Tonkis

Remove moving while looting

This game is so try hard in many ways. Yet you can strafe, run or walk while looting. Force the player to be still while looting. The amount of meta is just absurd at this point. Lean, sprint and strafe spam while looting just ruins the immersion. You die by touching something due to deasease, but running and leaning while looting is fair game. Looting should be a risk you are willing to take or not. you should be immobile when looting.at least corpses. Arma did it right in that way. You seem to aim for realism, but I'd like to see anyone loot a body while leaning and strafing at the same time.

How often don't you see lean and strafe spam? Fine when peeking or fighting or whatever. Even tho it's so bad right now. Doing it while looting tho. That's just bad in every way. Immersion, difficulty and meta wise. It's abused to absurdity by try hards.

Edited by Tonkis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I agree, but I'd like to add that we should be able to grab and drag dead players, or even uncon players into more favorable positions also. Looting inventories could also be changed so you have to search the particular item of kit (pants, bag, torso) to see what's inside instead of instantly knowing what's in every pocket. This searching function (lifted from Tarkov) could be added to crates, tents, and different rooms you encounter on the map (cabinets in kitchens, shelving, lockers, etc) in order to slow down the looting procedure since it's so fast right now. The current system allows you to literally run through buildings looting quickly through vicinity view, making it less likely to run into another player. I don't think speed running the game should be encouraged. 

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

I agree, you shouldn’t be moving while going through stuff. Completely unrealistic. I would also like if you actually had to stop to grab stuff out your backpack. Being able to run and instantly equip something out your bag ruins the immersion. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, Sean_87__ said:

I agree, you shouldn’t be moving while going through stuff. Completely unrealistic. I would also like if you actually had to stop to grab stuff out your backpack. Being able to run and instantly equip something out your bag ruins the immersion. 

As far as I know, everytime You open your inventory/vicinity, your movement is slowed down. You meen "vicinity photoshooting", right? - just a double tap inventory while running around.

I think that's perfectly fine and mostly it will force U to get back and check that thing some more...

Paradox is that You guys cry for immersion, but the only thing this will do is making your playstyle more easy to U.

example: "You'll hear gunfight nearby, You'll just find strategic position and wait till winner loots looser. Bang! You've had your perfectly static target and now You have both of them for free..."

U can't take something out of your backpack while on the move IRL? Cause I do :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mexnomercy said:

As far as I know, everytime You open your inventory/vicinity, your movement is slowed down. You meen "vicinity photoshooting", right? - just a double tap inventory while running around.

I think that's perfectly fine and mostly it will force U to get back and check that thing some more...

Paradox is that You guys cry for immersion, but the only thing this will do is making your playstyle more easy to U.

example: "You'll hear gunfight nearby, You'll just find strategic position and wait till winner loots looser. Bang! You've had your perfectly static target and now You have both of them for free..."

U can't take something out of your backpack while on the move IRL? Cause I do 😄

You don’t physically have to open your bag in this game though. That’s my issue. As far as looting a dead body, how are you able to go through his stuff while walking? It makes no sense. You say that more immersion makes my play style easier. Well, I agree. The more immersive the game is, the more real world tactics I can use. The problem you may have with more realistic gameplay is that you may not be familiar with real world tactics and refuse to learn. Thus making it harder for people like you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, Tonkis said:

This game is so try hard in many ways. Yet you can strafe, run or walk while looting. Force the player to be still while looting. The amount of meta is just absurd at this point. Lean, sprint and strafe spam while looting just ruins the immersion. You die by touching something due to deasease, but running and leaning while looting is fair game. Looting should be a risk you are willing to take or not. you should be immobile when looting.at least corpses. Arma did it right in that way. You seem to aim for realism, but I'd like to see anyone loot a body while leaning and strafing at the same time.

