Sign in to follow this  
goldengears

This mod is better NOW then ever before

With 1.5.7 and the number of zombies, never have I had a more exhilarating time playing a game.

Last night I ran across 2 other players in my travels, it was pitch black and we both decided to go to Cherno for some loot as we were running low on ammo, and food. We agree before hand to stay in prone, and NEVER get out unless the coast 100% clear.

So we begin crawling through Cherno, we see one of the small houses up ahead. Both my partners greedy for loot get out of prone and begin to run for the building. Suddenly a Z turns around the corner. I begin to yell "don't shoot lure it away lure it away" then one opens fire. As Z's begin swarming from everywhere at least 10, the other guy opens fire to assist his friend. I watch as at least 30 Z's begin to swarm the home as I slowly crawl away into the darkness. Then it appears, Player Died, and then Again... I know then both my friends fate was sealed. All because they were not careful enough...

Please Rocket I beg you, maybe fix the spawns. But PLEASE don't touch the Z count!

Nice story. Atleast they learned something from it.

I also like the new challange. But yeah the spawning could be looked at.

its a great game. oh wait I cant play and have not been able to play at all because i get spawned in a pitch black forest after 20 minutes of waiting for the server to connect.

its a great game. oh wait I cant play and have not been able to play at all because i get spawned in a pitch black forest after 20 minutes of waiting for the server to connect.

Deal with it.

There's currently way too many Zeds in the game to the point of it being unplayable....IMO

Deal with it.

Does this mod attract a disproportionate number of the socially challenged or is it just my imagination?

There's currently way too many Zeds in the game to the point of it being unplayable....IMO

Unplayable how? You would find it more fun if you could solo an entire town of zeds? This game should keep you tense and on your feet' date=' a player should not be able to go into a town guns blazing and clear it of zeds. I don't know why players want this game too be easy.

flare

   [flair] Show IPA verb, flared, flar·ing, noun

verb (used without object)

1.to burn with an unsteady, swaying flame, as a torch or candle in the wind.

2. to blaze with a sudden burst of flame (often followed by up ): The fire flared up as the paper caught.

3. to start up or burst out in sudden, fierce activity, passion, etc. (often followed by up or out ): Tempers flared at the meeting. Violence flared up in a new section of the city.

4. to shine or glow.

5. to spread gradually outward, as the end of a trumpet, the bottom of a wide skirt, or the sides of a ship.

No, there should be loads of zombies in the big cities, to represent the population. And the game HAS to be tense. Read, f.e. "the walking dead" comics, where the characters go through lots sneaking around to get into the outskirts of the city and not get spotted by Zeds, not to mention going deeper into the city.

I ran into the exact same situation with two other folks. They opened fire, and I enacted a plan I was rehearsing in my head. It was the "shit, ok, nice emeeting you, 180 degrees, RUN" plan.

Deal with it.

Does this mod attract a disproportionate number of the socially challenged or is it just my imagination?

It attracts a large crowd of gamers who want a hardcore game. This crowd of gamers is intolerant to the other casual gamers that are crying to make the game easier to suit their favored play style.If you want the game to be easier, go play another game instead of complaining on the forums.

In most the bigger towns, like Stary Sober, as you are finishing the first wave of zed spawn, the second is already coming in. The scarcity of ammo also makes it not worth it as well. There ahve been several times where my group and I will run out of ammo we had just looted because it is a nonstop wave of zed. I am all for a challenge and makign a person decide if it is worth raiding a town or not but virtually unlimited zed spawns is CoD level of gameplay

Deal with it.

It attracts a large crowd of gamers who want a hardcore game. This crowd of gamers is intolerant to the other casual gamers that are crying to make the game easier to suit their favored play style.If you want the game to be easier' date=' go play another game instead of complaining on the forums.

[/quote']

Or just...ya know...push to have Rocket fix the respawn system. Having to disconnect and reconnect is pretty stupid design. A 10 minute respawn time might be fun for those with a patience fetish, but it doesn't exactly work in the hardcore area either.

It's still a game, so to be "truly hardcore" the game should totally uninstall and delete itself when you die. As it stands, it's short enough that people don't think about it the first time, but long enough so that anyone with common sense can see the stupidity of it, ESPECIALLY when the average life span is about 30 minutes.

After stealing a UAZ From a forest from Dallas 4 the five man party proceeds with low fuel through a town, upon exiting said down and driving up hill we spot a survivor running from 10 Zeds with a CZ 550 and proceed to mow down the zombies with our weapons slowly finishing them all off before our bandit helper from the UAZ asks a question: "Do we shoot him or help him?" And since no one answered him within the next five seconds, he shot him and looted the corpse.

