outcast569

No ability to defend

Oh so this isnt a QQ thread about being a scrub or anything, and its not me getting too attached to my gear. I could care less.

What this is about is players logging in and getting shot before they finish loading in. How are they supposed to protect themselves?

Ive had this happen about 20 some odd times now and am curious as to how others survive. Because I know I dont. Im dead before I can move my mouse or even finish loading the graphics in.

Also, screw you if you shoot on site. Id love to see what would happen to you if you ever tried that for real.

Can you give us some examples as to where you are killed by logging in?

Remember: If players are given perks like invincibility or some other life saving perk, then it will be abused during gun-fights. By aborting and re-joining.

Well theres got to be at least one downside to server hopping, right?

To avoid this, dont log off anywhere hot, get out in the woods and do it in a tree or a bush. It doesnt have to be too far, just lie down anywhere where its uncommon for another player to be looking and you should be fine.

It actually adds a little bit of realism if you think of logging off as your character going to sleep, you gotta find someplace secure to rest till the next day. You take a nap in the middle of cherno and you aint gonna wake up.

Ahh, Ezekiel, that sounds good. There should be some information about this though. Maybe the character is visible 20 seconds before you can move it but it has to say somewhere that when logging in your char is vulnerable for that time.

I guess it's more realistic that way, it's like choosing a good place to sleep before leaving the game. In real life you don't sleep in the middle of the battlefield in iraq right? So next time, try to be wise and find a good spot to disconnect from the game ;)

Has happened to me. I hid off in the woods, logged out, came back in after eating only to spawn in unconscious, bleeding and then hearing the final gun shot to my face.

Apparently someone else had seen me spawn in (When you spawn in - even prone, your character appears to stand for a second) and killed me. Lost a LMG and some other good stuff.

Tested it with my crew of 6. Does it every time.

I could care less.

So what you're saying is you have the potential to care even less than you do already' date=' therefore hinting that you actually do have some level of attachment to your gear. Unless, of course, you meant you [b']couldn't care less... which would actually make sense, given the context of your post.

What this is about is players logging in and getting shot before they finish loading in. How are they supposed to protect themselves?

Never once had this issue. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your position before you log out in the future.

Also' date=' screw you if you shoot on site.

[/quote']

why should i trust you, or anyone else not to shoot me instead?

Id love to see what would happen to you if you ever tried that for real.

/facepalm ........ this is why we play a sim here...

Never had this experience. I always log off in the forest, under a tree.

You shouldn't log off in a dangerous area, like Cyric said. But even in the forest you're never *really* safe, of course. But it's highly unlikely you'll get shot there.

I have never been shot as soon as I logged in or started a fresh character.

If it is happening as you start a new character, switch to a different server that doesn't contain this type of player.

If it happens when you log out alive and then come back, make sure you log out in the middle of the woods or someplace else that isn't at a loot spot.

If I ever am looting somewhere and see somebody log in right in front of me, I wouldn't even think twice about shooting them instantly.

I've only died before spawning in once, which happened because I logged off in the middle of a high value when I was abruptly invited to see a the new spiderman movie. Logged back in and died before I finished loading.

In every single other login, though, I've never died. Make sure you're in the woods, inside a bushy tree when you log out and you won't have any issues.

Has happened to me. I hid off in the woods' date=' logged out, came back in after eating only to spawn in unconscious, bleeding and then hearing the final gun shot to my face.

Apparently someone else had seen me spawn in (When you spawn in - even prone, your character appears to stand for a second) and killed me. Lost a LMG and some other good stuff.

Tested it with my crew of 6. Does it every time.

[/quote']

i like how you guys just skipped reading this and keep telling him to log out in the bushes....

Has happened to me. I hid off in the woods' date=' logged out, came back in after eating only to spawn in unconscious, bleeding and then hearing the final gun shot to my face.

[/quote']

Never happened to me, maybe I was just lucky up till now or maybe I avoided servers that looked like they had hackers on them.

Anyway in most MMOs or persistant online worlds there usually is some kind of invulnerability buff that flags you as unattackable for 10-20s, I think that is what the TO and others are looking/asking for.

Check out this suggestion thread, you are not alone with this idea.

All I can say is get away from a place where people or zombies will likely kill you/be; typically go almost anywhere where there's some trees...

Well reading what people have said logging off inside a house on the outskirts of a town seems like a bad idea now... Tomorrow is going to be fun for me T_T