How often don't you see lean and strafe spam? Fine when peeking or fighting or whatever. Even tho it's so bad right now. Doing it while looting tho. That's just bad in every way. Immersion, difficulty and meta wise. It's abused to absurdity by try hards.

100%. i was thinking about this the other day, and it makes perfect sense. there are really no drawbacks except opening up the skill ceiling a little more, which is barely uneccesary but naturally a little uncomfortable. being able to drag conscious and unconscious players around would make this a fully fleshed out mechaninc

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 5:17 AM, mexnomercy said:

this literally happens all the time, which is why I suggested being able to move bodies. Also, clearing the area prior to looting a body is a solution. 

I agree with OP, slow down looting + add dragging bodies 👍

Looting in general in DayZ is unfit for a game that DayZ is trying to be (or at least pretending to be).
It's supposed to be an immersive hardcore sandbox survival shooter with zombies, why is everyone running around like we are playing Fortnite?
Sprinting from a room to room, looking at the usual 3 spots that loot spawns and running out the door to the other building.
Side stepping over dead bodies while taking the entire inventory in a couple of seconds.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:17 AM, mexnomercy said:

When the damage balance shifted to 1 tap uncon system, people that were defending the change were saying "learn to play, play smarter and safer, dont play it like cod"

So I'll use the same argument now. learn to play, play smarter and safer, dont play it like cod.

Do we want it to be immersive? Then make it immersive. Don't be half "cracked out fortnite kid" and half "its realistic to get 1 tap unconned wearing best armor that the game offers".

On 9/20/2024 at 11:17 AM, mexnomercy said:

U can't take something out of your backpack while on the move IRL? Cause I do 😄

Surely not at the speeds that you can do in the game. Put a gun in backpack and put it on hotbar and pull it out in a matter of miliseconds. That in my opinion is not right for DayZ.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I agree with OP, slow down looting + add dragging bodies 👍

Looting in general in DayZ is unfit for a game that DayZ is trying to be (or at least pretending to be).
It's supposed to be an immersive hardcore sandbox survival shooter with zombies, why is everyone running around like we are playing Fortnite?
Sprinting from a room to room, looking at the usual 3 spots that loot spawns and running out the door to the other building.
Side stepping over dead bodies while taking the entire inventory in a couple of seconds.

When the damage balance shifted to 1 tap uncon system, people that were defending the change were saying "learn to play, play smarter and safer, dont play it like cod"

So I'll use the same argument now. learn to play, play smarter and safer, dont play it like cod.

Do we want it to be immersive? Then make it immersive. Don't be half "cracked out fortnite kid" and half "its realistic to get 1 tap unconned wearing best armor that the game offers".

Surely not at the speeds that you can do in the game. Put a gun in backpack and put it on hotbar and pull it out in a matter of miliseconds. That in my opinion is not right for DayZ.

I would also agree with a good part of what you write, but:

*)
As I have already argued for another topics (valid for all aspects of DayZ)... DayZ is a gigantic arcade, in some aspects a bit realistic, in others completely out of any reality of this universe (I do not make lists)... You CANNOT change just one aspect of the game... justifying the "greater realism"... without also changing/fixing all the other aspects of the game related to what you are changing... you do not "improve" the game... you "mess it up" even more.

*)
To all those who use the "greater realism" argument to "explain" the reasons for their requests to modify the game... unfortunately... I remember this:

Spoiler

On 6/6/2024 at 11:37 AM, merropa93 said:

Hey guys,
well, first of all, DayZ is not a Zombie Simulator (the Z stands for "Zero", not "Zombie"- there are no zombies, they are infected people who are still alive, just seriously ill-driven to madness and primal instincts.), so let's get this one straight, and it never was, there is a difference between a simulator and hardcore survival game.

"The difference between computer simulations and computer games is subtle but important. At the core, the distinction is that simulations are about things (or systems) and how they behave, and games are about a fun user experience." - this is the core definition and difference between those two.

