JPalmer

The Yogcast video sure did ruin the community

You can't blame new players. The ONLY thing bringing the life expectancy down is people respawning to get desirable spawn positions.

They may have said the developer is retarded or something, but it's clear they know little of the context behind the mod/game and I highly doubt they meant it maliciously. I doubt they've even heard of Rocket. Still a bit of a ill-tasted comment to make though.

haha, i knew i would come here and see another thread like this after watching the yogscast video lol.

I don't think its fair to group them all into "minecraft players" I'm willing to bet my ghillie that a majority of subscribers are just interested in a variety of video games. If anything, the fact that they are new to the game should be the cause of it.

I actually came across someone earlier called "ixQu1ckSc0p3sxi"

You shot him in his quickscoping face' date=' right?

[hr']

> said the developer is retarded or something' date='

> but

> doubt they meant it maliciously.

[/quote']

Yep

I actually came across someone earlier called "ixQu1ckSc0p3sxi"

You shot him in his quickscoping face' date=' right?

[hr']

> said the developer is retarded or something' date='

> but

> doubt they meant it maliciously.

[/quote']

Yep

He was running in the middle of Cherno with about 60 zombies on him. I sniped the bastard.

well, tbh they called whoever made the controls like that a retard, aint the controls from armaII? i may be wrong but i dont think rocket had anything to do with the controls in armaII. If im wrong then um ok lol...

I should have included in the OP that the average life has went up 7 minutes since that video was released. I hope most of you understand that the title was sarcasm.

I should have included in the OP that the average life has went up 7 minutes since that video was released. I hope most of you understand that the title was sarcasm.

I did. I wondered why you were getting attacked haha.

I hate to say this, but my last few times on I was going to chat with some people I met, who then ran into cherno and got eaten by zeds. I didnt want to waste so i have a crap ton of bandages now :)

Thanks for letting the zeds eat you. More noobs being stupid means I get more free stuff when the zeds are done feeding

Oh the title was sarcasm, Haha I never even closely thought that was the case. You should've been more sarcastic. There were so many Yogscast bashing threads created when their video was released I immediately thought this was just one more of the kind.

I did. I wondered why you were getting attacked haha.

Pretty sure that has something to do with the server maintenance.

Life expectancy was up to 47 minutes two days ago. Unless you can explain a 16 minute jump in the space of less than a week, then I doubt that the effects of the Yognaughts have been felt yet.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

well' date=' tbh they called whoever made the controls like that a retard, aint the controls from armaII? i may be wrong but i dont think rocket had anything to do with the controls in armaII. If im wrong then um ok lol...

[/quote']

That's what most people don't understand, the difference between game arma 2 and mod dayz. Sometimes when reading posts i just facepalm all the time.

With how terrible they made the game look (and tbh it is really hard to get into initially) I doubt many people came over.

Yogscast are just a comedy group with video game elements to their videos nothing more. They are two harmless British guys who suck (or pretend to at least) at video games who make witty comments' date=' not sure why they would be considered a threat in anyway.

I tend to find them funny and have watched them for over a year now, if there is one consistency with their routine is that they will do maybe a handful of videos and move on at the most because they have a busy schedule.

As far as their community ruining this one I honest really think people are out of their heads if they think that this community as a whole will look the same in a few weeks, let alone a month from now.

Considering pretty much every gamer channel on youtube is covering as are all the major game sites, this game has only begun to see its huge growth.

This game is the current Minecraft so you are going to get the good and the bad and either deal with it or move on. This game isn't going to shrink in to obscurity any time soon.

The only thing that is going to be really annoying is the influx of mouth breathers who don't know what an alpha is coming here complaining but I can assure you it won't be just Yogscast subbers doing it.

[/quote']

Well said.

yogcast is two fat retards. their followers are the same.

Troll alert Troll alert.

You just proved you know little about them; one of them is rake thin, and so qualify to make no criticism as it would be based on ignorance.

Two manchildren who play with virtual legos have an opinion on a milsim mod thats in alpha, who gives a shit.

r stupid?

when u (stupid exploiters) click RESPAWN 100 times to respawn at ur elektro again - everytime u die it counts as a life which lasted for 5 second. what did u expect stupid fat americans?

Yea They were babied through it with a sniper and they didn't even mention its a mod in alpha. zero attempt at maintaining credibility to how decent the game is :/

Amen, brother. Their video didn't really portray the game. They got gear-carried and over-watched by a sniper on a private-server.

r stupid?

when u (stupid exploiters) click RESPAWN 100 times to respawn at ur elektro again - everytime u die it counts as a life which lasted for 5 second. what did u expect stupid fat americans?

As far as I know of, those lives aren't factored in. Anything less than 5 minutes is supposedly scrapped, statistics-wise.

Personally, I have loads of fun with this game.

But the "community" is like every other "community" in any online game.

50% New/JustTryingItOut/RandomLogon/Trolls,

40% Jerks/Whiners/Complainers/Upset/"Quitters"

5% Veteran/Elite/Serious Business

5% Actual nice, helpful people.

-Statistics provided by the completely made up statistics corp, StatCorp. "StatCorp, you too can make the statistics fit the situation"-

So honestly, can a community really be ruined when this is the default state? As a game wears on the percentages change, especially late in a games life. And of course, there is crossover.

Point is, nothing Yogscast does, or really anyone else, does is going to ruin the community. If someone is interested, they're gonna plop down the cash and try it out. All this does is get the word out about the game...But people are going to act how they act based on who they are (or who they want to be), and not because someone plopped a video on the internet.

EDIT: So what I'm saying here is that people who play online games are pretty much jerks. I know I am.

EDIT 2: Plop. Plop plop plop plop plop. Okay I think I got it out of my system.

Forum Code:

1. Everyone shall be entitled to their own opinion.

2. Everyone shall be entitled to one asshole.

3. Everyone's opinion has the same signification as their asshole.