Being new to this game, I am sorry if this is already in place. But are there any announcements to server status or planned downtime? If not it would be great to have. And also thank you for this great MOD, Best game I've played in years!

Database server is down it appears. Everyone is stuk at server response screen...

From the DayZ Dev Twitter Account:

Try another server. We had security issues so main system rebooted. So some server admins haven't caught up. Try another server :)

Thanks Jonas! Is there a server status page I cant find it :(

The servers are being worked on at the back end right now. Be patient and all will be well.

Thanks for update

The servers are being worked on at the back end right now. Be patient and all will be well.

Thanks for update

That was like 7 hours ago. Might not be the same issue.

Is there a server status page or announcement for Downtime though?

There is no Server Status page.

Best thing I can point you to is the Dev Twitter, which as previously stated was last updated 7 hours ago:

http://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

Rocket never expected the servers to go above 600 people on at the same time and the servers have recently peaked at 5000 users connected at once. He is currently investing all his dev time on handling server population. I should also add he works for Bohemia, the creators of Arma 2 as his day job and does this mostly in his spare time. This is a free mod in alpha, not a subscription based mmo.

There is no Server Status page.

Best thing I can point you to is the Dev Twitter' date=' which as previously stated was last updated 7 hours ago:

http://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

Rocket never expected the servers to go above 600 people on at the same time and the servers have recently peaked at 5000 users connected at once. He is currently investing all his dev time on handling server population. I should also add he works for Bohemia, the creators of Arma 2 as his day job and does this mostly in his spare time. This is a free mod in alpha, not a subscription based mmo.

[/quote']

I understand its not yet a subscription based, but they have a thread out for how they should best implement this (ALPHA) mod for sale. So they are trying to make money off this. Which I don't have a complaint about, but really server/game update page is basic.. Along with not constantly swearing at your (ALPHA) testers/players. Obviously the game is popular and obviously, they want to make money on this So treat it as such.. A business. Start to integrate Customer service aspect to the MOD

PLEASE FIX THIS DAMN WAITING FOR SERVER RESPONSE!

You Sir have to calm down. Its Alpha...do you except a 24/7 working game in alpha state? Srsly...

You Sir have to calm down. Its Alpha...do you except a 24/7 working game in alpha state? Srsly...

Me? If so I am calm, very much so. I stated basic suggestions to help this MOD. Don't take me the wrong way. Like I said this is the best game I have played in years! But if you plan on marketing it, do so like a business if you plan on selling it..

I ment arlt' date=' sorry.

[/quote']

Np he was just a flamer, easily ignored.

We all agree that it's Alpha, but a Dev should have communicated the problems we're experiencing, and what they're doing to fix it? Otherwise, we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

Actually, no, that's not what a dev should do. A dev should work on fixing the problem, not focus on how the community feels.

That's also a paid dev. A dev doing work out of his free time can snort coke off his keyboard and there'd be no justification for complaining.