U.B.C.S. Ravin

How to farm loot. A guide to collecting what you want. (Outdated)

I am a tad confused, so please help me OP.

If I am alone: I need to clear all spawns, dump it in loot pile, and go at least 30 meters away from the spawn point. This will:

1) immediately regenerate all loot piles, and I can go right back without and delay

OR

2) I have to stay away for 10 minutes before the loot respawns?

If I am in a group: We need to clear all spawns, dump it in loot pile, and go at least 200 meters (not 30 meters) away from the spawn point. This will:

1) immediately regenerate all loot piles, and I can go right back without and delay

OR

2) Everyone has to stay away for 10 minutes before the loot respawns?

Tested on deer blind earlier. If you're alone you have to be 30m and wait 10 min

Edited by Virindi

I understand that loot respawns once you empty a building and go far enough for the building for 10 minutes, but I didnt get the part where you explained how you need to act with 2 players. Why is it different when you farm with 2 players instead of one?

I am a tad confused, so please help me OP.

If I am alone: I need to clear all spawns, dump it in loot pile, and go at least 30 meters away from the spawn point. This will:

OR

2) I have to stay away for 10 minutes before the loot respawns?

If I am in a group: We need to clear all spawns, dump it in loot pile, and go at least 200 meters (not 30 meters) away from the spawn point. This will:

OR

2) Everyone has to stay away for 10 minutes before the loot respawns?

Loot doesn't immediately respawn. You have to wait ten minutes if you are by yourself.

If you are with someone and loot timers are tied to them, they need to keep away from the building and you can sit inside of it clearing it out.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

I understand that loot respawns once you empty a building and go far enough for the building for 10 minutes, but I didnt get the part where you explained how you need to act with 2 players. Why is it different when you farm with 2 players instead of one?

The only difference is if someone who is inside the building has the loot timers on them, Loot will not respawn or spawn because of how its designed to prevent people from server hopping.

If you have two people, one person can stay inside while the loot is tied to the person outside. This allows you to have someone cover the doors and the person inside and allows you to streamline farming easier.

The only difference is if someone who is inside the building has the loot timers on them, Loot will not respawn or spawn because of how its designed to prevent people from server hopping.

If you have two people, one person can stay inside while the loot is tied to the person outside. This allows you to have someone cover the doors and the person inside and allows you to streamline farming easier.

Oh. The wiki article made me understand that when loot is spawning there must be no one in 200 meters of the building for 10 minutes for the loot to respawn.

So in reality there is just one person who has the 10 minute timer and the game only checks for HIM to be inside 30m of the building? How do you determine which person the timer is on and how exactly does the game detach the timer from the player when they leave the area / server? Can they go "too far" so the timer is set on the other player or what?

Ravin, thanks for maintaing this thread beside all the criticism raining down on you :)

Words are only words. People who do not actually understand what I am writing and just want to have a pissing contest about morals do not weigh down on me at all.

Oh. The wiki article made me understand that when loot is spawning there must be no one in 200 meters of the building for 10 minutes for the loot to respawn.

So in reality there is just one person who has the 10 minute timer and the game only checks for HIM to be inside 30m of the building? How do you determine which person the timer is on and how exactly does the game detach the timer from the player when they leave the area / server? Can they go "too far" so the timer is set on the other player or what?

If you leave the 200m zone, Zombies should despawn, when one person gets close, zombies will start to respawn. This will indicate that the closest person to the building caused those zombies to spawn. Its only connected to one person, whoever was closest to whatever building you are approaching first. If you are unsure, either leave 200m until the zombies despawn or log and relog-- Though I do not recommend relogging, however. Some admins may take this as 'Avoiding zombie aggro.' and so on. Your best bet is just to back off and have whoever is covering you run in first, nestle into a spot, then whoever is looting/clearing the building approach once the loot is tied to your first player.

• Like 1

Words are only words. People who do not actually understand what I am writing and just want to have a pissing contest about morals do not weigh down on me at all.

If you leave the 200m zone, Zombies should despawn, when one person gets close, zombies will start to respawn. This will indicate that the closest person to the building caused those zombies to spawn. Its only connected to one person, whoever was closest to whatever building you are approaching first. If you are unsure, either leave 200m until the zombies despawn or log and relog-- Though I do not recommend relogging, however. Some admins may take this as 'Avoiding zombie aggro.' and so on. Your best bet is just to back off and have whoever is covering you run in first, nestle into a spot, then whoever is looting/clearing the building approach once the loot is tied to your first player.

So the radius for keeping the timer on you is higher than the radius to stop the loot from spawning which allows the covering person to have the timer on him yet let the loot spawn inside. Now I get it.

This is a good guide, I always knew about the zombie spawn radius but this is new, thanks!

Yes. I think its like that now because Rocket or DayZ Dev. teams were attempting to prevent server hoppers in some way from just jumping in and looting barracks.

Basically, if one person jump into a barracks and loot hasn't generated, loot won't generate. New loot will not generate either and it forces the server hopper to leave the server or go away from the building for ten minutes, risking getting shot.

That would be my assumption.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Sorry But this guide is wrong, you don't need leave the place, i close balotar airport with 7 buds, and no one needs to leave, and the loot spawn, maybe im places less busy, you need go away, but i don't think so

I think something changed in the recent patch. I've been farming the barracks at NWAF for about 1.5 hours and got only shit to spawn there like makarov mags and empty tin cans. There was a tent outside the barracks so I think somebody was doing the same before me and just fed up and left.