I for one welcome our new zombie overlords.

Unplayable how? You would find it more fun if you could solo an entire town of zeds? This game should keep you tense and on your feet' date=' a player should not be able to go into a town guns blazing and clear it of zeds. I don't know why players want this game too be easy.

Wait, did you just imply that it should be hard for one to 'solo' through an entire town of zeds? Or that the game was even EASY before? No, the game as never been hard, you can't 'run and gun' and the animation of the Zombies are jerky so it was never easy to shoot any. I generally want to keep all my blood so when I get chased I run, and I have my friend shoot them. The game has NEVER been easy and I've ALWAYS encountered Zeds even in smaller towns, now it's just fucking ridiculous. Even small northern towns have 40+ Zeds in them that all get aggro'd at once. If you think that the game is way more fun now, that's your opinion. But looking at how the average survival rate has dropped from 4 hours to 30 minutes, and most of those deaths being mauled by zombies, it seems to have taken a turn for the worse. I have never been mad at being killed by a survivor/bandit because it was that kind of social interaction. But being swarmed by zombies with just a makarov that can hit me through walls and walk through doors is not fucking fun.

Or just...ya know...push to have Rocket fix the respawn system. Having to disconnect and reconnect is pretty stupid design. A 10 minute respawn time might be fun for those with a patience fetish' date=' but it doesn't exactly work in the hardcore area either.

[/quote']

Well yeah, stuff like that and the spawning right in front of you are bugs that need to be fixed. I'm talking about the kids yelling to re-decrease the zed amount, shorten the time cycle, spawn with a better gun, limit pvp and ALL that crap. They need to go away.

Or just...ya know...push to have Rocket fix the respawn system. Having to disconnect and reconnect is pretty stupid design. A 10 minute respawn time might be fun for those with a patience fetish' date=' but it doesn't exactly work in the hardcore area either.

[/quote']

Well yeah, stuff like that and the spawning right in front of you are bugs that need to be fixed. I'm talking about the kids yelling to re-decrease the zed amount, shorten the time cycle, spawn with a better gun, limit pvp and ALL that crap. They need to go away.

The time cycle comes mainly from players having a life and only being able to play at night. The PvP whine is less about PvP and more about straight up griefing, can't see why we need a better gun.

I think this game needs to be hard, but also have some common sense. As far as the topic goes though, I think the number is fine, but the spawning takes second place to the concentration of the zeds, I mean really...5 zeds near a deer stand? So yeah, spawns need work.

Deal with it.

It attracts a large crowd of gamers who want a hardcore game. This crowd of gamers is intolerant to the other casual gamers that are crying to make the game easier to suit their favored play style.If you want the game to be easier' date=' go play another game instead of complaining on the forums.

[/quote']

You are such a hardcore gamer that you hit the Y key like a real man.

I wish I was as hardcore and as good in this game as you.

You are such a hardcore gamer that you hit the Y key like a real man.

what?

I wish I was as hardcore and as good in this game as you.

never said i was good. granted i have the common sense to stay away from the coastal towns / most things noobs get killed for. and i have some decent gear, but when it comes down to it i usually get destroyed by the arma vets.

There's currently way too man Zeds in the game to the point of it being unplayable....IMO

Deal with it.

[/quote']

Where in my post did I say the game was hard? I have not been able to play it at all due to the servers being overloaded. GG reading comprehension.

As a solo survivor I've found 1.5.7 better than 1.5.6 for the simple reason:

It's forced me into being better at surviving therefore improving my experience, I'm now getting more out of the game as i'm living longer and travelling further because i've been forced to learn the most important rule. Be cautious!!

I also think the increase in zeds has evened up the playing field for solo versus small group - before, a small group had the upper hand and could romp through towns. Now however, the more people you have means the greater chance of attracting a zed. Solo I can crawl my way into most places and grab what I need.

Don't go shooting your gun and you won't attract attention!

It's forced me into being better at surviving therefore improving my experience' date=' I'm now getting more out of the game as i'm living longer and travelling further because i've been forced to learn the most important rule. Be cautious!!

[/quote']

+1

I feel the same way. The only thing that sometimes is annoying is when I stumble upon a small shed in the middle of a field which kept spawning Zeds and it has a small village size army of them lurking in the field. If some cap was made for individual small buildings like that, it would be perfect. I don't mind large numbers of Zeds in villages and cities - I love that, realistically shows the population of a village and makes it even more exciting and demanding forward planning to pull stealthy looting off :)

The increased number of zeds is good. Limiting them around smaller buildings is something I would welcome and the spawn rate needs to go down a little in smaller towns and villiages. It is currently possible to deal with the first wave and not escape before they begin respawning again.