Fraggle (DayZ)

More rare spawns.

This is my first suggestion and I'm fairly new to Day Z so sorry if it's already been said...

After getting a Golden AKS today, and seeing all of the doubters and discussion surrounding it I thought it would really spice the game up if occasionally a rare spawn was randomly generated or put on the map. Unique/rare guns would be a good start and would quickly become valuable items.

:| ......

Wow, that's deep man.

While you're at it why not spawn a Tank or even an Attack Helo... Military grade weapons and equipment should be toned down a bit more, too many high powered scoped rifles for my taste. OK AK variants are fine for this region, everybody could have one at home in (cherna)russ(ia) but there are also way too many western weapons imo.

Firstly, I didn't say more powerful items. I said RARE/UNIQUE. It could be something as simple as a rare skin for a gun or clothing item, maybe with a small logo or something. I was just opening a dialogue for discussion, you know, like a forum.

Secondly, what's with the fucking attitude? Did I offend you by making a suggestion?

P.S - You really think everyone in Russia has an AK?

couldn't agree more with you. Having an item that is seen so seldom that it might take you months to find one, if ever, really makes things interesting. Things that are not "better" per se but just unique like perhaps a Humvee (most likely without a gun) or an ambulance as vehicles and for weapons maybe a katana, a pp-2000 and an AKM with the same sort of camouflage as the SVD. In terms of other loot I'd suggest a placeable sign that can have a message put on it by the one who placed it, and definitely a unique skin like a nice suit or a surgeon.

Things like these (and whatever other ideas people provide) that even large clans would be lucky to find, provides you with something to hope for and keep the game interesting

Yup, that's what I thought. I was thinking about signs/messages the other day but I'm pretty sure the map would get quickly ruined. Maybe being able to attach a note to your tent could be interesting though?

They do have that, kind of. Have you ever gotten the Mountain Dew soda? It's one of the rarest things to find in a residential building. :P

They do have that' date=' kind of. Have you ever gotten the Mountain Dew soda? It's one of the rarest things to find in a residential building. :P

[/quote']

How do they already have that? Also what's mountain Dew got to do with this thread?

Golden guns? Why would the developer waste time adding something like this? Because its rare? In a survival game you keep things on you for their usefulness not their color.

Golden guns? Why would the developer waste time adding something like this? Because its rare? In a survival game you keep things on you for their usefulness not their color.

I didn't say the place should be littered with golden guns. I used it as an example because of the amount of attention it got when they popped up on a server.

A developer wouldn't be wasting their time putting in a few unique/rare items. Firstly, re-skinning an already existing 3d model only take a few minutes (more if your adding unique artwork as opposed to just a texture). It could easily be something in keeping with the game, it doesn't have to be as brash as a golden gun.

Secondly, if you knew anything about games you'd know that people love collecting things. It wouldn't change any of the mechanics of the game and for people that spend hours playing, it would give them something interesting to hunt for. Or if you just found it by chance it would add some excitement.

Thirdly it would also allow the player to feel like they were a bit more unique if they found clothes or a hat with a rare design.