kyle4921

How to survive solo!

My first zombie kill was with a hatchet. It was a desperate, ugly melee that nearly killed me. On the other hand the second time I tackled a zed with a hatchet it was a one hit kill, No fuss whatsoever. Melee dosen't seem to be the way to go for zombies.

My plan of action is to run through whatever city I'm in hitting up orange/red brick houses along with the supermarket, schoolhouse and any warehouses/barns that may be in the area. Once I find a weapon (usually a hatchet or an Einfield) I go to the nearest hospital and get 2 morphine, 2 blood bags, and a box of pain killers.

One note is that if you're near one of the hospitals in Elektro, there is usually a box behind the building with supplies near the trash cans, and I would recommend looting that instead of trying to go inside since others will be going to the front doors also and you run the risk of being player killed.

One major tip for new players is that if you want to survive, you must cease to have trust for ANYONE. 9/10 players that you see are bandits. Not because they are evil or want to piss you off, but because they know from experience that bandits survive. 1/9 bandits is a sniper in the hills getting his kicks off from shooting unsuspecting players. So long story short... DON'T TRUST ANYONE! If you do, it's at your own risk. Most newly spawned players are trustworthy nowadays simply because they have no weapon, however once you find weapons, I've seen great guys turn into bandits right behind my back, either to get my weapon or steal something good that I found.

But to top that off, here's a list of tools that you will need that will help you survive off the wilderness

-Hatchet for wood and killing animals silently

-Knife for gutting meat

-Book of matches for lighting fires

-Canteen for renewing water at fill stations

-Revolver for last ditch efforts to kill zombies

-Larger Bag (optional) to carry meat and medical supplies

Hope this helps!

tl;dr

The easy way is to run up north with a hatchet' date=' matches, knife, and a canteen.

Stay hidden and you'll be fine.

[/quote']

Can you kill zombies easy enough with hatchet or knife without taking damage yourself? Curious...

Not every time.

But there are no zombies off map or in forests, and if you do take damage, just find an animal and cook its meat.

From my solo experience so far, I find the easiest place to loot for good supply is the church and supermarket at Chernogorsk, lightly guarded and close to the coast line. Just beware of other players looting the area, hide if you have to. In the apartment building north of the supermarket, you'll likely to find some weapons and ammo.

Good tips, thanks for sharing!

I've been living off the land for some time now, and one of my favorite places to visit for supplies are dear stands. They are relatively safe, because they are often located in the treeline and away from other structures.