Sign in to follow this  
x13x

Question About Hacks

I had been thinking about how hacked items have came back into the game and it got me thinking. if a hacked crate was put into the game and someone looted the items from that crate and dropped the items on the floor (like in a town where the item could spawn) could another person still get banned for picking the hacked item that had been dropped and if so, how can we tell say a legit m1911 from a hacked one?:huh:

Edit: for example i was running up to a town and there was a m14 with lots of ammo in a bush, i left it. i had no idea if it was hacked or someone just wanted to leave it somewhere safe. if we can get banned because of this, it would be putting a lot of fear onto legit players in what they pick up

There's no way to tell apart from knowing where a for say a M1911 would spawn.

see im thinking that anyone could go into general military area find a akm, think "HELL YEAH" then get hit in the privates by the ban hammer

see im thinking that anyone could go into general military area find a akm' date=' think "HELL YEAH" then get hit in the privates by the ban hammer

[/quote']

I don't see how that could happen. The server records the script usage to spawn the box/vehicle/etc and the ban is issued based on that.

I doubt players get banned for just picking up hacked-in items. It's completely unreasonable for starters.

There are quite a lot of people who say you will, but probably just because they heard that from someone else. Those that claim they themselves were banned simply for picking up a hacked-in item likely were banned for another reason, but that can't really be verified anyway.

ITT: Cheaters looking for loopholes.

So im looking for a loop hole, is that what your saying that im a hacker?

not just someone asking a question, that im sure others are asking.

also people have been claiming bans because of this so i would say this is a valid question.

ITT: Cheaters looking for loopholes.

So im looking for a loop hole' date=' is that what your saying that im a hacker?

not just someone asking a question, that im sure others are asking.

also people have been claiming bans because of this so i would say this is a valid question.

[/quote']

Given the amount of hacks I've seen employed lately, you probably are, but I'm no mind reader, so maybe you aren't. ;)

I will say I think Rocket should post a 'Once and for all' list of legit weapons in DayZ, and then anyone caught with something not on the list is dealt with. Even that is harsh though.

What should happen is some kind of permanent removal of all non-DayZ items. Can't spawn what's not in the database....

im not saying about weapons not on the dayz mod. (granted if you havent read into the weapon list, then its partly your own fault), i am talking about weapons that are on the mod that have been spawned and dropped, and later found by a passing player.

What should happen is some kind of permanent removal of all non-DayZ items. Can't spawn what's not in the database....

I have no idea about coding a mod or how the database works. So I have to ask the question, is that possible ?

Because if so he does have a point. Hackers are spawning what is in the database from Arma II. If non Dayz items were removed they would not be able to spawn them.

But as I said I am asking this as a person with no background in this sort of thing.

So I am just asking if it's physically possible.

Its been explained before the people using the scripts will get global banned anyone found having multiple scripted weapons / vechs in a certain period of time will get dayz banned.

The likely hood that you aquire multiple hacked wepons in a short period of time is next to zero unless you are doing it on purpose or using an alternate account to do the scripting for you while you keep your main account clean.

I have no idea about coding a mod or how the database works. So I have to ask the question' date=' is that possible ?

Because if so he does have a point. Hackers are spawning what is in the database from Arma II. If non Dayz items were removed they would not be able to spawn them.

But as I said I am asking this as a person with no background in this sort of thing.

So I am just asking if it's physically possible.

[/quote']

No idea lol. I'm not a coder either. This also wouldn't solve people spawning in legit weapons either. It's those smart cheaters that worry me more than the obvious ones, though they both need to go.