Can't the mods just delete this crap ?

... huh?

Loot doesn't immediately respawn. You have to wait ten minutes if you are by yourself.

If you are with someone and loot timers are tied to them, they need to keep away from the building and you can sit inside of it clearing it out.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you. Two further questions if you don't mind.

1. Is there a way to determine who the loot is tied to? Or the first person who got with in the 30m radius is the likely person?

2. I am with Player B. Loot is tie to me. I take overwatch at 40 meters. Player B will now need to clear all piles. As long as he clears and then steps out 30+ meters (given that I am at 40m overwatch and stationary), loot should immediately respawn? Is this correct?

Thank you. Two further questions if you don't mind.

1. Is there a way to determine who the loot is tied to? Or the first person who got with in the 30m radius is the likely person?

2. I am with Player B. Loot is tie to me. I take overwatch at 40 meters. Player B will now need to clear all piles. As long as he clears and then steps out 30+ meters (given that I am at 40m overwatch and stationary), loot should immediately respawn? Is this correct?

1. The only way to determined who loot is tied to is to put the person in first who you want loot to be tied to within 200m of the target location.

2. No, loot will not immediately respawn. The person who is clearing the building never needs to leave the building if the loot is tied to the other player. Loot doesn't change over to who is closer, just who got closer to the building FIRST. Then it stays on them until they log out or get too far away from the building. So Person B will never have to leave the building, if you get to close as Person A, Loot will mess up and youll have to move away from the building and refresh who the loot is tied too.

• Like 1

I find myself already creating a predetermined route around cities to get loot, but never even thought about the whole cleaning the entire place out thing. Good advice OP.

Question. Is loot tied to the 'pickup' rather than just nothing being present? I saw someone mention earlier that you could pick up a loot pile and drop it right next to it to trigger the respawn. If that's true, could I go into one room, pick up the loot pile and drop it in another room in place of the loot pile in there instead of dropping it outside the building? Guess it's not a big deal, just trying to get an idea of how I can speed the process up so I don't get caught by a noob w/ a Dinner Bell. B)

Question. Is loot tied to the 'pickup' rather than just nothing being present? I saw someone mention earlier that you could pick up a loot pile and drop it right next to it to trigger the respawn. If that's true, could I go into one room, pick up the loot pile and drop it in another room in place of the loot pile in there instead of dropping it outside the building? Guess it's not a big deal, just trying to get an idea of how I can speed the process up so I don't get caught by a noob w/ a Dinner Bell. B)

I am not exactly sure if loot is tied to the building itself or the individual loot piles. I would assume if a building is a taller building, like lets say the school or marketplace, Loot may respawn if it takes you so long to clear out the whole building on your own. Ten minutes when you think about it ISN'T that long in a DayZ perspective.

In theory if the loot proximity is tied to loot piles and not the buildings, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have made loot piles inside of buildings before, but that's when I have had more than one person helping me cover a building.

1. The only way to determined who loot is tied to is to put the person in first who you want loot to be tied to within 200m of the target location.

2. No, loot will not immediately respawn. The person who is clearing the building never needs to leave the building if the loot is tied to the other player. Loot doesn't change over to who is closer, just who got closer to the building FIRST. Then it stays on them until they log out or get too far away from the building. So Person B will never have to leave the building, if you get to close as Person A, Loot will mess up and youll have to move away from the building and refresh who the loot is tied too.

VERY valuable information. You can have my beans. And maybe the sardines too. Does yoru clan/team/squad have a website I can look into?

VERY valuable information. You can have my beans. And maybe the sardines too. Does yoru clan/team/squad have a website I can look into?

We currently do not. Just a bunch of guys, and some girls, playing DayZ and having fun. We try to take our gameplay to the next level. Its really fun when you are attempting to hold down a entire city.

When I do post about the clan, it will likely be in the bandit campfire

I am not exactly sure if loot is tied to the building itself or the individual loot piles. I would assume if a building is a taller building, like lets say the school or marketplace, Loot may respawn if it takes you so long to clear out the whole building on your own. Ten minutes when you think about it ISN'T that long in a DayZ perspective.

In theory if the loot proximity is tied to loot piles and not the buildings, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have made loot piles inside of buildings before, but that's when I have had more than one person helping me cover a building.

Sounds like I have some testing to do when I get home tonight. Thanks again for the very informative thread.

Fourth Edit with video and random misc stuff in it.

This should help people visualize what is going on better.

Thanks a lot Ravin :) Understanding loot spawns has taken away a huge frustration I had with this game.

I must say that this seems very efficient and cool with a decent group of players. But jesus it removes all purpose of the game. Might as well play the call of duty zombie mod, kill players and zombies alike with all the guns you need. I cant judge people on how they want to play games, but these removes all purpose of playing this game. We're a few guys rolling with a posse as well, and we're never done anything like that, seems boring and slightly exploitable.

We roll through bigger cities and NW airfield instead in our bus, yeah we attract a crowd, but thats part of the excitement.

But the tips about how the loot spawn and how zombies spawn are very nice, been wondering that ourselves.

Edited by KenobiDK