playgroundzombi

Riot shields, hear me out ok?

UNIVERSAL STATS (apply to both shields)

-Cannot shoot while using it because you're obviously need two hands to push back a zombie

-Does no damage, only pushes back, think like a small explosion that does no damage, has no sound, just pushes back a little

-Cannot take damage from the side you are facing while holding the riot shield

-1% chance the shield can be yanked from your hands when fending off zombie attacks

RIOT SHIELD VARIANT 1

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100719111428/mafiawars/images/3/3b/200753192024.jpg

-Has less "health" than variant 2, meaning that it can effectively stop bolts, pellets and 9mm ammo but larger rounds do more damage to the shield and break it faster, with sniper shots penetrating

-Better visibility

RIOT SHIELD VARIANT 2

http://www.bulletproofvests.com/images/ballistic/shield-riot.jpg

-Has the most "health" out of the two, can effectively stop most rounds, with the exception of the M107 and multiple DMR rounds.

-Masks you from thermal sights

-Smaller visibility

-Slower movement speed when shield is raised because it is heavier

Thoughts? :cool:

could be fun if playing in a team the one with shield could scout atackers while otheres wait for location to take him out

Riot shield this that.

Hear you out? No. Absolutely not. I don't even need to read this to answer: hell no.

It's a pretty good idea, I think maybe the second shield needs to be dialed down to less health but obviously it should be pretty damn strong... Also I promote everything being more rare, so this item should be a godsend for a group, pretty useless for a loner and should take up your primary weapon slot. If they're made weaker maybe you should be able to fire a pistol at the same time taking inspiration from the head movement, instead of that ALT would move your gun reticle, giving you the ability to blind fire. [double tapping obviously swapping the roles to holding it moving the shield and not pressing it moves your gun reticle]

Dont think its possible with the ARMA engine,

Read somewhere that the zombie attack uses a trigger system,

And a shield only shields your +- 11 to 1 , 10 to 2 max.

Seems like a royal pain to code.