Mafia_Puppet

How is this fun?

WOW THANKS NINJA, I DIDNT KNOW RUNNING UP HILLS GOT YOU AWAY FROM ZEDS! AND GOING PRONE ATTRACTED ZEDS SOMEHOW!?

very good point extremo. and since this is the in the alpha' date=' i would like to see the knife be put as a standard melee weapon...since in real life most people would use a knife in a life or death situation...

and as you said, this is a survival game where we make the story..so why do we end up on a beach each time we respawn..why not in a house? and how come your person automatically knows how to shoot a gun...does everyone in the world have perfect aim with every gun they pick up? i thought we were just civilians, not soldiers....

[/quote']

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like to turn this into a MMO like Eve Online where you need to spend month of learning skill books just to be able to fire a weapon, I suppose I can live with the fact that my guy knows how to aim a weapon, since by all means aiming a weapon isn't the hardest thing in life afterall!

Spawning at the beach? No idea, but I think it is good because your away from citys, away from the average player and also away from the zombies that would chop you to pieces as you spawn. Honestly, it's more fun to spawn at the beach, than in a horde of zombies and snipers which are just waiting to loot the very little items you have!

I prefer it the way it is at the moment and it'd be quite some work to make it possible for people to spawn in houses each and hopefully not to spawn in the same house, as many players join/leave all the time.

I really like it the way it is and I think Rocket has managed to keep the distinction between real life and a game very well. It's fun and that's the whole point for me. It's not supposed to be real life. It's more of a entertainment and a joyful thing to do, rather than a boring repeating task.

Regards,

Extremo.

You didn't pay $30 for DayZ' date=' you downloaded an alpha test (WIP) version of DayZ for absolutely free.

The game has a very steep learning curve... So, you impulse-spent $30 on a game you didn't want to play (Arma2), so you could play an in-development modification for it, and then were too ADHD to bother learning how to play it? And that's the fault of the guy making this mod for free? Go complain to your counsellor, they're actually paid to listen to your crap.

[/quote']

this. As my uncle says - "Stupid people should pay for them being stupid". You actually do. Stupid.

You didn't pay $30 for DayZ' date=' you downloaded an alpha test (WIP) version of DayZ for absolutely free.

The game has a very steep learning curve... So, you impulse-spent $30 on a game you didn't want to play (Arma2), so you could play an in-development modification for it, and then were too ADHD to bother learning how to play it? And that's the fault of the guy making this mod for free? Go complain to your counsellor, they're actually paid to listen to your crap.

[/quote']

this. As my uncle says - "Stupid people should pay for them being stupid". You actually do. Stupid.

There's no reason to be so hostile. I don't understand why everyone takes criticism to the mod in such a bad way. It forms and shapes the game and inspires for new ideas.

You almost act like someone has taken your candy away. If you enjoy this mod, please continue to do so. If someone on this forum disagrees with something within the mod - he will eventually share it with the Community. He isn't shutting down the mod nor is he harming it, he's actually contributing.

I don't understand why everyone seems to be so hostile :S

Regards,

Extremo.

There's no reason to be so hostile. I don't understand why everyone takes criticism to the mod in such a bad way. It forms and shapes the game and inspires for new ideas.

He isn't shutting down the mod nor is he harming it' date=' he's actually contributing.

I don't understand why everyone seems to be so hostile :S[/quote']Good point in general... but in this specific case, the OP started off by posting in a hostile tone himself, and went as far as to complain about 'wasting $30' on something that's made of hard work and given to us for free.

If he was polite and constructive, he probably would've gotten polite responses... but he was a jerk, so the local jerk-squad is going to fire the same tone right back.

[/quote']

lol and yet this thread still goes on...

I'd say the flamers come out because we all felt the sting of the learning curve. HOWEVER we didn't come onto the forum and have a sook about it, we sacked up and learned to play.

I'm sure nearly half a million people can't ALL be wrong can we?

I'm just sad I spent twice as much on Diablo 3 which I played for 3 weeks then uninstalled because it WAS rubbish, now there I can understand hitting the forums about a game that ins't fun.... Most expensive drink coaster I've ever bought, OK except for SWTOR and Crysis 2

I'm glad I stumbled upon an episode of Good Game and seen the spot they had on DayZ.

i just want a knife when i spawn so i can stab people in the back. No more getting shot with my flashlight out, other than that this game is on par with bf3 for me..i have no other complaints.

and also' date=' wanna talk about this game being realistic? who can run for two hours straight with 40lbs on your back and not stop. or who would even try to not defend themselves?

[/quote']

Uh, soldiers.

They can't dead sprint across vast swathes of terrain, but they do forced marches (often at the pace of a jog) over many miles of treacherous or downright threatening terrain with forty to eighty pounds of kit on them and in their ruck - possibly more, depending on what their MOS is. For the more driven soldiers, such as Special Forces, nine hour forced marches with over a hundred pounds of kit is absolutely nothing new.

It amazes me how few people know things like that.

For me personally Arma 2 is and will always be the best game i ever played. Mod it up with ACE, ACEX, ZeusAI, mando missles and all the various units and maps....welcome to heaven.

At the moment Dayz is another cool mod for this great game.

