dotjosh

COMING SOON: Six Launcher Replacement

looks good so far,to really replace SU it needs to be able to D/L and install Updates & (beta)patches too.Will defo have a look when you release a public version

looks good so far' date='to really replace SU it needs to be able to D/L and install Updates & (beta)patches too.Will defo have a look when you release a public version

[/quote']

It's definitely high on the priority list.

came in the thread expecting to trash your work

but then

saw

server time

and

join friend

to

:)

Looks promising. I'd like to see a comprehensive list for the server settings. Sometimes I am hunting crashed helis and I want waypoints on maps, but not maps that show people around you because I am expecting to run into people.

Looks promising. I'd like to see a comprehensive list for the server settings. Sometimes I am hunting crashed helis and I want waypoints on maps' date=' but not maps that show people around you because I am expecting to run into people.

[/quote']

I'll be sure to add any useful settings I can actually extract from a server. Not so sure I can determine waypoint setting. I have nametags.

Does this work with the Steam version aswell ? If it does i will swear my life to your service :3

Does this work with the Steam version aswell ? If it does i will swear my life to your service :3

Yeah, I personally installed with steam. So you know it'll work with that setup.

Nice, I'm soooo looking forward to this.

Oh man, if you can make this integrate all future betas and steam w/ overlay without hassle, I will donate you 30 dollars as my personal thanks.

Could u add the other mods/game like in six launcher aswell?

Honestly, I'm completely focused on DayZ. I have no plans to support other mods.

the sooner i can get rid of six launcher the better, its kinda spammy and kinda buggy and a weird performance hog. I can play this game on max settings on my rig pretty easy and for some reason six launcher still causes my internet to disconnect and have to reconnect, it causes windows 7 64 bit to change my color scheme to basic due to memory problems. I appreciate the person for making it and giving me a simple way to install updates for both arma and dayz but its honestly quite buggy.

Wow, I'm dying to try this out.

This is going to be so much more helpful.

the sooner i can get rid of six launcher the better' date=' its kinda spammy and kinda buggy and a weird performance hog. I can play this game on max settings on my rig pretty easy and for some reason six launcher still causes my internet to disconnect and have to reconnect, it causes windows 7 64 bit to change my color scheme to basic due to memory problems. I appreciate the person for making it and giving me a simple way to install updates for both arma and dayz but its honestly quite buggy.

[/quote']

Well it won't replace the six launcher right away because it doesn't handle auto-patching the game yet, but I'm *very* focused on performance/responsiveness, so expect a lot of good stuff in this area.

I'd shy away from expanding to other mods. That's exactly what Sixlauncher tried to do and as a rule, full Mod Managers need to be pretty labyrinthine. Focusing just on DayZ lets you keep it tight to it's needs as a mod.

But that's just me. It's your project :D

six updater/launcher are absolute turds. can't wait for arma 3 and(hopefully) proper mod/server management so we can stop using that garbage.

OP your launcher is looking great, especially friends tracking and time of day.

I am really looking forward to trying this. Favorite servers and friends list are sorely missed right now.

Great design too, reminds me of the old Valve software, but still has it's own style.

Could u add the other mods/game like in six launcher aswell?

Honestly' date=' I'm completely focused on DayZ. I have no plans to support other mods.

[/quote']

Thats a shame as it wont be replacing six launcher for me as i like to play normal arma 2 and Ace aswell, but i do like the look of it and i hope you change your mind.

You actually have a clock for the servers.

You have a fucking time function so I don't have to spend half an hour jumping around servers to find one that's daylight.

You are a god.