More myths need busting! Hope you continue these!

ps. One remark about the editing; I would try to time the 'busted' / 'confirmed' animation more in sync with the sounds you chose for them (maybe even cue sound slightly earlier than the text?). The way it is now it's less comical, if you now what I mean. The sound comes to late. It should be like a punchline, in your face type of thing.

will standing at the top of a ladder keep the zombies from making it up? Also its cool someone made a video about all this. Pretty funny.

More myths need busting! Hope you continue these!

ps. One remark about the editing; I would try to time the 'busted' / 'confirmed' animation more in sync with the sounds you chose for them (maybe even cue sound slightly earlier than the text?). The way it is now it's less comical, if you now what I mean. The sound comes to late. It should be like a punchline, in your face type of thing.

I'm confused, the sound clip is synced with the flash of it, how is that out of sync?

I'm confused, the sound clip is synced with the flash of it, how is that out of sync?

What I meant was that the 'busted' or 'confirmed' sequence could be more in sync> now you first see and read 'busted' and then you hear the sound of bones cracking.

I think it would be better if you hear the sound first (loud) and then you read busted. Understand what I mean? Just a small thing I noticed and my personal opinion anyways

Some audio roadbumps, but good testing and a good video. Would like to see more.

Some people think it's a myth that can impacts can send other players into shock (they can). I've heard they can also knock other players unconscious, but am not sure how.

Is it true that different bullet impact locations on the body do different amounts of damage? Does a zombie take 2 makarov bullets to the chest but three to the toe? What about players?

Does hitting a cow hurt your car? What about zombies? Rabbits?

Can the Ural really take down every kind of tree without taking any damage at all?

Can you reload the gun on a Huey?

These are some things my mates and I are puzzled about. I've heard both sides of them on these forums; they could make good myths for testing.

Can you reload the gun on a Huey?

I can confirm that you can reload the gun on the huey if you have the ammo for it.. It works just like any other weapon except you can't run with it.. If you got ammo for it you can reload it..

What I meant was that the 'busted' or 'confirmed' sequence could be more in sync> now you first see and read 'busted' and then you hear the sound of bones cracking.

I think it would be better if you hear the sound first (loud) and then you read busted. Understand what I mean? Just a small thing I noticed and my personal opinion anyways

Ah, I see now. I think I'm just going to do it the way I did for the first episode, stream the editing and see what people think about certain things.

I was a part of the huge original "<insert video game here> Mythbusters" movement way back in Halo 3's prime (When Halo 3 Mythbusters was the big thing.) that later turned into Defend the House (if any of you know of that YouTube channel), and I always love seeing new Mythbusters series!

I like the choice of music solely because it is unobtrusive, similarly to how Defend the House did it.

Edited by McSlaughter

I've watched a few Mythbuster Vids by Defend the House for various games over the years.

I used to link it for my friends to watch and they loved it.

PsiSyndicate, your style is just as good and we would love to see another one soon :)

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I was a part of the huge original "<insert video game here> Mythbusters" movement way back in Halo 3's prime (When Halo 3 Mythbusters was the big thing.) that later turned into Defend the House (if any of you know of that YouTube channel), and I always love seeing new Mythbusters series!

I like the choice of music solely because it is unobtrusive, similarly to how Defend the House did it.

That's more or less what I based my choice on, since they don't do them anymore, I don't see why I can't do a pretty similar thing for DayZ.

Awesome!

Just one bone to pick about this latest one:

Myth 1: Your myth was about destruction from "one shot", but you never specified what kind of shot. You use the anti-materiel rifle, a ridiculously powerful gun, but fail to show us that shooting the vehicle somewhere other than the engine block will not blow it up; with a gun that strong, it's a legitimate concern. I'd have also liked to see some small arms fire into the engine block to show whether any old bullet will one-shot a car.

That's all I have. Absolutely amazing testing with the zombie-can-kill and the jerry-can-fire; I was really surprised those were true!

Edited by Techercizer

Awesome!

Just one bone to pick about this latest one:

Myth 1: Your myth was about destruction from "one shot", but you never specified what kind of shot. You use the anti-materiel rifle, a ridiculously powerful gun, but fail to show us that shooting the vehicle somewhere other than the engine block will not blow it up; with a gun that strong, it's a legitimate concern. I'd have also liked to see some small arms fire into the engine block to show whether any old bullet will one-shot a car.

That's all I have. Absolutely amazing testing with the zombie-can-kill and the jerry-can-fire; I was really surprised those were true!

Yeah, I was unsure how I really conducted it, but I didn't really want to stretch out too much, so I just left it as it was. Hopefully people realise that something like an M24 wouldn't have a chance of doing anything like that.

Yeah, I was unsure how I really conducted it, but I didn't really want to stretch out too much, so I just left it as it was. Hopefully people realise that something like an M24 wouldn't have a chance of doing anything like that.

The rest of the video was spot on. Better than I had imagined it could be. I can't believe jerry cans actually light on fire when damaged!

Next myth involving tin cans, can they kill survivors?

Next myth involving tin cans, can they kill survivors?

I have something for you. You can damage other players with throwing objects at them. Tin cans, smoke grenades and even flares and chemlights.

You can even break their bones and kill them when they are low on health. Test it yourself. Its funny.

Edited by Bitey

Great vids! :D

Didn't know some of the thing's in the second vid. Very useful info. Cheers.