dirkyd

L85 needs to be changed

Ask what is appropriate for Dayz, i am inclined to think that much of the hi-end gear should be removed, eg-

All night/thermal vision gear including goggles.

All silenced weapons except maybe M9.

All 50cal/anti material sniper rifles.

Does this shit really have a place in this game, or would it be ruining the game "because of crybabys", nope.

To much focus on kit IMO, remember people DC to save their kit not their lives.

I play bf3 beta and complained about the scope glint when in shade or indoors.

Never seen such stupidity in game design.

Confirming I've alone found 3 L85s in 3 days. Seem to be pretty much 25% chance on a heli crash site.

If you hang around stary and novy' date=' you'll have one of these in 2 days.

However, this weapon, while way too common (btw the svd camo is the rarest gun in the game), is the only counter currently we have to campers.

I should know as I'm one. There is no way to find me or spot me without the L85A without extreme dumb luck, and anyone I see in almost 180 degree radius is as good as dead as it's a highly busy area inland I'm often camping. Just ask the 5 people who died from 1 shot each from 750 meters today without even having the chance to D/C.

I use the L85A to spot, others should use it to spot me.

[/quote']

You are such a badass.

honestly i think the heli crash site loot piles are just messed up. i have found one mk48, but like 4 or 5 AWS' yet the mk has 3 times the spawn chance.

My suggestion to this problem would be to make camo clothing and ghillie suits thermal-resistant to a certain extent. Be harder to spot.

MARPAT and CADPAT have IR coating, dont see why it couldn't be done ingame?

Because the Ghillie suit is not good enough already? I'd rather not have thermal scopes in the game instead.

DayZ really could use more russian and eastern european guns. There should be more AK variants, Mosin-Nagants and SKS rifles instead of all these western guns. Maybe add some ex-Yugoslavian guns too.

I would remove all thermal, NVG equipment from the game.

The dark / light mechanics are much more entertaining from a game play perspective.

L85 is the best way to combat snipers and serverhoppers.

thats why there is so much objection to them.

they are rare. the only reason they would be considered not rare, is duping.

the loot table %'s dont lie.

it has the lowest droprate (0.43%) shared with 2 other things AT the rarest loot spot ingame.

if you are seeing them that often.. they are likely duped. cos they are NOT that common.

LOL at whiners saying it is common. Stop duping them and they will be rare again. I don't believe any of you who say you find 2 of them per heli crash.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of people to play this game, I bet only a small percentage (5% or less) have ever even seen one. Stop crying and trying to take out the best gear in the game because you get killed while server hopping.

Instead of taking it out of the game just add some limits.

-Make Helicopter crashes more random

-Add batteries

-Stop fucking duping

-Make the weapon rarer

The weapon isn't too common. Its the fact that after awhile it will accumulate due to duping and people server hoping to find crash sites. Even then the gun isn't even that common. Me and my group only found 2 L85s after months of play. We even look for chopper crashes and it isn't that damn easy to find. There are ways to prevent accumulation but that is about it.

I've only ever seen one and I found it at a random chopper site in the middle of nowhere. I've been actively checking every site I see and haven't seen one since. That's 1 L85 in about 350 hours of play. I would say that's pretty uncommon.

Lots of exaggeration and/or dupers in this thread. My clan is very active and we often search for crash sites and we have only found 3 maybe 4 L85s. We've come across atleast two dozen of the fifty cals and bizons and maybe twice that in FALs (which we often leave because of it being pretty mediocre, but thats another thread entirely)

It's the rarest gun in the game, along with the SVD, so it should be strong. I could maybe see replacing it with the SUSAT scope instead, maybe that would satiate all the QQ'n.

I found one at the first and only heli crash site ive been to so far. Unfortunately, it's the night vision variant and its completely useless during the day, unless I'm sniping.

Press N again and you get the thermal optics instead of the nightvision, there is no "just night vision" version

Definitely agree that thermals and nvg's should be removed. It doesn't fit the world where cars are more rare, and goes against the anti-game mentality by giving players a crutch device.

The nighttime mechanics would improve dramatically as everyone would be required to use either a flashlight, flare, or chemlights in order to navigate.

Not op at all it's a good overwatch gun but that's it. If you feel it's op get one yourself

Our group has had dozens, all legitimately acquired. Same with NVG's and .50 cal rifles.

EDIT: Getting rid of thermal and NVG's just makes sense. These items don't fit in this world at all. Not to mention that your average grunt is not going to be walking around with thermal sights or night vision. It is uncommon even in the military let alone the post-apocalypse.

It's not OP, it's a tool like anything else.

It just doesn't fit in this world and is becoming way to common. That is the argument.

Looks like it might have been removed in this patch. Lots of people saying it has disappeared out of inventory, tents, and vehicles.

Looks like it might have been removed in this patch. Lots of people saying it has disappeared out of inventory' date=' tents, and vehicles.

[/quote']

Alot of other weapons too...

If it was up to me I'd remove a whole much more than just L85. The .50 cal. rifles' date=' MG's, NVG's, tons of other high-grade military equipment and weapons, and the topic's L85 AWS... they all just don't fit in the apocalypse world.

[/quote']

Then why is there a NV scope and a Thermal Camera in the zombie apocalypse kit? http://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html

You people and your nerfs running from game to game ruining them. The L85 isn't OP, it's got thermal yes and even with zeroing it isn't op. I can effectively kill someone at a longer distance with an enfield. The best guns in the game are sniper rifles, the AS50 and the DMR and neither should be nerfed so nerfing something that isn't as powerful is just dumb. Never have I ever been killed by an LA85 and I have 600 hours in the game. I have one stuffed in a tent and roll around with a sniper rifle. Getting head shots with the gun at distance isn't easy with thermal or not and I can get head shots with the enfield at sniper rifle distances. I've been shot by them countless times and just ran erratically while getting the players position stopped and popped him one time with an AS50 and it's game over for him.

It's these types of people running from game to game ruining them. Phisher, you've repeated yourself how many times in this duplicate thread? Give it a rest. You people make duplicate threads, post insane amount of times in them to make them more popular than they need to be.

I imagine you want to camp the hills of cherno and elektro and be free of people hunting snipers. The thermal does nothing but add balance to the game against people who camp in trees and bushes with ghillie suits.

If it was up to me I'd remove a whole much more than just L85. The .50 cal. rifles' date=' MG's, NVG's, tons of other high-grade military equipment and weapons, and the topic's L85 AWS... they all just don't fit in the apocalypse world.

[/quote']

Then why is there a NV scope and a Thermal Camera in the zombie apocalypse kit? http://www.opticsplanet.com/zero-zombie-kit.html

Not sure if serious..

Will respond as if serious.

Do you notice the $3000 price tags of both of those and the general light hearted tone of the whole thing?

i say rather than modify a weapons balistics to make it unrealistic or modify the weapons scope...

Let's keep everything realistic but either A: lower spawnrate, or B: remove from game.

I HATE when people say (oh make it super accurate but without thermal, or Hey make it still have thermal but cant zero and its inaccurate.) Really... any gun should be able to be zeroed and they should all be as accurate as their real life counterparts. Guns in RL were not built to be "balanced" rather they are built to give as unfair an advantage to the operator as possible against their target.