a quick rundown on how to do so?

Thanks. (New player!)

Press F until it says Chemlight or Roadflare in the top right, use left click to throw and hold left click to throw farther.

Press 'f' until it says 'flares' in the top right corner. Then press the left mouse button to throw one. The longer you hold, the greater the distance. Make sure you have flares/chemlights in your inventory.

I've checked multiple guides and tutorials on how to use flares and chemlights but there doesn't seem to be anything listing the default key and a simple way of doing so.

Would anybody be able to give me a quick rundown on how to do so?

Thanks. (New player!)

Hitting F will cycle through your available "weapons" and this includes flares among other things. You will see the weapons cycle in the top right of your screen. When flares are selected, left click and hold for distance/power. Release to throw. And be sure to cycle back to your firearm, otherwise you'll be throwing flares at zombies.

Also, you can walk up to them and middle mouse wheel to the option to "pick up" and you'll carry it.

Don't really recommend carrying flares, but chemlights aren't so bad if you're roaming through the woods or something.

Speaking of chemlights, different colors have different light emitting distances. Blues are the best.