copper2010

How can I find myself on a in-game map?

So, I found a map in game, and thought I would use it to find the international airport. Only problem is, I can't see myself! Best of all, I'm lost. I have seen myself before as a blue arrow, so I know I can see myself on a map. Did I press some button to disable the arrow, or is it only on some servers? Or maybe I'm going crazy? I don't know. Can someone help me out here?

You can't see yourself on the map. You have to use your compass, street signs etc to navigate yourself. Maybe some servers have enabled it so you can see yourself on the map, but not sure about that.

Or find a GPS I have found them in control towers and deer stands good luck. The way you see the blue arrow is server side its cadet mode.

Look for landmarks, that should help you out. If you find a compass it will be much easier for you.

As previous users stated, seeing yourself on the map is a server setting.

Me and my friends usually find a town and check the name, then we know where we are.

I also printed out a 1x1m Chernarus map and laid it in my room in case I die and lose mine.

Was that removed from all servers?

Some allow you to see yourself. You'll be the red... thing. Arrow/circle.

You can also use peaks, valleys, and open fields to find yourself on the map. The map uses contour lines which represent elevation. So terrain is easy to identify if you get a good look at the land around. The little islands on the coast are also good identifiers. Nothing beats a street sign though.