dirkyd

L85 needs to be changed

Don't get me wrong, I like the thermal myself, however it is becoming way to abundant and easy to find. I just found 2 at one crash site, had one my previous life, and was killed by 2 guys that both had one. This all happened in the course of less than a week. Imo Therm does not belong in this game, the l85 needs to be made nv only w/o zeroing like the fal an/pvs. That or the spawn rate reduces drastically along with other rare weapons at heli crashes.

• Like 1

I agree, i own it and it's too OP because of the AWS (it's almost like cheating, especially on this map with trees everywhere). There's already the FAL with NV only so i think the better solution for the L85A2 would be to remove it completely from the weapon list.

I agree, but not necessarly because it's too common to find but to easy to duplicate.

In addition, scopes like that require power, so they don't fit the setting.

Replace it with a L85 Susat and make it NV compatible and you have a super accurate, reliable weapon that can be used downrange at night and has ironsights for close quarters thus the best allrounder you could ever ask for.

L85 is the rarest gun in the game.

Fix what little duping exploits remain, and the 'problem' is solved.

EDIT: Don't people learn from the bullshit that happens to other online games?

Look at BF3, it was pretty fun when it came out, but then a bunch of morons on the forums started demanding this change and that buff and this nerf because that gun was too OP and this other gun was soooo usless, and now the game SUCKS.

Just stop. The L85 is THE RAREST GUN IN GAME. It is SUPPOSED to be OP.

I disagree. I think it should be merely REPLACED by a less suitable weapon; the AK-74_GOSHAWK.

We need ONE thermal weapon, but the AWS is far too useful. The GOSHAWK Ak is far less decent of a weapon, and it still fills the niche roll.

We shouldn't terminate the heat vision weapon... Just make it more area-realistic.

every man and his dog has thermal, including myself. it needs to be removed.

Thermals aren't required, it just makes the game easy, which is what rocket didn't want.

every man and his dog has thermal' date=' including myself. it needs to be removed.

[/quote']

*cough cough*

http://www.cabelas.com/night-vision-optics-atn-thermal-imaging-scopes-5.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=pricegrabber&WT.z_mc_id1=1379580&rid=40&mr:referralID=2c4962aa-c866-11e1-8e16-001b2166becc

Note: Goshawk is cheaper, too. It's still efficient and realistic to have a thermal system.

every man and his dog has thermal' date=' including myself. it needs to be removed.

[/quote']

No. They don't.

I am part of a very large clan and we have maybe 1-2 L85s. Compared to tons of other weapons. This may be because we don't dupe, but like I said, fix what little duping exploits remain and then the 'problem' with the L85 goes away. Until you fix duping, removing / changing / nerfing ANYTHING is just treating a symptom.

Fix what little duping exploits remain' date=' and the 'problem' is solved.

Look at BF3, it was pretty fun when it came out, but then a bunch of morons on the forums started demanding this change and that buff and this nerf because that gun was too OP and this other gun was soooo usless, and now the game SUCKS.

[/quote']

I don't know what game you are playing but in DayZ, as has been stated above, every asshole and his cousin has one already. You are aware that 2/3rds of the chopper crashes have them right?

They are simply not needed, period.

Remove L85A2 AWS

Add L85A2 w/ SUSAT, L85A2 w/ ACOG, L85A2 Iron Sight, L86A2 (keep very very low spawn rate)

Reason: AWS version is not commonly in use by British Armed Forced. They use standard issue L85A2 w/ ACOG or one of those listed above.

I don't care if weapon is OP/1337/etc. DayZ suppose to stay realistic and possibility that UK would use AWS is very, very unlikely.

Sorry but the l85 is not rare at all, I've had 3 spawn for me today, Not to mention the little white dots given by the peripheral vision combined with the thermal sights is like having ESP. To easy

You are not sole arbiter of what is needed and not needed Panther, nor are you a font of data on how many chopper crashes and characters have L85s.

I have raided literally DOZENS if not a hundred choppers with my clan. We have found 2 L85s at them. Plenty of FALs, plenty of Bizons, Plenty of DMRs, TWO L85s.

You are wrong. Just accept it and move on.

Fix what little duping exploits remain' date=' and the 'problem' is solved.

[/quote']

Actually the rarest gun in the game would prob be the svd camo. It only spawns in barracks and has .11% spawn chance. The L85 on the other hand is both easy to find and easy to farm. Factoring in that some clans can identify crash locations in server files, that it has pretty high spawn rate for a rare weapon, it can be found in multiple locations on a server that are pretty easy to predict, and that these can be reset on a server restart make it overly abundant for an OP weapon. Like it has been said before, everyone and his dog has one. If your clan only has a couple then you clearly aren't looking for them.

Replace the l85 with the LWS or a AK Goshawk, Or you know, Add the remaining billion guns in the game that are amazing.

Replace the l85 with the LWS or a AK Goshawk' date=' Or you know, Add the remaining billion guns in the game that are amazing.

[/quote']

^this, so many guns in this game that are not being utilized, and most of them don't have thermal. I personally would love to see a scar put into the loot table :).

the only thing it's good for is spotting, attempting to actually use the gun will most likely get you killed. The thing hardly ever hurts someone even at point blank range.

the thermal sight is ridiculous, as are .50cal military sniper rifles in the context of a "survival" game.

500+ hours and I've seen ~2 L85s.

Not an issue.

Yet in the last 40 hours of my gameplay I have seen 7. of course the first 400 or so hours you haven't seen any since they weren't spawning properly in the game. Honestly I think the big issue here is that heli wrecks are too abundant themselves. i love the idea but imo they need to be reduced and spread out more.

the only thing it's good for is spotting' date=' attempting to actually use the gun will most likely get you killed. The thing hardly ever hurts someone even at point blank range.

[/quote']

True with all 5.56 guns in the game. However the only person I have shot with this gun I killed with one shot to at 600m, but he was standing still.

You are not sole arbiter of what is needed and not needed Panther' date=' nor are you a font of data on how many chopper crashes and characters have L85s.

I have raided literally DOZENS if not a hundred choppers with my clan. We have found 2 L85s at them. Plenty of FALs, plenty of Bizons, Plenty of DMRs, TWO L85s.

You are wrong. Just accept it and move on.

[/quote']

I am not and here's why:

a.) The "it's realistic card" doesnt work. That means with the perma-use these guns get and no electricity your scope should be useless withing a very short timeframe.

b.) There is no need to spot snipers with an AWS/TWS scope. If you don't approach them from the front side, which is suicidal anyways, there is absolutely no need for thermals. I know you want easymode and handholding, but once again: there is no need.

c.) As soon as you have figured out the pattern to chopper crashes, these are plentyful and easy to find plus use what is among the most common ammo in the game. There is nothing rare about it - the FAL NPSV-4 is i.e. Unlike other people I don't play 24/7 and still I come across a minimum of 4 chopper crashes a day at least.

Again, these rifles have no purpose in game as far as mechanics go and are too common. A perfect example of an item that is extremely rare but gives you a huge advantage is the Rangefinder or the SVD with the built in rangefinder if you want a weapon. The mechanic works on these, it doesn't for the L85.

Replace the l85 with the LWS or a AK Goshawk' date=' Or you know, Add the remaining billion guns in the game that are amazing.

[/quote']

I heard of a game where there are lots of guns and you need no effort for getting them, they lay around in big ammo boxes. I think it is called ArmA2 :D