djshauny1

who wants the spawn weapon back

As a new player never having a gun ever before I am ok with.. but a knife would be great who doesn't like a noob knife fight at shoreline.. ROFL

And that is more or less why they removed guns from fresh spawns.

I vote no to a gun but I think at least having a hatchet would be useful but maybe not a 100% chance on spawn. Right now i have worked myself from Kemenka to Pavlovo with a AK with one clip. Spent the clip right after I found the dam thing. Now I am sneaking around like a little bitch trying to not get killed......I'm so scared

LOL I just found everything i need compass, bino, gun, hatchet.. but now i might die from hunger ROFL.. I can't find anymore and have no matches or knife so can't hunt for food.. HAHAHA

Game makes me laugh so hard.. i love it..

Time to hide the gear and respawn me thinks.. LOL

it would be awesome to implement a new system in which if someone post again something related to starting the game with a weapon, he gets autobanned for life...

i hate this threads... there are always noobs that keep pushing on this.. and it WONT HAPPEN!!! SO STOP CREATING THREADS COMPLAINTING ABOUT THIS!!!

it would be awesome to implement a new system in which if someone post again something related to starting the game with a weapon' date=' he gets autobanned for life...

i hate this threads... there are always noobs that keep pushing on this.. and it WONT HAPPEN!!! SO STOP CREATING THREADS COMPLAINTING ABOUT THIS!!!

[/quote']

Clodan, some people just registered, and they had no idea there were threads like this, so don't blaim them and act like retard.

And you have to understand them, game is pretty hard for them, most of them have no god damn idea what they got themself into.

No' date=' it reall adds the realism of not even having a gun in an apocolypse.

[/quote']

I'm not sure I understand you because just I IRL have 4 rifles and 1 handgun in my house + ammo ofc. My friend has revolver with ammo. Most people have hatches and crowbars, everyone have knifes. So I don't think it decrases realism.

No. More realistic without any weapons and stuff.

Dont call for bans and shit, no harm in them voicing their opinions. What would be more useful is to teach them how to survive without the starting weapon easier so they wont even need it and that would also eliminate the chance of it ever coming back.

No im against the spawn weapon.

It is very easy to get atleast a meele weapon and with that its quite easy to get a ranged weapon..

I hated it at first but now finding something decent to defend yourself is half the fun. The other day I had to crawl up behind a zombie to get a hatchet he was stood near, that was quite a moment especially when I managed to pull it off.

No.

Hell, ammo for some weapons is far too plentiful as well. Not to mention the relog/reload crap.

This game needs more brutality, and not just from other players. The environment is weak.

I love starting with no weapon.

Makes for some very intense sneaking and escapes but it never takes long to find a hatchet.

Learn to love the hatchet by the way because it's ability to make stealthy kills is highly underrated and particularly in the beginning when you don't have the means to deal with big hordes of zombies anyway.

Here's a tip.

Aquire a hatchet and when you find a barn you simply run up to it ignoring any zombies in your way.

Run inside the barn and immediately go up the first flight of stairs onto the platform and turn around to face the stairs.

The zombies you pulled will now slowly stumble up the stairs and you can simply spam your axe attack and let them walk into it.

If you do it right you will take no damage and you can now loot the barn and the zombies for anything valuable.

Barns are a good source for all kinds of basic items including shotguns and hunting rifles.

No.

Hell' date=' ammo for some weapons is far too plentiful as well. Not to mention the relog/reload crap.

This game needs more brutality, and not just from other players. The environment is weak.

[/quote']

I would also like to see a bit more danger in the environment.

A few zombies wandering through the forests and open fields would change the game greatly because you can jog endlessly through the woods without ever feeling threatened as it is now.

Zombie runners who move in packs of about 15 to 20 would pose a bigger threat to players with good weapons and should be avoided by anyone.

Meanwhile, this does not make a difference for me. But obviously for ohter players it is. So make this a player decision and threads like this will be gone.

Nobody can implement this "the right way", there will always be people wanting it this or the other way and you should (as a developer) at least keep an eye on growing the comunity (and all that supa-dupa-hard-core-gamers-need-nothing-at-all-survivors should agree with that because this adds attention to the game by more people so it is less likely this mod will be dumped soon again).

It is a fact that people new to the game are more likely frustrated if they can not defend themselves and perhaps will leave without beeing introduced to Dayz (and later on turning to a fan :D ).

If you are dead and respawn, you choose if you want to play as a man or a woman anyways.

==> Simply add an option to choose, whether you want to do an "easy" start with Mak, "medium" (as it is atm with little supplies) or the "hard" way with nothing at all and everybody will be pleased.

no becouse the kiddys all going to deathmatch again. they just fixed it. i think there should be a crowbar.

No, the steep learning curve keeps the casual gamers at bay who just want to log in quick and pop some freshspawns at coast.

It's fine as it is.

It creates an extra atmosphere of vulnerability when you start, which is a good thing.

Especially say.. when you spawn in Cherno, and the first building you enter contains a Ghillie suit, and then you spend the next twenty minutes running around searching for a weapon.

Why people need a weapon when they spawn? I ALWAYS get a gun in the first 10-15 minutes after I spawn. If you can't find a gun that fast, you're doing something wrong.

This teaches new players to be stealthy, instead of rushing into big cities and just aggro zombies inside buildings and kill them all.