I totally understand your point and what upsets you believe me, but this game was never intended as a simulator. Bohemia Interactive has a branch dedicated to simulations and those are for training military forces and civilian organizations. So if DayZ were ever intended as a simulation, it would not be under our game studio, but under Bohemia's daughter.

I know that this reply is most likely something that will probably upset you, and I am very sorry for that, but these are just facts. We have a proverb in our country, that is the biggest truth ever "Není na světě člověk ten, aby se zavděčil lidem všem".
In translation "There is not a person in the world who can please everyone", just switch the person for a company. There will always be people around the world, who will be dissatisfied no matter what one can do, and the only thing that can be done is, to enjoy the little things, because I think that there are some much more upsetting things irl, so why be upset in the game too...if it stopped giving you what you love and enjoy, maybe it's a good idea to take a break from it, or try creating what you want the game to be yourself, that's how most of the games started anyway.
Hope this will help you better understand, why DayZ won't be making the movements and gunplay 100% the same as it is in reality. It may be polished in the future, but it will never be like a simulation.

PS: you can call it a jogging simulator, which it kinda is. Takes ages to cross it 😄

😔

¯\_(^~^)_/ ¯

Im happy that more than me (and my close friends) find this issue affecting the game negativity. I also agree very much with the drag body thing. If you can't risk not moving while looting, let us drag it. If we want to push it, let us put the body in the trunk of a car. But that's out of scope for this suggestion.

I must say that I do notice that mostly meta and power gamers are against this suggestion. I would assume the other majority would agree with this change tho.

Coming from the OG DayZ mod, from Arma 2, 3 and then ultimately the standalone. The current state is a huge letdown.

Just my two cents. But glad to hear people agree that this "zoomer" style of gameplay isn't suitable for DayZ.

It's no ARMA simulator, it's just its derivate set in postapo world infested with zombies (how realistic is that, huh?). WTH are You talking about...? 😄

We can carry small game (chickens/rabbits/foxes) now...it took several years to implement this change. Drag bodies...? Welcome in year NEVER/EVER.

There're problems through entire game, some not fixed for years, some unfixable at all and You want to add more complexity? This will mess with so many mechanics You can't even imagine brav.

I'm not defending current state, I'm not judging your play-style, I'm just realistic enough IRL that I can see no future for your request. Wana be a DRAG-QUEEN?🍆Find a different club...

I'm happy for any/every new little feature/fix...don't get me wrong. I hope You'll get yours, I really do. Question is - for what price...

On 9/26/2024 at 9:34 AM, mexnomercy said:

It's no ARMA simulator, it's just its derivate set in postapo world infested with zombies (how realistic is that, huh?). WTH are You talking about...? 😄

We can carry small game (chickens/rabbits/foxes) now...it took several years to implement this change. Drag bodies...? Welcome in year NEVER/EVER.

There're problems through entire game, some not fixed for years, some unfixable at all and You want to add more complexity? This will mess with so many mechanics You can't even imagine brav.

I'm ignorant to coding, but I don't understand what's so complex to picking up a body, it was a feature in Splintercell (2002) and Hitman. I figure it would be similar to picking up a crate or sea crate full of loot, just a different model, and it doesn't need to be a perfect animation, functionality matters most. 

The forums are for suggestions and discussion, I don't think we should limit our suggestions and imaginations to what you think the dev team is currently capable of. People are just saying what they'd like to see implemented and what direction the game should go, simple brav. 

• Beans 1

On 9/18/2024 at 11:37 PM, Sean_87__ said:

there are some hardcore modded servers that have functions like that...simply by adding an option to  search bodies/infected/containers ...which is  interrupted by moving around....similar things for backbags...u need to hold it in your hands or droped on the ground to access...recommend you look into modded servers ...many are garbage overly modded pvp zones but there are a few gems to find if ur looking for that kind of an experience...

vanilla servers...well they are too vanilla and lack depth, still in many ways.