I agree, this game is so bad, always the same ennemies looking the same, I'm already tired of it after 20 min of game, such a waste of my precious time. At least I hope there would be more variety in creatures, like dinosaurs or flying unicorns that would be rideable.

I'm still at lvl 1 and don't see my exp bar, AND I'm yet to find any npc to give me quest, this game is such a waste of time..

/NEVERPLAYAGAIN

I spawned with nothing but a flashlight and ran around on the beach for half an hour. Straight line' date=' never even saw a zombie. The game doesn't even have an auto-run button. You'd think your mod would try a little harder to impress new players. Terrible waste of $30.

[/quote']

"DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game, it was more of an experiment. I prefer the term 'anti-game'." - rocket

You might wanna update your game,first time I got it zombies werent even going for me becouse I was a version lower than everyone...

2 auto run is for idle bastards or bots.

That's inapprehensible stupid.

There is nothing bad about autowalk.

It would be just a comfortable mechanic in a game in which you have to press W for hours.

If you're going to afk-autowalk, it will most likely kill you.

Bots don't need autorun? They just get the command to walk from a script.

They don't have flesh, bones, sinews and muscles. They won't get tenosynovitis like humans do.

Add autowalk or remove any toggle from the game.... would be much more realistic if I have to keep down shift every time I want to sneak...

Kudos for trying to be realistic.... but sometimes you should sacrifice some realism and go for the better gameplay.

Most people I play with macro it anyway, so why not just adding it as a possibility for everyone ? As there are many people without a G-keyboard or who don't know about autoit/autohotkey/etc.

Would be fair.

Seriously. I started playing like Three days ago and on the first day I went to Cherno, found a Whinchester and some ammo, supplies and stuff then got killed. Grouped up with some guys and now have survived 2 days with a AKM, 12 Mags, Coyote backpack (The biggest one) shit tonne of food and drink and a bus. Group up with some people and survive!

This is totally wrong. If you're dumb enough to hang around the 2 big cities all the time of course that will happen. Just use the WHOLE map' date=' Stary Sobor Mili Camps and the NE Airfield are not that dangerous and you nearly always find an AKM or better in there.

[/quote']

I wouldn't call Stary Sobor safe, I've never spent more than five minutes there without being shot at by a server hopping cheater.

The NE airfield and some of the northern towns are pretty safe, though.

2 auto run is for idle bastards or bots.

That's inapprehensible stupid.

It would be just a comfortable mechanic in a game in which you have to press W for hours.

If you're going to afk-autowalk' date=' it will most likely kill you.

Bots don't need autorun? They just get the command to walk from a script.

They don't have flesh, bones, sinews and muscles. They won't get tenosynovitis like humans do.

Add autowalk or remove any toggle from the game.... would be much more realistic if I have to keep down shift every time I want to sneak...

Kudos for trying to be realistic.... but sometimes you should sacrifice some realism and go for the better gameplay.

Most people I play with macro it anyway, so why not just adding it as a possibility for everyone ? As there are many people without a G-keyboard or who don't know about autoit/autohotkey/etc.

Would be fair.

[/quote']

Hardly...

there are more important things to be sorted and added to the game than a auto walk button, there is plenty of realism and plenty of gameplay.. i hope you get one in the future though you will be so easy to hit..

Hey guys. I just "wasted" 30 bucks because I bought this game all on my own because of the hype for DayZ. I'm so mad that I can't start the game with an assault rifle like in CoD. This game is dumb. I want my money back!!!!! I didn't even do any research about the mod before buying the game, so it's YOUR FAULT I WASTED MY MONEY!!!

huuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I really hate to try and appease someone who complains about the ramifications of impulsive actions... Buuuuuuut I guess this will make the game more "fun" for you.

If you are running steam:

- double tap shift so that you are in walk mode.

- point your decked out survivor towards your marked waypoint (thats shift left click on the map JIC)

- begin walking forward (the default key is "W")

- while holding "W" bring up the steam overlay by hitting shift+tab (did you know you can use the steam browser to always have a dayZ map or wiki up for easy reference?! How convenient!)

- when the overlay comes up let go of the keys, your character will be running in the background!

- if you decide you want to actively observe the game while auto-running click "return to game" at the top of the overlay (personally I like to turn on auto-run and then go troll the forums.)

- you can now steer yourself and even look around (the look action is bound to the "alt" key!)

- if you wish to bring your unstoppable warrior to a halt to get the loots, simply press "/" and hit enter (pro tip: "/" is also the key that brings up the chat bar)

If you followed these steps correctly DayZ becomes much more "fun" and "entertaining". Using this method you can also forego paying attention to your surroundings to grab a bag of cheetos, light a cigar, catch up on that last season of Friends you never saw, or even call and check in on friends and family!*

*character deaths related to the "steam overlay auto-run technique for gamer convenience" are SOLELY the responsibility of the player. Failure to pay attention to your surroundings in DayZ WILL result in player death (this rule applies to real life as well, go figure!)

:)

WOW THANKS NINJA' date=' I DIDNT KNOW RUNNING UP HILLS GOT YOU AWAY FROM ZEDS! AND GOING PRONE ATTRACTED ZEDS SOMEHOW!?

[/quote']

apparently not