Sign in to follow this  
Elo

Can't pick up my packed tent

Alright, gonna make this short:

Packed my tent, it lies exactly in front of me, but i cant pick it up (no mousewheel-menu)

Halp?

try circling it, first person view, standing, kneeling all that kind of stuff. step away walk back towards it. if you trid all that already, your tent is propably lost :D

So first the tent ate my M1014, now the game ate my tent? Wtf? :(

Is there anything else on the ground? I found that I had to pick up everything else, first. Backpacks seem to do this at times as well.

I had the same thing happen twice. Is this a bug with the game or what? When I pack a tent, it puts the packed tent on the ground but I'm not able to pick it up. It has clipping, the object is there, but there is no option to pick it up. Even after reloging onto the server the tent is there but no option to interact with it.

This has happened to me before and I lost alot of good stuff but I am still not sure how to fix this problem as I just carried on like I didn't lose the great stuff I had. :P

-Don't pack it up with gear, it dissapears

-Run around, keep mouse wheeling looking at all the corners covering every inch, if it's in an object it might be stuck

- Walk to each patch of the tent, scroll, move to the next, stand still and repeat

-When you die you won't be able to re-move the tent, i reccomend keeping a spare tent in a tent in case you do

Edited by Trizzo

Elo, if everything is just as you say, then welcome to DayZ. No, you can't pick up the tent again.

Wait until you are cornered by Zombies and decide to put your gun in your pack so you can take out your hatchet and then realize that A) Not only have you been losing blood for the last 5 minutes with no indication, but B) Your gun didn't fit in your pack, so rather than have it fall on the ground, it just teleported to the depths of Hell and you can never get it back.

Alpha? I seriously doubt that an inventory system as messed up as this one is will ever work properly, no matter what greek alphabet letter you put at the end.